Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

What do you do?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be using a War Canoe (or Pinnace or Mail Runner if you prefer). Make sure you have cotton sails and copper plating and you will almost ALWAYS get the Indian War Canoes.

I have found that taking an Indian canoe is worth 1 favor point from all nations. You get 50 acres of land for each canoe, or points toward your next promotion. I like to track them down because they are free money to me.

When going after ships, remember you are going to sell them so the bigger ships are worth more. Getting a fully loaded War Galleon from Monty, Raymondo or Mendoza is worth 1800 gold. That is a lot of money! Taking out Monty's s hip nets you 5000 gold, 1800 for the ship and at least 300 more for the cannons and cargo - that is 7100 in profit minimum. Raymondo is worth at least 5100 each time and Mendoza at least 4100 each time.

I have seen Military Payroll ships carrying as much as 17,000 in gold! Generally they have around 2000 to 3000 in gold and when counting the ship value and their cargo they are worth about 4000 to 5000 each.
Treasure Ships are worth about as much but no spectacular amounts. You will get 2000 to 3000 for their gold and cargo plus another 1000 for the ship so they are great targets too!

So, I almost always to after Pirates, War Canoes, Military Payrolls and Treasure ships. I generally allow Immigrants and New Governors to pass me by and this keeps the Spanish off my back.
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
You should be using a War Canoe (or Pinnace or Mail Runner if you prefer). Make sure you have cotton sails and copper plating and you will almost ALWAYS get the Indian War Canoes.

I have found that taking an Indian canoe is worth 1 favor point from all nations. You get 50 acres of land for each canoe, or points toward your next promotion. I like to track them down because they are free money to me.

When going after ships, remember you are going to sell them so the bigger ships are worth more. Getting a fully loaded War Galleon from Monty, Raymondo or Mendoza is worth 1800 gold. That is a lot of money! Taking out Monty's s hip nets you 5000 gold, 1800 for the ship and at least 300 more for the cannons and cargo - that is 7100 in profit minimum. Raymondo is worth at least 5100 each time and Mendoza at least 4100 each time.

I have seen Military Payroll ships carrying as much as 17,000 in gold! Generally they have around 2000 to 3000 in gold and when counting the ship value and their cargo they are worth about 4000 to 5000 each.
Treasure Ships are worth about as much but no spectacular amounts. You will get 2000 to 3000 for their gold and cargo plus another 1000 for the ship so they are great targets too!

So, I almost always to after Pirates, War Canoes, Military Payrolls and Treasure ships. I generally allow Immigrants and New Governors to pass me by and this keeps the Spanish off my back.

(emphasis mine)

Taking out Monty's hip!? No wonder he's so fast; he's had his hip replaced! And at 5000 gold pieces a pop, I'm sure it was gold plated too! Maybe even solid gold!

If you do this with a non-Spanish nation you may also spawn a SotL...
Sailor
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: