Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

PATCH!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryce777
Gunner

652 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corsican wrote:
All these fixes would be great but my main fix would be to make the game play on a laptop with Intel integrated graphics!!! I mean how intense are the graphics on Pirates!, really?? I can run Return to Wolfenstien, Half-Life, etc...all titles with rich graphics yet I can only get Pirates! to run on my destop. Are the graphics in Pirates! deceivingly "rich"???

The problem is directx. These cards just dont really have good directx 9 compatibility.

I dont think there is any patch they can do to fix this. They can't even use a lower directx version, because they are not allowed to by their licensing agreement with microsoft.
Johny
Powder Monkey

10 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first game I finished without crashing (year 1600) but then I started playing on 1660 (more ports and ships around) and the game tsrated crashing, It always crashes during a sea battle or land battle, I hope someone could help me...

Pentium 4 2.8 ghz
512 ram
Gforce 4 64 mb
mother athlon
windows xp

Thanks for everything

PD: It would be great to add some cut graphics in the clothe or faces of the pirates when they get cutted in a duel and some blood too...
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johny wrote:
PD: It would be great to add some cut graphics in the clothe or faces of the pirates when they get cutted in a duel and some blood too...

And take a chance on the dreaded "R" rating??
Johny
Powder Monkey

10 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the dreaded "R" rating?
eaglet
Powder Monkey

11 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Game Patch Reply with quote

Laughing Hey, Thanks for the Info.. The Game Looks Great and I Really Like it. Just needs the Bugs worked out so we can Play!!!
Very Happy

dhankskunk
Swabbie

350 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johny wrote:
My first game I finished without crashing (year 1600) but then I started playing on 1660 (more ports and ships around) and the game tsrated crashing, It always crashes during a sea battle or land battle, I hope someone could help me...

Pentium 4 2.8 ghz
512 ram
Gforce 4 64 mb
mother athlon
windows xp

I would advise another 512MB stick of RAM & a graphics card with more muscle. My ATI Radeon9800 128MB runs it like butter. Anything with 128MB should do it though. Do you have SP2 installed for XP?
blackbeardsnemesis
Powder Monkey

15 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Problems with treasure maps Reply with quote

Shocked not sure if anyone has posted this, I have found 3 of the lost cities and have the map for Olmec, however, there is no red X marks the spot...I have looked all over, NO CITY....I have the complete map and even had a second beautiful gov daughter give me a piece of the map again, no X...is this a bug?
bryce777
Gunner

652 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with treasure maps Reply with quote

blackbeardsnemesis wrote:
Shocked not sure if anyone has posted this, I have found 3 of the lost cities and have the map for Olmec, however, there is no red X marks the spot...I have looked all over, NO CITY....I have the complete map and even had a second beautiful gov daughter give me a piece of the map again, no X...is this a bug?

Yeah, unortunately sometimes the cities or relatives are jsut not there Sad
Johny
Powder Monkey

10 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would advise another 512MB stick of RAM & a graphics card with more muscle. My ATI Radeon9800 128MB runs it like butter. Anything with 128MB should do it though. Do you have SP2 installed for XP?[/quote]

The game runs great when it doesn´t crash, I dont think that this CTD are due to a 64mb graphics card when this should work with a 32... there must be something wrong in the game
i have sp2 yhea
Sara
Powder Monkey

26 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know if this problem was just posted...
i start my game with all video settings at lower level but sometimes when the game change scenario it crash, my video becomes all blue and the computer is blocked, so i must reset and reboot my pc...
my specs
amd xp 1900+
1024 ram ddr 400
Directx 9.0c
game version 1.0.0
ati radeon plus 9600 sapphire 256 ddr before with catalyst 3.1 then i upgrade to 5.1 then i upgrade again with omega driver but the problem is still here...
i can play at last for 10 minutes and then the game crash all my system...
MadAboutGFX
Powder Monkey

79 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: PATCH!!! Reply with quote

Problem: Games gets choppy until I task switch. Eventually have to reboot to get it to clear up. Also, screen transtions are corrupted. These look like a off screen rendering/page flipping problem. I see the wrong page at the beginning of fades.

PiratesFan & Firaxis_Barry wrote:
Screen was flickering and than in all scenes, cutscene or normal game scene, some textures were missing. The flickering was there the whole time too. Had to quit the game and restart it. It was fine then.
This sounds like a hardware issue. If it was us, it would not have been fixed by a restart.

I want to get you to think otherwise.

If it is a hardware issue, then you CAN fix it with software. (CS-101*)

Why can I run most all other apps?
(Rome: TW has its own problem w/ Senate. That seems to be a device addresing problem. My laptop has a "Media Center" (ok - a row of buttons to make the cd spin) that will only work if I get the right module bay. No matter what I do, I could not get the light to come on. Then I ran Rome:TW. Went to Senate screen; crashed out of program. Now light comes on until I reboot. Issue: Maybe the media center thing looks like a gfx card to some APIs. Just put that there b/c could be relevant.)

Kind of also reminds me of a problem that GTA:Vice City had until they relased a patch for Nvidia chips only. It was a clipping problem, but eventually you had to task swith b/c things got choppy.

Its progressive. Much like pointer/array that is ony a byte or so off. (CS-201 and those C++ programs lesson in null terminated strings using pointers that would run correctly after a certin number of runs. This was because you had enough bad writes to memory you eventually got the right thing back in the read b/c there were so many copies and the laws of probability came into play.)

So please, please make an effort to address this. For something that looks so much like a bad pointer refrence, just blaming it on hardware comes across poorly.

* CS-101 something they told us to the effect that all hardware's behavior can altered by software. Basically that it is quite possible to patch a hardware problem by accessing it via a software patch.

Thanks.
Kin Corn Karn
Powder Monkey

284 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johny wrote:
Whats the dreaded "R" rating?

It's non-PC and therefore Firaxis wants no part of it. It might make little Jimmy make other kids walk the plank and want to ballroom-dance.
pnm967
Powder Monkey

6 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Game shuts off Reply with quote

Does anybody else get this-sailing along (destination not relavent) screen blacks out,game shuts down. The only spec where I don't beat minimum required is ram. Have only 256. Would adding more help?Some times it shuts down after less than 5 minutes of play. As an old timer whos played three different previous versions,I'm a bit disappointed by this bugginess.
I love the game,but I really wish it would actually run decently.
pnm967
Powder Monkey

6 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Game shuts off Reply with quote

Does anybody else get this-sailing along (destination not relavent) screen blacks out,game shuts down. The only spec where I don't beat minimum required is ram. Have only 256. Would adding more help?Some times it shuts down after less than 5 minutes of play. As an old timer whos played three different previous versions,I'm a bit disappointed by this bugginess.
I love the game,but I really wish it would actually run decently.
Striker
Gunner

680 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with treasure maps Reply with quote

bryce777 wrote:
blackbeardsnemesis wrote:

Yeah, unortunately sometimes the cities or relatives are jsut not there Sad

Shocked They must have died in the plague or something. Maybe a reindeer Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: