Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Making a backup
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How long do your game discs last before needing replacement?
overnight
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
a few weeks
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
a year
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
when did I start playing this?
80%
 80%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 10

Geniolien
Powder Monkey

262 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Making a backup Reply with quote

I realise that most games allow for a backup, but the Pirates game appears hell bent on encouraging a new sale when the disc gets a little scratch from over play. No copy for backup can be made (I appreciate that some lowlifes like to make illegal copies, but those of us who shell out the cash should be able to continue playing long into the metaphorical night).

Is there a legal place or way to make a back up so that we can preserve the original into the future? The installation code should suffice as evidence that we paid hard cold cash for the CD.. or am I being a little optimistic?
jeff204vk
Cutthroat

529 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: Making a backup Reply with quote

Geniolien wrote:
I realise that most games allow for a backup, but the Pirates game appears hell bent on encouraging a new sale when the disc gets a little scratch from over play. No copy for backup can be made.

Is there a legal place or way to make a back up so that we can preserve the original into the future? The installation code should suffice as evidence that we paid hard cold cash for the CD...or am I being a little optimistic?

I don't know if this was true when you posted, or if you're still checking this forum, but maybe this reply will help someone. If you find you're wearing out CDs, you can get the game online (Steam, GameFly, etc.) and download it. If a file gets corrupted, you can just deinstall the game and download it again.
Geniolien
Powder Monkey

262 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:22 am    Post subject: Thanks.... Does this also solve windows 10 issues? Reply with quote

Thanks for that.
Does this also overcome the issues playing on Windows 10?
Gen
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try to open the cd and get the files and folders out that way. Being scratched it might me difficult to do but it's worth a shot. If you can get them out then reborn them on new CDs or a least reborn disc 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: