Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Special Ship (Interceptor Class) Re: parksbanyon + Map?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mailman
Powder Monkey

523 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Special Ship (Interceptor Class) Re: parksbanyon + Map? Reply with quote

I wanted this ship but file writing is not my strength.

See parksbanyon's awesome post here:

http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6613&highlight=interceptor

Rolling Eyes I saw an unrelated and obvious red herring old post about a Special Ship that I won't bother mentioning just to help deny it any well-undeserved traffic. Rolling Eyes

Twisted Evil However, it got me to thinking about missions and Map making Idea

Q: What determines the ship Class in an Amnesty mission? Can a different ship be written into that, or any other mission? (Mailrunner?)

Q: Can a river be created at the end of which is placed an invisible and only monastery/Settlement/Haven?

Q: Can an inlet be installed (by a map maker) to give access to existing, land-locked cities?
Mailman
Powder Monkey

523 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Special Ship (Interceptor Class) Re: parksbanyon + Map? Reply with quote

Named Pirate Ship properties observations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6BnFv2c8BA&feature=youtu.be
jlangsdo
Cutthroat

10932 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landlocked cities don't have ship access because of a particular bit set. It's not just the lack of a water approach; the cities don't have docks. The bit can be flipped pretty simply.

A river can be added to the map. It's not super easy (there are a few files to edit in tandem to get it right), but it can be done.

I'm not sure about an invisible settlement. That's the sort of thing you can stumble on by doing part of the work of relocating a city/settlement, but not all of it.
Mailman
Powder Monkey

523 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlangsdo wrote:

I'm not sure about an invisible settlement. That's the sort of thing you can stumble on by doing part of the work of relocating a city/settlement, but not all of it.

"Stumble-on" is my middle name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Hints and strategies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: