Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Captain Kidd's Treasure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Captain Kidd's Treasure Reply with quote

I have spent two years of game time and two hours of real time looking for Captain Kidd's treasure. Despite the landlocked map with no seamark, it should be easy since there is only one seamark on the whole of the Yucatan Peninsula. I now know the territory "east of Campeche" like the back of my hand, but no pirate treasure. Would someone else like to have a go at it? If so, I will e-mail you the game file.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a go - I will PM you an e-mail address to send it to.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a Fews Hours of Playing ( At Work Smile )

I was not able to Find Kidds Treasure - however I found the Inca Treasure - and your Grandfather - just stumbled across them whilst walking around.

Screen Shots Below - and I mean real screen shots - I had to take a photo of my screen - the Prnt Screen Option was only capturing Black - probably the way this PC is Configured.

Will keep Searching

Inca Treasure Here :

Due West from just above Ameland

Grandfather Here - South East of Havana
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, sparticus. Last night I picked up the game from my last save before I wasted two years searching for Kidd's treasure. I've now found all four lost cities. They were all in that same area, as was Montalban's hideout. Since I was in the area, I looked again for Kidd's treasure, but without success.

It's useful to know that my grandfather is in that same area. Perhaps after I find him some of the extra landmarks will vanish. (Is it possible that the pirate treasure is being covered up by a landmark from a different treasure map?)
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
Thanks, sparticus. Last night I picked up the game from my last save before I wasted two years searching for Kidd's treasure. I've now found all four lost cities. They were all in that same area, as was Montalban's hideout. Since I was in the area, I looked again for Kidd's treasure, but without success.

It's useful to know that my grandfather is in that same area. Perhaps after I find him some of the extra landmarks will vanish. (Is it possible that the pirate treasure is being covered up by a landmark from a different treasure map?)

The reason I was Searching near Havana was that I thought that it might be a long way east - but who knows. Good luck.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh . . . I see you meant my grandfather was in a different location.

Last night I rounded up Blackbeard and Morgan - my last remaining quests, apart from Kidd's treasure. Since Morgan was in the vicinity of the treasure, I looked for it one last time. The landscape had not changed and there was still no sign of the treasure. I give up.

I guess I don't need that treasure to finish with 126 points since it was the ninth treasure map and I have all four pieces of the map.

Anyway, thanks for your help.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm . . . It looks like I actually need to find the treasure to score the point (unlike with lost cities). So I'll have to settle for 125. *sigh*
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
Hmmm . . . It looks like I actually need to find the treasure to score the point (unlike with lost cities). So I'll have to settle for 125. *sigh*

I will load up your game again - and have another search - if I find anything - I will let you know.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparticus wrote:
Roland wrote:

I will load up your game again - and have another search - if I find anything - I will let you know.

Well - that did not take long.

To the East of Vri iheidstst at the Tip of South America find Rum Head.

Land there - and walk due South - you will come across all of the required land marks.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, sparticus! I just acquired the treasure.

I checked out that area once before, but I did not find any of these landmarks then. There was an arch rock near the coast, but then I walked through the next landmark I found, and I could not see any further landmarks in any direction with my telescope. Maybe I landed on the wrong side of a hill and missed what was on the other side.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
Thanks, sparticus! I just acquired the treasure.

I checked out that area once before, but I did not find any of these landmarks then. There was an arch rock near the coast, but then I walked through the next landmark I found, and I could not see any further landmarks in any direction with my telescope. Maybe I landed on the wrong side of a hill and missed what was on the other side.

From Rum Head - there were 2 Arches when walking South - go past the first one - the second was the one on your treasure map.

Happy Hunting.

( At least you know it's there now )
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just retired from piracy at age 47 in terrible health to become Governor of Leogane, where I have long been regarded as a hero after rescuing the city from its Spanish captors.

Now it's time to put away disk 2 and buckle down for my final semester of theology.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
I just retired from piracy at age 47 in terrible health to become Governor of Leogane, where I have long been regarded as a hero after rescuing the city from its Spanish captors.

Now it's time to put away disk 2 and buckle down for my final semester of theology.

Doh !!! - good luck with the study.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still Studying ??
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: