Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Concerning my crew's morale...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Charts
Powder Monkey
Posts: 11


131 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Concerning my crew's morale... Reply with quote

For how long is it possible to keep your crew happy without sharing the booty?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roland
Boatswain
Posts: 2956



9014 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Concerning my crew's morale... Reply with quote

Charts wrote:
For how long is it possible to keep your crew happy without sharing the booty?

The traditional rule of thumb is that you can keep your crew happy forever with 1,000 gold per crew member. The more precise formula is developed in this old thread:

http://hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5677
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Pirate
Boatswain
Posts: 2092



30056 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your looking for a super tough challenge then I would recommend seeing how long you could keep a lady like girlfriend, wife etc happy without sharing the booty. Bet you won't last long. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Salty Dog
Helmsman
Posts: 5956



103214 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: Concerning my crew's morale... Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
Charts wrote:
For how long is it possible to keep your crew happy without sharing the booty?

The traditional rule of thumb is that you can keep your crew happy forever with 1,000 gold per crew member. The more precise formula is developed in this old thread:

http://hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5677


That is a positively SUPERB thread! I was always under the opinion that you had to have both the Cook and Quartermaster to get to the 1004 gold/crew member ratio to ensure immortality. The research that went into this is absolutely amazing! Great job!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Charts
Powder Monkey
Posts: 11


131 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
If your looking for a super tough challenge then I would recommend seeing how long you could keep a lady like girlfriend, wife etc happy without sharing the booty. Bet you won't last long. Smile


I'm coming for that booty, Ray! Sailor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Blue
Rigger
Posts: 1831



32448 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
If your looking for a super tough challenge then I would recommend seeing how long you could keep a lady like girlfriend, wife etc happy without sharing the booty. Bet you won't last long. Smile


I I don't share my booty, I can't expect my wife to share her's. Sound fair?
_________________
" ... the mistakes that we male and female mortals make when we have our own way might fairly raise some wonder that we are so fond of it. " George Eliot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roland
Boatswain
Posts: 2956



9014 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:
I I don't share my booty, I can't expect my wife to share her's. Sound fair?

Where a female pirate is involved, is "fair" a relevant concept?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Pirate
Boatswain
Posts: 2092



30056 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the female pirate comes from SE Asia. Vietnam to be exact and had a childhood of poverty due to the war tearing that country all to hell at the time and you can throw whatever you consider being fair out the window. It's a dog eat dog world and she'll find a way to get the booty one way or another.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group