Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Do the Pistols really do anything?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Fencing Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39052 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain blood ROX! Guns Blazing
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68391 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I doubt the greatness of Captain Blood, but it does not explain why a fat old purser like meself, who's more interested in cheatin his shipmates than in winning battles never gets hit but always fires straight an' true, with nary a misfire either.

My theory is that the pistols are supposed to be an advantage, so you must hit, but in order to not make you look like a total swab, the enemy shoots at you first. I mean, Sid wouldn't want to make you look like you don't play fair, right? Of course the other guy misses, or there'd be no advantage to havin' the pistol.

Complete and total nonsense from any point of view except game programming. Catch a real pirate waiting to see if the other guy is equally armed!
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not that I doubt the greatness of Captain Blood, but it does not explain why a fat old purser like meself, who's more interested in cheatin his shipmates than in winning battles never gets hit but always fires straight an' true, with nary a misfire either.

Ah, but you are just being modest, Mr. Blue. I'm sure that your character is just as good as mine...probably looks the same, and shoots just as straight, and plays just as fair, I'm guessing!

Aye indeed, these lads are all noble thieves and robbers, ye know! Good role models for today's youth...seeing as how the these pirates have been dead for some 300 years, and are therefore harmless, fun old coves...
Wink
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39052 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite simple really. It doesn't involve arm pits of steel either.

The character is firing blanks! He doesn't want murder.

The game plays as a romanticized version of your life. In a sense you're living your life as if it were a movie about the legend of your life. Hence why you can do amazing things - dance with every woman you meet, dodge all gun shots, walk on water, set a up a new governor every week.

For some reason the director enjoys watching the bad guy get shot in the armpits.

See simple! Idea
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's quite simple really. It doesn't involve arm pits of steel either.

The character is firing blanks! He doesn't want murder.

The game plays as a romanticized version of your life. In a sense you're living your life as if it were a movie about the legend of your life. Hence why you can do amazing things...

Aye, indeed- that's why the subtitle of Pirates! is... Live the Life!

Everybody wants to imagine themselves a hero, I reckon- with as little loss and as much fun as possible to themselves. That's why computer games are so popular, methinks- we get involved in a life beyond our chores and limitations, at least for a little while. A mini-vacation from reality...
Rupert Drake
Powder Monkey

346 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is certainly good to know. I never ever noticed any effect though. I'll try to get these upgrades sooner than usual now. Wink
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: