Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Hearts of Oak vs Pirates Open Seas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Hearts of Oak vs Pirates Open Seas Reply with quote

The crew that made the mod Gentlemen of Fortune (11.6GB) for Age of Pirates II is now independently developing a full blown game using the Unity engine called Hearts of Oak.
Myself, a friend, and my 2 sons have begun doing the same under the name Pirates Open Seas. We wish to develop a game between Pirates! and AoPII. open ended with expansibility.
The problem with AoPII in my opinion is execution. Even with the mod it takes a lot of time to set it up. There are so many keyboard commands it takes 2 keyboard ninjas to be effective. There is no standard virtual keypad nor can you use mouse pointers. This may be the reason the crew of GoF decided to make their own game.
I humbly ask for anyone with the needed skills to step up to carry the Pirates! legend forward on either or both projects.
Charts
Powder Monkey

131 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, my, God...

This is like the most awesome thing I've ever read (!!!)
davyjones
Cutthroat

5230 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is age of pirates? more video or more turn based? Never played it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: