Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Shop information, please read!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Tavern Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your [Donate] link shows up just fine. (You can't see it because you can't donate gold to yourself.)

I can't help you with the signature because I've never bothered to buy one.
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a sig feature in profile...look further down the page...then, I forget if this site requires a certain "rank" before that privilege...yes, it's been that long.

people do donate, but they're usually nuts!
Powder Monkey

743 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Maybe there are a few crazies out there...

Perhaps I should try a different browser. I use firefox pretty much. Unless I have to achieve a certain rank, then I will have to wait my turn.

Thanks a lot for the help.
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will have to go into the shop and buy the signature option. It's only a small amount of gold and is attainable after a post or 2. Wink
Powder Monkey

743 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, well, thank you, but I did buy the signature option along with the avatar. I just can't figure out how to use it.

Question Confused
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take a look at the top of the page when you're in the forum, just above the thread title you should find a menu bar with among other the menu option "profile". Click that one, find the correct space showing signature, type the info you want in your signature in that field and make sure to click the "attach signature" option when you post. That should have you set Smile
logansackett
Powder Monkey

743 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Grabs head in both hands pulling hair, running toward mizzen-mast to bang head* Aaaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh!!!!

Okay. I was in the profile screen and took a screen shot of what it is that I am seeing, which does not include a signature screen. After bangin' me head on the mizzen-mast so many times maybe I will discover that I really am on the wrong page. I cleard my cache and deleted my cookies and here is what I got:

So there it be, sirs. Am I really on the wrong page? It wouldn't be the first time a simple solution was right there and I overlooked it.

I guess it's really not that big of a deal as I don't have anything all that interesting to say, just the loss of 50 gold. Wink
Sailor
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems odd

its right under date
Quinton
Powder Monkey

325 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried logging in and out? For seem reason it doesn't work quite the same way if you set your log in to "log in automaticly on each visit." It worked for me when I couldn't see the signature option as well.
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestion Quinton. Wink

If Quinton's suggestion doesn't work for you then let me know and we can ask Falconer to look into it further. Wink

If everybody else has a signature you should have the option as well. Don't worry we'll get it going for you. Wink
Powder Monkey

23 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't post a sig either or use an weblinked avatar. After buying both options, I futzed around with them with no luck. I could get a pirate avatar to show up, but not my web one. Then I went into the vanity store and "removed" the avatar thinking I was just "turning it off". Imagine my surprise when it removed the sig but didn't allow me to turn it back on without re-buying it!
I also have bought the signature option, but there's nowhere to enter a sig on the profile screen.....

I have tried logging in/out and clearing my cache.

Fair Winds to ye,
Cap'n Langod, the Confused Pirate

Edit -- I just went in and re-bought the avatar, but as you can see, I can display the pirate avatar, but my weblinked avatar -- a painting of a frigate -- doesn't display.
logansackett
Powder Monkey

743 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logged out, then logged in and out and in again on both IE 6 and Firefox to the same results. Oh, and what is the difference between the avatar in the profile section and the pirate avatar that has its own link to click?
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

langod wrote:
I just went in and re-bought the avatar, but as you can see, I can display the pirate avatar, but my weblinked avatar -- a painting of a frigate -- doesn't display.

Once you choose the pirate avatar, I'm afraid you're stuck with it - there's no way to go back. It's a bug in the forum software. More info in this thread:

http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3066
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct. Once you take the nul avatar as its called you can't then change to another avatar unless you contact Falconer. He can then reset the avatar and get rid of the pirate.

As far as the signature goes, I'm fresh out of ideas. I would suggest that you both mail Falconer with the problem with details on the problem.

He designed this forum and he will be able to straighten it out for you. Wink
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made some changes, let me know if you can add your sig now loganshackett, should work now.

NulAvatar... well, remind me when I'm not about to go to bed (Read: tired as hell, I'll take care of it soon but if I forget, PM me again) Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: