Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

50+ vs 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Fencing Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malus wrote:
I've tested it.
That 1 pirate/enemy that never dies is the captain of the ship, (you/enemy captain).

If there is only 1 pirate/enemy in either of the ships before the boardind you won't see anyone fightind in the backround but only you against the enemy captain.

Are you sure about that? I've never tested it though, but it seems strange if the programmers would implement that nice little detail...
Malus wrote:

In the towns it is diferent, if there are 0 enemies the Captain of the Guard (if I remember it right) imediately surrenders because he doesn't exist at all.

I think it's impossible to see the fighting sequence if the city has 0 soldiers defending it.

If the city has 20-80 soldiers defending it you will see the fighting sequence, but you won't be able to thin out the enemy force before the fight.

If the soldiers has 100 or more soldiers defending it you will meet him in a landbattle, and I don't think you will be able to get to the swordfight at all, as you will either ransack the city or install a new governor immediately if you win the battle...
LesBrisant
Powder Monkey

298 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After being an absolute hound and ransacking St. Eustaitus 10 times in 30 minutes, it is true. When there are 0 soldiers in the town, you go straight to the duel but the captain of the guard just sits down after one hit.

I've also tried the 1 pirate on 50+ however, I've found that on swashbuckler the enemy will become unbelieveably fast. You cannot win, even at 18. The enemy can wind up for a chop that you dodge, and in between the time you attempt to counter thrust him he will have recovered, wound up another chop and killed you before you even have a chance to get the thrust half way into him...

On a sidenote though, has anyone ever noticed that if you have 10+ pirates, get hit near one of the cinematic areas (like the fall down the stairs bit or the retreat to the top of them) and your crew falls back down to 1 in between that cinematic, you auto surrender...

I hate that addition with a passion.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LesBrisant wrote:

On a sidenote though, has anyone ever noticed that if you have 10+ pirates, get hit near one of the cinematic areas (like the fall down the stairs bit or the retreat to the top of them) and your crew falls back down to 1 in between that cinematic, you auto surrender...

I hate that addition with a passion.

I tend to use Grape shot a little more - to reduce the men to closer to the 1 level.
LesBrisant
Powder Monkey

298 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I haven't been here in a while. I nearly replied to myself until I read the quote name Razz

I try to avoid the grapeshot early game though. It may save the hull but it absolutely rips the sails and if you're planning on keeping it, a ship worth 10 gold sailing at slooooooooow speeds is not really worth it.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LesBrisant wrote:
Wow I haven't been here in a while. I nearly replied to myself until I read the quote name Razz

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

LesBrisant wrote:

I try to avoid the grapeshot early game though. It may save the hull but it absolutely rips the sails and if you're planning on keeping it, a ship worth 10 gold sailing at slooooooooow speeds is not really worth it.

Get a War Canoe as your tow boat.
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LesBrisant wrote:

if it ain't yer flagship

it don't slow you down any.

but iffen you want her whole

Board Baby Board
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:
LesBrisant wrote:

if it ain't yer flagship

it don't slow you down any.

but iffen you want her whole

Board Baby Board

All too True.
LesBrisant
Powder Monkey

298 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out what you guys meant about the fiances on Swashbuckler Sad

Sometimes I swear they pull pure hacks. The one thing that _always_ gets me is the chop, thrust, chop feint. I really don't know how you're meant to counter it. I always duck then try to thrust then duck again. But that's not quick enough. And you can't just duck twice can you?

There were some pretty lulzy moments though. I swear I confused both myself and the AI when he started feinting and I mashed buttons so everyone was jumping around on the screen. A lot of the time it'd end with me jumping into a chop or something though.

Plus, it's really hard to figure out that sort of attack it is when the camera is to the side. The AI always finishes with a thrust that I try to duck because of the angle...
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: