Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

300 years old?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foopaux
Powder Monkey

180 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: 300 years old? Reply with quote

I was wondering how you get to be hundreds of years old... I thought there was a forced retirement?
Swordeater
Seaman

2009 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Only if you divide your plunder. To solve the problem, all you have to do is to not divide the plunder and you'll have your "skeleton crew" in a matter of years. Of course, avoiding a mutiny still has to be done. Gold, music and women motivate your crew. Unfortunately, capturing daughters from Mendoza clones doesn't help but getting a 3-stringed fiddle, a Concertina and lots of gold will always keep your crew motivated - if you have both items, you need about 1000 gold pieces to keep them unhappy but not mutinous for all eternity. (Not counting your share.) Finding a lost city basically guarantees you 50 crewmen forever.

Of course, there is the problem of getting your gold stolen by an enemy pirate or whatever. But that shouldn't happen... right?
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swordeater wrote:
No. Only if you divide your plunder. To solve the problem, all you have to do is to not divide the plunder and you'll have your "skeleton crew" in a matter of years. Of course, avoiding a mutiny still has to be done. Gold, music and women motivate your crew. Unfortunately, capturing daughters from Mendoza clones doesn't help but getting a 3-stringed fiddle, a Concertina and lots of gold will always keep your crew motivated - if you have both items, you need about 1000 gold pieces to keep them unhappy but not mutinous for all eternity. (Not counting your share.) Finding a lost city basically guarantees you 50 crewmen forever.

Of course, there is the problem of getting your gold stolen by an enemy pirate or whatever. But that shouldn't happen... right?

300 Yrs Old - A Young Pup

Foopaux
Powder Monkey

180 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa. thanks.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sparticus's record of 1412 years old (and played the whole time) is one that will never be broken. Truly awesome!

I am also in awe of his using a war canoe to destroy the sails, masts and force a white flag from a Ship of the Line, truly awesome!

It is actually easy to take out a SOTL with a war canoe, just zip back and forth dodging the cannons, then board and cut the up. That's how I got my first SOTL. However, defeating one with cannon fire from a war canoe, that's terrific! Also, anyone who takes out a SOTL using a Dutch Fluyt at Swash level also has my admiration!!!
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
I think Sparticus's record of 1412 years old (and played the whole time) is one that will never be broken. Truly awesome!

I am also in awe of his using a war canoe to destroy the sails, masts and force a white flag from a Ship of the Line, truly awesome!

It is actually easy to take out a SOTL with a war canoe, just zip back and forth dodging the cannons, then board and cut the up. That's how I got my first SOTL. However, defeating one with cannon fire from a war canoe, that's terrific! Also, anyone who takes out a SOTL using a Dutch Fluyt at Swash level also has my admiration!!!

Have not played for several years now Sad
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was important for people to see this thread again. Sparticus has the longevity and wealth records for this game. By the time of this thread, he had stopped playing SMP for "several years" back in Feb 2015. His records of 3.7 million gold and over 1 million acres of land are simply amazing.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for bumping this. I was trying to remember where to find it for the same reason.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers - and still not dead yet - just lurking.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rest assured, you are immortal on this board!!!! Very Happy
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparticus wrote:
Cheers - and still not dead yet - just lurking.

I'm so glad to hear you're still alive! I was concerned. Happy sailing. Smooth Sailing
bryce777
Gunner

652 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: