Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

My sweetheart went POOF!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Dancing Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WendyBinCT
Powder Monkey

1231 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: My sweetheart went POOF! Reply with quote

Boohoo! Having dallied with damsels all over the Caribbean, and having reached an age to settle down (30... in the game), I fell for the red-headed daughter of the English Governor I'd installed in Curacao. Pursued her right through the rescue from Mendoza, and just as I was about to deliver her home, expecting a warm welcome, the Dutch recaptured the city! I thought, "OK, I'll restore the English Governor," and did... but apparently this is a different English Governor, because even though his daughter could be the twin of my beloved, she doesn't recognize me! Seriously regretting my detours to rescue my Aunt, and intercept raiders bound for my other colonies. Word to the wise: once you pick your intended bride, focus on that goal to the exclusion of all others!

Arrr!
WendyB, aka Captain Owl of Owl's Nest
Gandalf
Swabbie

355 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would also help if your beloved's city has a fort with like 200+ soldiers. Smile
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you capture a city and change its nationality, you romance with that town's governor's daughter will start from zero.

If someone else does the same, the daughter will merely change nationality.

Cannot say that its too logical... I feel for you, Wendy!
The Aberdonian
Cutthroat

9958 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: My sweetheart went POOF! Reply with quote

WendyBinCT wrote:
Pursued her right through the rescue from Mendoza, and just as I was about to deliver her home...

...this is a different English Governor, because even though his daughter could be the twin of my beloved, she doesn't recognize me!

court her. then you have one redhaired in curaçao and one redhaired on your ship. what is wrong with that?

The Aberdonian
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard cheese Windy.

Never had that one happen before.
Had her forget and had her remember me when she was only demanding the ring and the city changed flag.

Had her remember me when returning her and the city had changed flag.

Wonder what causes the various results.
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:
Hard cheese Windy.

Never had that one happen before.
Had her forget and had her remember me when she was only demanding the ring and the city changed flag.

Had her remember me when returning her and the city had changed flag.

Wonder what causes the various results.

I think it is caused by what I said above. It matters who causes the city to chance nationality.
Inky the Great
Powder Monkey

25 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about when you transfer a new governer (of the same nationality) to a city? Does the daughter remain?
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused here, Wolfwood,

The computer was the one who changed the cities when returning the Mendosaed girl.

When she was whining for the ring:
Had it happen both ways when the computer changed the city.
Had it happen both ways when I changed the city.

Guess I'll have to pay more attention to this in the future. Maybe mistaken about my changing the cities.
zipperjones
Powder Monkey

201 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Same Thing Here Reply with quote

I was on my way back with same-said Fair Maiden, having rescued her from the scalliwag that plucked her away in the first place. I, being the scourge of the Spanish, and her being Spanish herself, my sweetheart and I could not re-enter the city so that I might claim her hand in marriage.

So I did what any self-respecting Pirate would do... I sacked the city. Instated a Kingly English Lord, as such was my inclination, and the aforementioned maiden disappeared off into the ocean with her fleeing people. No romance for me.

But this Governor's daughter is rather fetching herself... Smile

Morale of the Story: Be careful of the women you woo, and ensure they're not on the other side of your cannons...
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@rubertlittlebear: Yup, I guess I'll have to pay some more attention as well. Or we could all just hope that these inconsistencies go away with the patch...
WendyBinCT
Powder Monkey

1231 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to report I'm now happily married in the game, just as in Real Life! Very Happy Weighed abandoning lots of successful adventuring versus losing the girl o' my dreams... just wasn't ready to start from scratch with a clueless new redhead... so I ratcheted back to a game saved right after dueling with the Jealous Suitor. Hey, I can rescue old Auntie later, she's not going anywhere!

When I got to the point of popping the question, I called in my DH and son to see the animation of our nuptials (very cute), then thanked them for being guests at my wedding! Too funny!

Arrr!
WendyB
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the information, who changed governors? You or them?
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just wondering after reading all the posts about the dissapearing sweethearts. Say you get married and the city is say English. Now say the Spanish, turn the city over to Spanish. Does your wife dissapear or does she become Spanish? Just a thought here....
Gunner

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard (read indeed) some guys complaining that their wives were changed! She changed her hair, dress and nationality. But she still loved him!!! Hehehe Smile
WendyBinCT
Powder Monkey

1231 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:
Just for the information, who changed governors? You or them?

First, I captured Curacao from the Dutch, and thought the red-haired daughter was the prettiest one I'd seen... and since the location is convenient, I set about wooing her. Alas, I wasn't speedy enough. As my ship was bound for Curacao, bearing the rescued lass home, I actually saw a Dutch Invasion Force arrive just ahead of me, bombard the city, and capture it! Oh, weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth, especially when I attempted to restore her dear Daddy but wound up with a brand new English Governor instead.

I backtracked to an old saved game, and married her ASAP! Now, if my English Beauty morphs into a Dutch Cutie, at least I had the honeymoon of my dreams... sacking Rio de la Hacha, hehe!

Arrr!
WendyB
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: