Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Game you have spent the most time on??
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davyjones wrote:
Nice, I see you have the original Commodore monitor. That one, my brother tossed out. We have the pc and diskdrive but at least it should play on an rca plugged tv.

i dont see the diskdrive in the pic. is that the cassette instead?

The Disc Drive is on the left hand side with red lens lock code unlocker for the Game Elite - it is a 3rd Party drive - not an original 1541 - loaded games a lot faster - I also have a Cockroach Turbo ROM installed.

http://ar.pokefinder.org/wiki/File:Cockroach_Turbo-ROM_Manual.pdf

And a Okimate 10 Color printer and a handful of color cartridges as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okimate_10
davyjones
Cutthroat

5230 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice... I didnt know there was 3rd party hardware like that. Other than the epson dot matrix printer, everything we had was commodore. Including lots of the public domain software...
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davyjones wrote:
Nice... I didnt know there was 3rd party hardware like that. Other than the epson dot matrix printer, everything we had was commodore. Including lots of the public domain software...

Such a shame that the Commodore Company Went Belly up Sad

This is a really good read :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_64
davyjones
Cutthroat

5230 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree. The amiga was so much better than the early Macs. But, they gambled and lost...
Red Rabbit
Cutthroat

321 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realised I didn't have answered this topic's question..

Like many on this topic I have spent most time with Civ2 (Sid is the man; keep it in the family). Played it like through the years 1996-2000. Made even some scenarios and mods.
Scenarios were: Roman Civil War, WW2 Pacific, and Napoleon 1812 (Russian campaign).
Mods included: The Olympics technology (first one to invent it get 1000 gold), Castle tech, Facism tech, Globalization tech, Militia unit (earlier Rifleman), Ballista unit (later Catapult), Man-O-War unit (good ship before Steam Engine), Panzer Tank unit,
and some other stuff.
If only can find the floppy discs where I saved them. Wonder if they are OK. Surely would share them with the people online.

Maybe Sid Meier's Pirates! is becoming my "most time spent on game". My computer is getting old that even if they would release the new Pirates! game, I would still play this version because even now the recently published games won't run in this device. Maybe that will be the day I'm going to upgrade my system (or even get a brand new one).
What is certain that I'm going to play SMP till the next one is published. And if that sucks (hope not), I come back to this version.
- Pirates! Forever!
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent a LOT of time playing the Age of Empires/Age of Mythology/Age of Kings series. It was and is a lot of fun!

I played Ultimate II all the way thru, it was great.

I really like the war games from Strategic Simulations, awesome!

I played lots of other war games along the way, guess I liked combat from a strategic, not tactical, standpoint.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to have lost interest in games the second half of this year, but I recently completed a couple of games of modded Civ IV, and had a great time.
Artfuldodger$702
Powder Monkey

117 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: re: game(s) I've spent the most time on Reply with quote

The Sims 2. I learned how to create recolours and added a lot of 'custom content'. It's a game that I find I'll binge play, then will stop playing it for a year or so because I spent way too much time on it (and needed to get back to real life). Currently I'm focused on Pirates.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague is an expert with Sid Meier's Civilization. I see he is a big poster on the big Civ web site. I played it once and thought it was OK but was like other games I have played.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoniusM
Powder Monkey

116 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Rome Total War, specifically the Europa Barbarorum mod.
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39052 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is definitely Dota 2 and Dota (original). I don't enjoy competitive gaming much, so I stopped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: