Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

The "Crew Harvesting" mini-mini-game
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maturin
Swabbie

1736 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I sometimes lose some of the men I saved from drowning right after the fight again... why is that??? They should be more loyal to me Wink
Big Dog Barque
Powder Monkey

124 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the ship's surgeon couldn't revive them after picking them up. That's why we got mouth to mouth "rescue-breathing" today. Wink
Black Falcon
Swabbie

375 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if you use a fish net to scoop them up. Running over them (keel-haul) should be optional for the mutinying crew. Sailor
jeff204vk
Cutthroat

529 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The "Crew Harvesting" mini-mini-game Reply with quote

Emmerson wrote:
Careful crew harvesting can yield results comparable to visiting tavern when your crew is unhappy, and you don't waste a week of game time! The best I've managed to get off a single ship so far is 11 crew off of a Brig of War that had 160 men on it before I started in with the grape shot.

Are you having problems recruiting enough crew without this strategy? I find that early on I don't have enough gold to support a huge crew without mutiny problems, and late in the game I'm traveling all over the place (finding Lost Cities, chasing Montalban, etc.) so that I dock in many different ports and I end up with plenty of crew from different taverns.

Are you only using this toward the end of the game, when you have so much gold that you never have a concern about mutiny, or do you use it all the time? Do you use this strategy as a fun minigame even though you don't need the crew, or would you be short crew without it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: