Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Shop information, please read!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Tavern Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Shop information, please read! Reply with quote

Hi all! Welcome back.

You're looking at the new site. How do you like it so far? I'll hope to have every section of the site updated by the end of today.

Okay, so I didn't get you into this thread just to say hi. It's very important that you read the following thoroughly!

Stuff you will probably have noticed by now:
- there's a ship and some smilies under my avatar
- you don't have an avatar or signature
- you have more gold than before
- there's a shop link in the forum links right under the site menu

So, I have some explaining to do, here goes. Smile
- everyone received extra gold, between 150 and 300, based on previous forum activity (your rank)
- avatars and signatures need to be purchased, this will cost you 100 gold in total
- this means you have at least 50 extra gold to do with as you please
- you can buy items via the shop link at the top

FAIR WARNING! if you buy an item, it decreases in value by 20% when you want to sell it back.. Take your time to go through the shops and see what you want. Forgo the avatar and signature if you want to buy a ship.

Also note that it's a bit easier to make money now.

We've brainstormed about a number of ways to abuse the cash and the shop. There are a few and I'm sure some of you will be clever enough to find them. However, I ask you to apply your Pirate sense of honour, and not abuse. If we find you abusing (and fortunately there are ways for that too) Smile you'll loose everything you've bought and all your money. If you abuse again, you'll get kicked out.

With that out of the way, I wish everyone a lot of fun with this mod. PF, Civ and I tested it out and I think we all fell in love with it, even if it's not going to be action packed and is and always be, no more than a gadget. Smile

Later on, I'll start some threads on shop additions and changes as I'm sure you'll have many suggestions now that it's open. Quite a few of your older suggestions have been implemented already.

Enjoy!
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so we've all been playing around with the shop a lot lately. Most people who've bought stuff are now finding that buying the cheap stuff first is kinda sucky because the items are displayed in the order in which you buy them.

Arrr asked me if I could change the order the stuff and that isn't possible as far as I can figure out. So I'm going to make everyone the following offer: One time, and really, one time only, I'll help anyone who wants to change the order of their items. You'll need to do the following:

- you send me a list with everything you already own through a pm, like this:

Mead = 30 x 3 = 90 G
Rum = 80 x 2 = 160 G
Total = 250 G
20% of 250 = 50 G

- you then wait for my reply while I check your inventory
- I'll add the cash to your account
- after my reply, you sell your items and buy them back in the order you wish

Follow this strictly! Don't deviate, don't buy different items, don't do anything different. It would be cheating and we're all about Pirates Honour here, right? Smile

Again, you can only do this once. After that, you'll have to sell and buy items to be able to get the order you'd like.
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the captain is being way more fair than I would... I would say suffer...LOL. ... I might check into scripts that may be availbale for item sorting cause I already had to sell my dice and buy them back to get it organized the way I wanted it... which means my monkey won't be seen.... hmmm...

@Falconer is there a way to let more inventory be shown on the second line?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it is. Unfortunately it looks disgusting and it also creates a lot of extra space that comes with short replies, causing the pages to become really long with a lot of wasted space.

So, only way to find out is by clicking on items I'm afraid.
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah was looking through short posts and yours of course and can see where the extra waste of space would come into play... just used to these long epic answers lately
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiratesFan wrote:
I might check into scripts that may be availbale for item sorting cause I already had to sell my dice and buy them back to get it organized the way I wanted it... which means my monkey won't be seen.... hmmm...

Did the same thing with my red bandana. Had to sell it so that my beautiful ship could be seen. I re-purchased the bandana, but now it can't be seen - but the ship is better anyway.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: So... cleaned up a little... Reply with quote

After restructuring our roleplaying stuff, I felt in a "spring cleaning" like mood. I've moved all topics from Speculation and Wishes to Pirates! Chat as it proved really difficult to distinguish between the general idea behind the two threads. I can always bring it back if there's a need to.

Of course there will be new boards added when the game comes out, and it's no use having all of us try to be active in 10 boards. Fewer is often better.

Weird thing though. I also moved stuff away from the Pirates! Chat board to the Tavern board because they were off-topic. Found out that I'm the worst of keeping on topic myself. Smile
captainkidd78
Seaman

559 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Pirate shop Reply with quote

The shop was a great idea. Just wanted to thank the site owners for doing such a great job with this site.
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the praise CK, always nice to hear people enjoy what we've created. Smile
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Pirate shop Reply with quote

captainkidd78 wrote:
The shop was a great idea. Just wanted to thank the site owners for doing such a great job with this site.

Have to say Falconer did an excellent job
Very Happy
Jonny Graybeard
Swabbie

3924 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a wonderfull forum.I hope to be a good standing member. I have been involved in others. This has explaned alot. thanks foks.....

Although there is alot of neet stuff. Can we expect to see more? I noticed that on some items there are only a certin amount avalable! Do these items resplinish themselves, or will they just go away? How about a new shop decated to Realestate stuff like Tavern, Small Islands, Forts, Grneral Stores, Merchant Houses and I could sugest others {but minors play to }. Do the general stores have pistoles,or rifles? How does the gold system work? I've noted that the more we write the more gold is accuired.There is a limit to how much we can get in a day?

Please if you can answer there questions????? Send me an e-mail thats ok to Thanks..............................JONNY G
luckybaer66
Swabbie

1282 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best forum that I've ever joined. I think the shop is a neat idea, and everyone here is very civil. For pirates, that is! Razz
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: ahar! Reply with quote

PiratesFan wrote:
Yeah was looking through short posts and yours of course and can see where the extra waste of space would come into play... just used to these long epic answers lately

Short posts? WHERE?!
Javi
Cutthroat

2778 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What should i do in order to keep my 8 items in an only list (I dislike that "more..." mensage)????
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javi wrote:
What should i do in order to keep my 8 items in an only list (I dislike that "more..." mensage)????
Sell off the extra items.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: