Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

War Cannoes
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red Rabbit
Cutthroat

321 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparticus wrote:
I set you a challenge - Use a War Canoe to Take down a Ship Of the Line.

It takes a while - but it can be done Smile

At last found a Ship Of the Line in my latest gameplay (doing the youngest 126p challenge with my first only-one dividing up the plunder) and tried this. Actually this is the second SOtL what I have seen in this run but doesn't have the earlier encounter saved. It was shockingly quick and easy to do and did it at the first attempt. Never underestimate the power of this little boat!
Behold, Caribbean! Terror of the Indian War Canoe in the hands of the bloodthirsty pirates! RARRRR!!! Very Happy
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3p3uq3dx44zq29n/SMP_canoe_vs_sotl_1.jpg?oref=e&n=399556011
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Rabbit wrote:
sparticus wrote:

At last found a Ship Of the Line in my latest gameplay (doing the youngest 126p challenge with my first only-one dividing up the plunder) and tried this. Actually this is the second SOtL what I have seen in this run but doesn't have the earlier encounter saved. It was shockingly quick and easy to do and did it at the first attempt. Never underestimate the power of this little boat!
Behold, Caribbean! Terror of the Indian War Canoe in the hands of the bloodthirsty pirates! RARRRR!!! Very Happy
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3p3uq3dx44zq29n/SMP_canoe_vs_sotl_1.jpg?oref=e&n=399556011

Sailor 3 rations of rum to the crew of the Mighty Banzai Sailor
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Rabbit wrote:
sparticus wrote:

That is EXACTLY what we have been saying about the small boats! You can zip in and take out any ship you want. Just be sure to have Iron Scantlings! It is easier to take out a SOTL with the small boats than with a bigger boat! Plus, you cut off 2 years of game time and don't have to stare at the monitor so long when you run between Vera Cruz and Trinidad. Good going! You should be hooked on small boats now!
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
Red Rabbit wrote:
sparticus wrote:

That is EXACTLY what we have been saying about the small boats! You can zip in and take out any ship you want. Just be sure to have Iron Scantlings! It is easier to take out a SOTL with the small boats than with a bigger boat! Plus, you cut off 2 years of game time and don't have to stare at the monitor so long when you run between Vera Cruz and Trinidad. Good going! You should be hooked on small boats now!

A fleet of War Canoes would not instill fear in the enemy - until you realized they were like a swarm of fast moving bees - and most of us would think twice before attacking a swarm of bees.
Red Rabbit
Cutthroat

321 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparticus wrote:
A fleet of War Canoes would not instill fear in the enemy - until you realized they were like a swarm of fast moving bees - and most of us would think twice before attacking a swarm of bees.

That gave me an idea for the name of the War Canoe: "Bee Sting" or maybe just "Sting" or better yet "Stinger".
And mod an evil-looking bee to the sails. Like the NBA's Charlotte Hornets' logo (obviously without the sneakers and the basketball; maybe a cutlass to replace the ball, and an eyepatch).
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68403 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you capture a SoTL with Stinger, you can re-name the SoTL Stung
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:

Or it might have a fit and go into anaphylactic shock.
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my current game, I have named my mail runner 'Lightning'.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
In my current game, I have named my mail runner 'Lightning'.

When you capture Morgan's large frigate (or a ship of the line) you can name it 'Thunder'.
Red Rabbit
Cutthroat

321 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:

That would be great but captured ships usually end up in the bottom of the sea. Just take their gold (and maybe the cargo, if there's room for it) and away I sail..
Sailor
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit that I usually keep any ships I capture and sell themin the nearest city. There are exceptions to this, in the first few years of a game I attack the Spanish with a fury and just go for the gold.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
I have to admit that I usually keep any ships I capture and sell themin the nearest city. There are exceptions to this, in the first few years of a game I attack the Spanish with a fury and just go for the gold.

I call this - Revenge of the Aztec's Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: