Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

A Truly Lost City
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 2-3 FPS? Try dealing with 1 FPS!( Reply with quote

ronnraymore wrote:
Dancing is a complete waste of code...no skill is involved. A random flag determines if your avatar reels around like a drunk or smoothly completes the movements. Once done the repetition of dance with a specific female does not change the result...you are always rejected. Tiny hearts pop up around the large heart showing your acceptance by the female for your dancing prowess. However, in instances where the heart was surround by six small hearts, the max, the outcome was no different. The game freezes near the end of the dance and you can take a bathroom break, fix a meal, read a book, during the long delay...no need for a pause button.

Some of your assertions about dancing are incorrect. Skill is definitely involved. In fact, I don't think there is any random factor unless you have the relevant skill (wit and charm) or items (calfskin boots, dancing slippers), either of which will give you a random chance of not suffering the consequences of your mistakes. If you fail in your first dance with a daughter, you might be asked to dance with her again on a future visit to that city. If you fail the second dance, I think you might have to start the romance sequence over from scratch with her younger sister. There is no maximum number of small hearts you can get. I have gotten as many as 10, and I have seen screen shots showing two full circles of hearts, which would make 16.

I have never experienced the freeze you are talking about. On my brother's PC I used to get a small hiccup that would invariably cause me to flub the final dance move, but it did not delay the game.
ronnraymore
Seaman

4823 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: button mod? Reply with quote

Has anyone the knowledge of how to change the button positions of the on-screen keypad? I need to move the fire button (5) to another place to prevent firing while trying to maneuver on the battle screen. Surprised
AdamMil
Cutthroat

4747 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: button mod? Reply with quote

ronnraymore wrote:
Has anyone the knowledge of how to change the button positions of the on-screen keypad? I need to move the fire button (5) to another place to prevent firing while trying to maneuver on the battle screen. :o
You're really asking in the wrong place. This thread is only read by two or three people. The Customization & Modding forum is the place to ask, although I doubt anyone knows how to do it. But are you clicking on them or something? Using the keyboard seems safer...
ronnraymore
Seaman

4823 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: keyboard not a solution Reply with quote

Still too easy to mispress the 5 while trying to maneuver and watch the action on the screen.

Dancing has the 5 inactive -- what did that and where is it? I can just do the same for the battle keypad, and use spacebar to fire the canon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: