Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Game Crash During Boarding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Epidemic14
Powder Monkey

73 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Game Crash During Boarding Reply with quote

Hello, Pirates! crashes every time I try to board another boat. Right after I crash into another boat the loading screen causes the game to crash. Im currently running a Geforce 8400M so its not an onboard graphics issue. Ive updated drivers, even tried omega drivers, closed all other applications and adjust all video settings.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.
sstabeler
Powder Monkey

37 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done some research, and the 8400M is made with a G86 chip. That chip is known to have overheating issues, whihc would cause a game crash. there is supposed to be a software update that will resolve the issue, but I don't know if it works or not, or even where to get it. So in other words, your graphics card is overheating, so I'd either get a new graphics card, or do something to improve the airflow around your computer case ( a fan blowing into the air intakes?)
Epidemic14
Powder Monkey

73 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the reply.

I tried running the game first thing and loading a battle directly after start-up well before the computer had anytime to heat up. And it still crashed during the loading period after a boat crash. Also this time I had music running in the background and the music froze up as well so maybe its not a graphics issue? This is so frusterating because I was able to board a few boats and play the game when I first got the game but ever since the first crash its a guarenteed crash.

Thanks again for any advice.
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sstabeler wrote:
I've done some research, and the 8400M is made with a G86 chip . . . so I'd either get a new graphics card ( a fan blowing into the air intakes?)
the "M" in the item name indicates its a lappy.

look into the sound issue

try alternative (sound) drivers
Epidemic14
Powder Monkey

73 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound drivers didnt seem to make a difference, however I noticed that Im able to prevent the game from crashing as long as I blast the oppship enough to render an automatic surrender. So loading the swordfighting is causing the issue then?
sstabeler
Powder Monkey

37 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much RAM do you have in your computer? as that sounds like an insufficient memory issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: