Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

I cant dance
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Dancing Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

do you dance ?
yes
60%
 60%  [ 61 ]
no
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
yes, but not very good
28%
 28%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 101

NiLord
Powder Monkey

38 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can dance ok, I got a few flourish every dance. At my first game, I was a real buffoon, but with practice, I did get a little better.
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Dancing is vital! Reply with quote

I stop in to visit with the Governors, and dance with their daughters, almost all of the time. With the information and items the daughters give you, it's always worth the effort...

I rate dancing only slightly less important than fencing, as a skill you need to have and enjoy!
Eternal
Powder Monkey

320 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first got Pirates not only did the sound not work but the dancing stage just froze up Sad

Now I find it a good past-time but the first 10 times I'm surprised the daughter didn't slap me till I bled and exile me from the Caribbean. Now I can get maybe 6 flourishes in a row at max. Usually I get to kiss the hand and occasionally a embrace.

I'm good with music but I think it's because I haven't tried double-tapping or using the number pad (the first time I tried using number's it was with fencing... I used the wrong set ((I used the ones at the top)) and kinda got owned cause I couldn't fight.).
Swordeater
Seaman

2009 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I used to watch the lightening up buttons but then I realised that it would not teach me ot dance well on the better levels (because there is no light there) so I started watching the girl pretty early. Nowadays I never fail a dance but I can barely get a few special sequences.
What's this "double tapping" anyways? My only tactic to dancing is if I realise I screwed up just before my guy does what I order him to do, I would madly mash the keyboard and I would hit it. No flourish, no screwup.
sk8erkillinu
Swabbie

838 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The items really help Exclamation If you don't have them get them. It takes a little bit of practice to become a good dancer but the benefits are worth it. I don't know how many times i have been tipped off by a daughter about spy's and evil people with information regarding my lost family. Dancing with the beautiful Spanish daughters is the hardest on any skill level. At least thats what i have found. Dutch girls are the easiest and French second hardest with the English as the third hardest. Smile
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The items really help Exclamation If you don't have them get them. It takes a little bit of practice to become a good dancer but the benefits are worth it.

Aye. I don't count on dancing to get anywhere until I have the items I need. Duelling is easy by comparison to dancing without special footwear...at least for me...
Bllasae
Seaman

788 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing the third difficulty and the flashy buttons that tell me what to do next don't flash anymore Sad .
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm playing the third difficulty and the flashy buttons that tell me what to do next don't flash anymore...

First off, welcome to Cutlass Isle, Bllsae! There are a few of us who prefer the hazards of ship-to-ship combat and swordplay to the embarrassment of tripping over one's dancing slippers...

It may seem an odd thing to say, but progressing beyond the flashing keystrokes that help you dance correctly is actually a good thing.

Why, you may ask in surprise?

Well, watching the on-screen numberpad instead of your dancing partner means that you won't learn how to read her motions properly...or learn the rythms that you will eventually enjoy in matching.
Bllasae
Seaman

788 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave the Knave wrote:
Quote:
I'm playing the third difficulty and the flashy buttons that tell me what to do next don't flash anymore...

First off, welcome to Cutlass Isle, Bllsae! There are a few of us who prefer the hazards of ship-to-ship combat and swordplay to the embarrassment of tripping over one's dancing slippers...

Thanks Smile . And I definitely prefer ship to ship combat and swordplay compared to that!
Thanks for the advice though! I'll have to try again and watch her instead of the numberpad thing.
Chiko
Seaman

273 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have no trouble dancing. It was difficult at first but now I can do it even without items.
Anyway, I prefer duelling! Duelling
Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave the Knave wrote:
Aye. I don't count on dancing to get anywhere until I have the items I need. Duelling is easy by comparison to dancing without special footwear...at least for me...

If only this could work. In my last several adventures, I've not seen the Calfskin Boots for the first 10 years.

In my current adventure, I'm a Duke for all 4 Nations, married to the Beautiful Daughter of the Governor of Petite Goave and have located all 4 Lost Cities. I've yet to purchase the Boots or Slippers (not of my own doing, they've not been offered by any of the Stranges in the Tavern), so probably won't, unless I just decide I want to own all of the "Special Items" this time.

Chiko wrote:
Anyway, I prefer duelling!

I've got to agree with that. There are no other aspects of the game I prefer less than the Dancing, but it is what I refer to as a "Necessary Evil", so I've learned how to do it.

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn, and a king.
I've been up and down and over and out, and I know but one thing.
Each time I find myself flat on my face, I pick myself up and get back in the race!!
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asclepius wrote:
In my current adventure, I'm a Duke for all 4 Nations, married to the Beautiful Daughter of the Governor of Petite Goave...

Aye, and it's odd how you are only allowed to visit her when her father is present...as if you can't be alone with your own wife at any time...why is that? Is a chaperone really necessary any more?
cody9090
Powder Monkey

90 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think is one of the easyest mini games lol Smile
cody9090
Powder Monkey

90 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave the Knave wrote:
Asclepius wrote:
In my current adventure, I'm a Duke for all 4 Nations, married to the Beautiful Daughter of the Governor of Petite Goave...

Aye, and it's odd how you are only allowed to visit her when her father is present...as if you can't be alone with your own wife at any time...why is that? Is a chaperone really necessary any more?

ya i dount like that eaither Mad
Bllasae
Seaman

788 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave the Knave wrote:
Asclepius wrote:

Wow, I never actually thought of that before.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: