Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

The time your luck ran out
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: The time your luck ran out Reply with quote

So I'm playing my first land battle after reading up on this sub forum.

I want to experiment a little with my strategy. So I have the buccanners behind rocks in the center, some pirates in the woods on the left, and my officers and some pirates are making for cover on the right.

The Spanish attacked my right with two troops of lancers before I could make it to cover.

Well, my officers struck one troop in the flank first, before it could strike at my crew.

On the Spanish turn, the remaining Lancers returned the favor, striking my officers from uphill. My officers were routed. On the same turn the Spanish horsemen struck an adjacent group of Pirates in the flank and routed them. On the same turn, the Spanish horsemen hit a second group of pirates in the flank, routing them . Yes, that's right. 3 units destroyed in the same turn by one unit!

Now, on my turn the remaining pirates on my right hit the lancers in the flank and avenged the deaths of their shipmates. In the overall scheme of things I lost my officers and 2 groups of pirates to take out both groups of horsemen. Acceptable. I did manage to win the center and left of the battle field with the loss of one other unit.

I've been caught in the open by horsemen before, but I've never seen one take out three units in the same turn before. ( only two).

Has anybody else? Does anybody else have a bad luck story?
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

if you notice your officers and the oppositions archers (indians) can @ times complete an attack and then make 1 other move. The cavelry has a movement range of 2 which means they can always take out 2 units and up to 3 if the conditions are right. Thats why I take them out immediately with EXTREME PREJUDICE!
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: correction Reply with quote

calvery has a movement range of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Land Battles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: