Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Lost City Of Aztecs Help ..
View previous topic :: View next topic  
subhadeepgayen
Powder Monkey

68 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Lost City Of Aztecs Help .. Reply with quote

Hi, Can anybody pls help in finding lost city of aztecs, i went nort of aztecks very very far even cant see any landmark, sorry for bad english

[/img]
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the water shape is your clue.

middle of Texas

or New Orleans.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:
the water shape is your clue.

middle of Texas

or New Orleans.

Sound advice from rupertlittlebear.
subhadeepgayen
Powder Monkey

68 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

searched every area which looks that shape in north even in south but cant find......... this is frustrating... Crying or Very sad
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

subhadeepgayen wrote:
searched every area which looks that shape in north even in south but cant find......... this is frustrating... Crying or Very sad

Yes - the game can be frustrating at times - when looking for lost Cities.

I am no expert - but the game is random each time you start from fresh - but the Clue - North of Vera Cruz - will be true.

Look at the map view - and try to find an area similar to that shown on the map.

Also - you have a stone head on the coast - so - walk up the coast looking for the stone head - then - inland a bit - trying to match up the rest of the clues.

Some games are easy - some are hard - it just depends on where these sort of things are randomly generated.

I have had games that were so easy - I needed only 1 quarter of a map piece to find the cities.

Do not give up - it is there some where.

Wink
demonen
Powder Monkey

86 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should also remember that landmarks that appear on your map are impassable.

This helps speed up the search a lot, since you can just attempt to walk through the first landmark you see after disembarking, and if you pass through it, you are in the wrong place.

Why this works, I have no idea... Confused
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

demonen wrote:
You should also remember that landmarks that appear on your map are impassable.

This helps speed up the search a lot, since you can just attempt to walk through the first landmark you see after disembarking, and if you pass through it, you are in the wrong place.

Why this works, I have no idea... Confused
You can never walk through the arch rock, stone head, deserted cabin, totem pole or inca temple. That only applies to the geysers and dead trees that are marked on that particular map.

My guess is the city is in the area of the red x on this map,

demonen
Powder Monkey

86 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loki59 wrote:
You can never walk through the arch rock, stone head, deserted cabin, totem pole or inca temple. That only applies to the geysers and dead trees that are marked on that particular map.

Because you only see those landmarks in the areas that you have on your map. In other areas you will only find geysers and trees.
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

demonen wrote:
loki59 wrote:

Because you only see those landmarks in the areas that you have on your map. In other areas you will only find geysers and trees.
Those landmarks are still there years later even when there is no treasure, lost relative, lost city. Go ashore at any of the named sea marks later in the game after you've found all the treasures, they are still there. You will be able to walk through some of the geysers and dead trees but not others that were marked on a previous map.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: