Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

First info about to be released
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, same here. The start of Q4 is only 5 months away!
Jeff_ATARI
Pirates! Official
Pirates! Official

1613 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Still on target for Q4 release?? Reply with quote

KingWilly wrote:
I just want to know if the game is still scheduled to be out in Q4/2004. I know it says it on Falconers great site, but I would love to hear it from Jeff and/or Barry.

Still on target for Q4 2004.

Still very exciting every time I play the prototypes.

Can't wait to show you all some more about the game... we'll be able to share more in mid-May.

Best,
Jeff Foley
Atari
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, Jeff. It is good to know that production is still on track, although I thought it would be, as Q4 is probably the best time to release new games with Christmas and all.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
pcastleberg
Powder Monkey

200 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Multi-Player Reply with quote

El Diablo wrote:
well,

it would make a lot of fun, fighting sea-battles, fencing... against other players and not only against the KI.

Maybe that is only a (the official) part of the reason... Wink

Well regardless of their reasons I have always thought that you could make a great multiplayer version of Pirates!.

I don't know if any of you have played in the old "MUDS" online but in muds you can login and play at your liesure then logout when you need to and when you login you start right back up where you were. You can continue your quests and everything.

This concept in my opinion would work very well for an online pirates community where you could have all kinds of real pirates participating. You naturally build up status and power throughout the game and this concept fits that very well.

IMO it would be really cool and I hope that in the future they will consider making a "Multi-Player" version of pirates that is playable along these lines. I would love it.
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Multi-Player Reply with quote

First Off I would like to welcome you to Cutlas Island. Many things to do here and of course more to come. Especially with the release of Pirates! coming soon.

MUDS (that I enjoyed for a very long time) are an older version of what today is known as MMORPG's. Many games have this wonderful concept of logging on and off when you want but some are adding a twist of eberything is still going. Of course if you have played Atari's release of Neverwinter Nights you would know exactly what I am talking about. Of course I play a lot of games.

It is a huge step going from the original and totally revemping the original to todays standards of gameplay. Luckily, we all know that the release of this Pirates! should not be the last and its success will allow future releases with more and more available. With the release date in Q4 I am sure just it will be a blast. I wouldn't mind seeing this game go to multiplayer myself but can wait for another release for that to happen. Hopfully Firaxis won't make the mistake That infogrames did with Civ III and add multiplayer but it totally (to me) messed up the way the game flowed and should flow.

Last edited by PiratesFan on Mon May 24, 2004 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really play multi-player games too often, but I think that, down the track, it would be good for Atari/Firaxis to consider that option - possibly when and if they produce a sequel.

It would certainly make a few more gamers open to buying the game if they knew they could play online against other gamers. As I mentioned before, I don't play alot of online games, but Pirates would be one to consider.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: