Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

I cant dance
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Dancing Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

do you dance ?
yes
60%
 60%  [ 61 ]
no
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
yes, but not very good
28%
 28%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 101

stillstoked
Powder Monkey

462 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: I cant dance Reply with quote

OK so iam to fat to fly and I cant dance. but how badly does this effedt my out come? shold I take some lessons, or just give up???
Hunter
Swabbie

139 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do okay at the dancing, considering that I married an attractive spanish daughter my first game and actually managed to not screw up with the beautiful English redhead this latest game, I do okay.

I find it helps to turn off the music when you go dance, and having the items helps of course too.
WaxonWaxov
Cutthroat

2424 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, get the items. (calfskin boots and dancing slippers) they help a lot

also, if you screw up the dance you can always leave town, then laod the "arrival" autosave and try again with her.

I can NOT get 10 out of 10 points for romance unless you marry a beautiful daughter.

Also, once you marry her, when you visit (and dance well) she give you peices of the lost city maps (four cities x 50,000 gold each)

Dancing is a necessary evil.
Hunter
Swabbie

139 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I can't wait for the master expansion and autodance...
Jando
Swabbie

1236 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I'm one of the no-dancers. Wink

I just cannot manage it, not even on the easiest difficulty level - while fencing is no problem at all for me, not even on Swash (granted - I never played an older pirate, he never got older than 35).

It seems to me that dancing requires a quicker reaction time than fencing does - though I once noticed that the fencing difficulty on my PC is largely depending on my video settings instead of the difficulty level anyway. I wonder whether the dancing difficulty depends on graphic card accelerator/CPU speed too.

Therefore the whole game tree depending on dancing is locked for me, i.e. no romance, no lost cities, no criminals to hunt, no gifts, etc.
PUNiSHER
Seaman

374 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to suck at the dancing part as well.

Then I managed to get some sort of easy thing to learn it.
When you start a new game...just concentrate on the dancing part.
When you get to your first dance, get your fingertips on the 1,4 (left hand) and 3,6 (right hand)...this way, you will be able to manouvre through all the steps she would like you to move into.
The button you should push, will lighten up for a short time, so you will have time to react.

She also gives you pointers when she points the way with her hand.
Although this is really difficult in the beginning, it is best to master this, since you will not get any other help when your character advances.
Because when you evolve, I think that the buttons lightening up will be gone though, so you will have to rely on the pointers giving by her hands alone...

it also helps a lot, when you acquire some dancing skill items.
This makes up some of you missteps in dancing, still giving you the big heart from her!

Hope this helped you out a bit!
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Dancing Reply with quote

Dancing and romance are really big parts of this game. You get 10 free items from attractive dauthers by dancing and buying them ruby rings, or you can get stuff from "rather plain" daughter is you dance super well. Getting the puffy and silk shirts, the balanced and perfectly balanced swords are super important in making you a good fencer. Then you have 6 more gifts you can get fom the daughters, like the vests, the Rutters (I like these), the 3-string Fiddle and Concertina (like these too). Otherwise you have to pay market value for these from the Stranger at the Tavern!

Speaking of the Stranger, he has the best job. Think of it this way, he probably pays only 50 gold for the Ruby Rings. They may be Cubic Zirconia red-colored rings that he sells for 500 to 3500 each, and he sells 10 to 30 of them every game we play. He's the biggest bandit in this game. I'd like to get a piece of his action!

Also, if you don't dance you can't get married. That means no romance points at all. Of course if you are only driven by violence and gold then perhaps my suggestions falls on deaf ears.....

Hey, dancing if fun! You get to check out the girls that way. Put some mods in your game and it gets even better!
Have fun!
Salty Wink
WaxonWaxov
Cutthroat

2424 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PUNiSHER wrote:
The button you should push, will lighten up for a short time, so you will have time to react.

I tried using the light-up buttons at first, but I SUCKED as dancing as a result. The lights are just a bit behind.

Frankly, there are only hand signals the girls give...

Step Forward...8... she holds out both hands and nods her chin down
Step Back... 2... She pushes both palms towards you as to push you away
Step Left...4... She points straight to your left.
Step Right...6... She points string to your left.
Turn Left...1...She turns her (on your left) palm up and puts her other hand on her waist.
Turn Right...3... She turns her (on your right) palm up and puts her other hand on her waist.

They're really easy to spot once you get the hang of it.

Also, the dance patterns tend to repeat in groups of four.

You really can get used to it. Also listen to the changes in the music. Every time the music seems to finish a verse, the step is about to change.
ericchri
Powder Monkey

58 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I wouldn't mind dancing much less often cause it eats so much game time, I still always do it due to the rewards. I actually find dancing to be pretty easy (it only gets a little challenging at Swashbuckler without the items), I almost always dance really well and get the cleavage dip. Once you learn the patterns, you've got so many opportunites to make up for the occasional flub that it's not a big deal.

I'll throw this out, cause I've not seen anyone mention it on this board (though I've certainly not read every single post of every single thread): It seems to be much easier to get the "flourish" by doing a double-press of the keys (similar to a double-click of the mouse) when dancing. I know it's supposedly based on timing the key press to the beat of the music, but I always double-press the keys, and I've gotten to the point where I can pile flourishes on top of each other to extremes. I've occasionally gotten a third ring of the little hearts going around the big one which translates to something like 20 flourishes in a row at my best. I don't always get it, but almost always. Once I learned the double-press trick, dancing became a breeze. The only move I'll flub is the first move of a new pattern, and then based on that first move I know what the next 3-7 moves are going to be so I can make up for it by getting flourishes.
VenusPrince
Powder Monkey

125 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like (well, I hated) dancing in the beginning, but when I started to learn, I realized that it's great thing for me...now I think it's nearly the best part of an entire game (and I really do like this music Smile)
Keel Hauler
Powder Monkey

179 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I have been wondering what the little hearts were for. The other day I was dancing well and had a complete outer circle of small hearts around the big one that were sort of flashing when the circle was completed. I assumed that they were an indicator of how well you were doing but still not sure what they actually mean. I also think there is something in the double tap of the buttons. I had thought it was just my imagination but seeing someone else that has noticed it too makes me more of a believer.
Also the boots and slippers do really help.
danzio
Powder Monkey

137 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I have been playing for a couple of weeks and can't dance for sh*t. But my 13 year old son who just broke his right hand and has played a bit left handed, dances like Fred Astair. Oh well, he is of the "video game" generation. Figures.

Dan
WaxonWaxov
Cutthroat

2424 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danzio wrote:
Funny, I have been playing for a couple of weeks and can't dance for sh*t. But my 13 year old son who just broke his right hand and has played a bit left handed, dances like Fred Astair. Oh well, he is of the "video game" generation. Figures.

Dan

That would want to make me want to break his other hand. hee hee just kidding
danzio
Powder Monkey

137 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaxonWaxov wrote:
danzio wrote:

Dan

That would want to make me want to break his other hand. hee hee just kidding

No he's suffering enough. He'll miss a baseball tournament in Tempe this weekend (he pitches) and some music programs he's been working really hard at. But Waxon, I can not even afford a fine rapier yet and you have some kinda' Darth Vader light sabre thing goin' on, not to mention that WENCH Shocked Wow....you're da' man!
Ron
Powder Monkey

553 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am possibly the worst dancer ever. I try and try, but always manage to jack it up. Even when I do well for most of the dance, I do it wrong at the end. I have not successfully completed even one dance. The bad part is, I have the calfskin boots and dancing slippers. I can't even imagine how bad I would be if I didn't get help from the items. I will eventually get it once I practice more.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: