Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Dancing is easier now
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Dancing is easier now Reply with quote

Since I've installed the patch I have always succeeded in dancing. I used to miss out on about 25 percent of the dances, not any more. Even when I stumble 4 times it still gives me the hand kiss. Looks certain to me that the dancing results have been made easier in the patch. That's OK, it means I don't have to pay big gold to buy those slippers any more.
Salty Cool
WaxonWaxov
Cutthroat

2424 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, but you still need the cleavage shot for the "Big Money! Big Prizes! I Love it!"
CGM3
Gunner

12612 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the Journeyman level, at least, the post-patch "cue light" flashes on the on-screen number pad earlier. This helps me, at least, because when we finish one of the patterns it gives me a good idea what the next one will be. Then I ignore the "cue light" going through the pattern until it reaches its end and I need the next "hint".

FYI, if you want a flourish, don't press the key as soon as the "cue light" comes on. Wait until just before the daughter gives her hand gesture cue -- on the beat of the music -- for the twirl-and-laughter response (and the little heart).
WaxonWaxov
Cutthroat

2424 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, the flourishes seem to be harder now, but then again, I started playing on rouge level at the same time I went on the patch.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have increased the number of mistakes you are allowed to have and still get the hand kiss. Used to be 3 or 4 and now it is more like 4 or 5 stumbles and you still get credit for a dance (and a gift/criminal lead/Raymond or Monty lead/Lost City piece. Fewer failures now.
Salty Rolling Eyes
Tarious
Swabbie

17 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U sure u didn't just recently get any of the dance shows?

Sence i hit rogue i'be learned the patterns of dancing and stuff like this( which i never thought i'd ever learn em).
Striker
Gunner

680 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed that as you progress in levels to Duke, the dancing gets easier instead of harder.
CGM3
Gunner

12612 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaxonWaxov wrote:
I started playing on rouge level

To quote that famous sailin' man, Popeye, "That's all I can stand, I can't stands no more!" -- and I'm sorry, Waxon Waxov, but the fickle finger of fate has selected you as the target of my wrath. I've seen this misspelling wih a distressing consistency on this and other forums, and now I've just GOT to speak up.

Rouge, children, is French for the color red, and by extension is used to describe the traditionally red cosmetic Western woman have habitually applied to their lips for centuries. In the US, we call it lipstick, but it's also known as lip rouge.

A rogue is a rascal, a scoundrel, a thief, a bounder, a character class in Dungeons & Dragons... and a difficulty level in Sid Meier's Pirates!

So it's rogue, rogue, ROGUE, consarn it! Get it right! Use the Preview button and proofread your text!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress, while I go take my medication.
Hayashi
Seaman

519 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CGM3 wrote:
WaxonWaxov wrote:

To quote that famous sailin' man, Popeye, "That's all I can stand, I can't stands no more!" -- and I'm sorry, Waxon Waxov, but the fickle finger of fate has selected you as the target of my wrath. I've seen this misspelling wih a distressing consistency on this and other forums, and now I've just GOT to speak up.

Rouge, children, is French for the color red, and by extension is used to describe the traditionally red cosmetic Western woman have habitually applied to their lips for centuries. In the US, we call it lipstick, but it's also known as lip rouge.

A rogue is a rascal, a scoundrel, a thief, a bounder, a character class in Dungeons & Dragons... and a difficulty level in Sid Meier's Pirates!

So it's rogue, rogue, ROGUE, consarn it! Get it right! Use the Preview button and proofread your text!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress, while I go take my medication.

Lol! Very Happy
coco123
Powder Monkey

647 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CGM3 wrote:
WaxonWaxov wrote:

tut tut tut you mispelt with lol Razz
spetsnaz
Swabbie

969 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if now with the new patch the dance is easy ......

YUPPPPIIIIII
Belegorm
Swabbie

202 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ignore the keypad cues entirely, I just get used to the songs, wait for the sign from the lady, and the beat in the music, double-hit the key, and I usually get a flourish, if I don't, at least I get it correctly.
Maybe it'll be on my headstone...
Azlat
Swabbie

2010 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an interesting theory on flourishes.

I find that if you wait until the last second, when her hand starts to drop, you get a flourish 99% of the time.

I have figured out about all the routines through Rogue, but I found gettin ght eflourishes was tougher, post patch. While the dances are a bit easier, especially as you get rank and the items, the flourishes are harder.

Try this:

When she gives the hand gesture wait until her hand starts to drop, and hit the key. It's as if you snatch her hand at the last second and spin her with all your might.

This has worked time and again for me. If someone else can test it out for me and see if you get the same results I would be greatful.

Break forth cutlasses and pistols men, and remember the hell that forged you!!

YARR!!
Luiz
Cutthroat

2182 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Dancing Reply with quote

I have just started this wonderful game on PC .
Is there a patch for PC as well as xbox ?
Where do I get the patch for PC ? Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kvollmer
Cutthroat

6103 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: PC Reply with quote

Yeah there is a patch for PC. I imagine you can find a link to it somewhere on this page and if not then just do a google search for it. I will admit I havn't installed it cause I've been playing Pirates very little and there where so few glitches in the original game that there just didn't seem to be any encouragement to go find it anyways.

Kirk Vollmer
Don't ever call me Captain Kirk.
Valparaiso University Alumni; Class of 2004
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: