Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Any Parrot-heads?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Tavern Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Puck
Powder Monkey

438 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add one more Parrot Head here.
I think I'll go have a"Cheeseburger In Paradise". Laughing
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Rockin' fo' a mile Reply with quote

grsmith320 wrote:
But, I agree with you about Delta Blues. I love that stuff. From Robert Johnson to Junior Kimbrough. Taught myself how to play Delta slide with an Epiphone resonator guitar and a Craftsman 19mm stainless steel socket. Sounds great.
As far as Buffett for Pirates fans it's okay, but some good Rasta Reggae is better.

I wouldn't touch an Epiphone. I play a Guild D-40 Dreadnought, with a Martin thinline onboard pickup, through 175w rms Fender mixer amp, two Yamaha cabs...throw in a slide with a wah wah and make Ellen MacIllwayne cry. I won't bother with the Sinatra thing, 'cept to say which side of the line THAT'S on. But, to say Buffet is more than B-grade commercial means....simply....expand your horizons some eh? Try a Craftsman 9/16ths if you want to go just about anywhere. An Epiphone Dobro? Ahar! Liberty, or die.

Elmore James, Lightenin' Hopkins, Howlin' Wolf, Mississippi John Hurt...ah yeah....ah how how how John Lee Hooker.
Seaman

5156 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Jimmy picking in a bar Reply with quote

Was in a bar one time just north of San Diego. (Actually I was in this bar many times, but I am referring to just this one occurance). It was quiet that night with no scheduled entertainment. A gentleman wandered up on stage, acoustic guitar in hand and began to play Buffett tunes along with some other covers. I commented to the group that I was with that the guy did a great "Buffett". Upon closer examination, it was Buffett. Turns out he knew the owner/manager and just like to play in small venues from time to time. Was great!

Juan
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a fan of Jimmy Buffet for over 40 years! I still listen to him in my car and RV. I saw him live in Santa Barbara in 1981, it was a good concert! I've been to Key West 3 times and really pick up his vibe down there!

OK, put the Necromancer graphic up now!!!!!!
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
I have been a fan of Jimmy Buffet for over 40 years! I still listen to him in my car and RV. I saw him live in Santa Barbara in 1981, it was a good concert! I've been to Key West 3 times and really pick up his vibe down there!

OK, put the Necromancer graphic up now!!!!!!

Nah - I will instead post a pic of my Commodore 64 - as it is older than the thread.

It still works - see Smile and a Pic of my 50" TV to prove it is a recent pic.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: