Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Sound and frame rate issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EarlyeInTheMorning
Powder Monkey

84 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Sound and frame rate issues Reply with quote

Hello! I'm hoping someone can help me on these forums.

I recently purchased Pirates on Steam and I'm having issues with the audio: The sound effects, music and characters are really low, I can barely hear them. It's really muffled!

As for the frame rate: It's awfully slow. Especially in naval combat - It's INCREDIBLY slow, but for some reason when in a one on one fight with the captain of a ship the frame rate seems fine. The frame rate is also bad when I'm sailing around the map and visiting towns.

I've tried changing some things in the Config.ini folder such as changing the 3DAudioDriver to my audio drive but that didn't work (to be honest I'm not really good at fiddling around in folders) and changing the audio levels, but nothing seems to work. I've also tried running it in compatibility mode to see if that would fix any of the problems; nope. Updating the drivers didn't do a thing either.

Please help. I just want the game to run properly.

PS. I'm running the game on Windows 7 64-bit. DirectX 11.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Anyone else using a steam copy Reply with quote

The fact u have win 7 x64 installed tells me your hardware is more than capable. If anyone else with a steam copy reads this maybe they can provide info.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: possible problem area Reply with quote

a quote from thread "Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum":

AdamMil: All the data you can find in the exe will always be at the same location in the exe and in memory for a given version of the game (unless you're using the Steam version, which deliberately randomizes the base address in memory as part of its DRM). Some things are not defined in the exe at all; they are allocated on the heap and so appear in memory at an unpredictable locations.
ronnraymore
Seaman

4823 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: DirectX version Reply with quote

Have you tried installing and using the Direct X version 9 that the game was built for?

I tried DX11 and it did not work...I have the DVD from Mastertronics '05 version.
EarlyeInTheMorning
Powder Monkey

84 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: DirectX version Reply with quote

ronnraymore wrote:
Have you tried installing and using the Direct X version 9 that the game was built for?

I tried DX11 and it did not work...I have the DVD from Mastertronics '05 version.

Yep. I went through many loops and holes to try to get the game to run. Even bought it on GOG and asked customer support, did everything they recommended but it's a no-go. This game really doesn't like my NVIDIA drivers.

Guess I wont ever run this game. Thanks for trying, guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: