Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

The new Sierra game remakes from Tierra entertainment...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman
Rigger

483 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... the red corvette... intercepting the driver... meeting the lady in the bar... going under cover... It was great.

Are the Williams still making game? I know they sold Sierra a few years ago... then never heard from them any more.

I know... Mr. Williams had played the Pirates!!! since he did come out with some tip on the dance move long long ago...
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

??

oldman
Rigger

483 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

headrock wrote:
??

Before I found this forum... I was looking for hint on how to dance... and came across an exert from one of the PC Game hint site... which Ken Williams was the author of a pirate hint on dance... which was not a whole lot... (now... don't laugh... it very well could be a different Ken than the one Roberta was married to).
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There's already a PQ1VGA edition. In my opinion the original was far better.

Yeah, PQ1 probably can't get better anyway Question
But i'll check it out Wink
Starry
Seaman

194 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

space quest 1 VGA was pretty kickass...it was the first SQ game I ever owned...and only. the others were just too damn ugly by that point, except for the last few, and I didn't have the cash.
oldman
Rigger

483 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starry wrote:
space quest 1 VGA was pretty kickass...it was the first SQ game I ever owned...and only. the others were just too damn ugly by that point, except for the last few, and I didn't have the cash.

Didn't we all... I just began to work then when the first SQ came out... Needless to say... the money was for food and rent rather than leisure... SO... I did what EVERY GAMERS do at that time... Find a best buddy... and CAMPED out at his computer nightly!!! Laughing
Starry
Seaman

194 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I didn't know anyone to do that with!
oldman
Rigger

483 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starry wrote:
Sadly I didn't know anyone to do that with!

Look at the bright side... you can re-live that era now with your own machine... Although only two decades late...

Did I say two decades... wow... I can't believe how time goes so fast...

Seems like yesterday since I was a PONG player (70's)... that would make my game experience almost 3 decades...

Once a gamer always a gamer. Very Happy
Starry
Seaman

194 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't play really old games. It takes too much effort for too little reward.

For example Septerra Core. Works fine in the newest Windows but I have to install Quicktime to use it. I'm certainly not installing the version that came on the CD on XP or XPx64, but I'm on dialup so it's a pain in the arse to get the latest version for the one single reason I have to use it.

So I end up not bothering. If bychance I hook up to a broadband connection and get it anyway, I only end up playing the game for ten or twenty minutes, then I never get back to it.

I have enough new games to play, I don't need that stuff.
Red Rabbit
Cutthroat

321 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love those old adventure games. Have many of them at CD-Roms from the nineties.

Lately when my friend visits me, we've been playing Space Quest 6. And I'm in the middle of Discworld 1 (on this forum is this "fedora" topic where they discuss about the Discworld; maybe I'm going to mention this there..), and Broken Sword 1. Haven't played them through before.

Also the re-makes of Monkey Island 1 & 2 are awesome. The best part is the music is now orchestrated; Reggae music, yeah! There's also a fan-made versions of Space Quest games and unofficial sequels. Haven't yet played them but what I've seen they look great.

One of my favourite old adventure games are the Legend of Kyrandia -series. It's the combination of the best parts of LucasArts and Sierra games.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Rabbit wrote:
I just love those old adventure games. Have many of them at CD-Roms from the nineties.

Lately when my friend visits me, we've been playing Space Quest 6. And I'm in the middle of Discworld 1 (on this forum is this "fedora" topic where they discuss about the Discworld; maybe I'm going to mention this there..), and Broken Sword 1. Haven't played them through before.

Also the re-makes of Monkey Island 1 & 2 are awesome. The best part is the music is now orchestrated; Reggae music, yeah! There's also a fan-made versions of Space Quest games and unofficial sequels. Haven't yet played them but what I've seen they look great.

One of my favourite old adventure games are the Legend of Kyrandia -series. It's the combination of the best parts of LucasArts and Sierra games.

It is unfortunate that Red Rabbit no longer frequents our establishment. We miss his unbridled enthusiasm! Perhaps he has found love?
Red Rabbit
Cutthroat

321 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Arrr!! Still roaming the sea; booty on sight.

*sigh* Well actually, had a new computer and this one has a Windows10, so the DVD-Rom of our most precious game doesn't work.
Looking for options 'cause it would be sweet to play SMP on this new computer. This is way better than the old one and the game would run with the full graphics etc. But there has been moments when I have fired up the old computer just to play couple of rounds (or should I rather say - couple of days Smile ) some of the games that Win10 dislikes. There's a zero chance that Red Rabbit is ready for the (forced) retirement yet. Wink

Also, have to confess that haven't had time to finish the roleplaying post and I'm very sorry for that. It's hard 'cause have so many ideas but just can't ram all of them in the mix because it would end up being a total mess, you know.

And also, still single and doing just fine. The sea is my lady and she's the best adventure that I can think of.
Sailor
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back! We thought we lost you, that you went down with your ship and were in Davy Jones's Locker! Glad you made it...

I am sure someone here will help you get up and running on your new computer. You do not have to use DVD's to load the game, there are downloads out there and your computer should be able to run the game.

As for the Role Playing board, is there any interest out there for me to continue it? I can edit Red Rabbit out or have him come into the Salty Dog Tavern and pass along some information and then take it from there. We can restart the Role Playing Board at any time.

Again, welcome back Red Rabbit, join in the board again! Arr!
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Rabbit wrote:

And also, still single and doing just fine. The sea is my lady and she's the best adventure that I can think of.
Sailor

Arrg - me Matey - me be the same for the past several years...
fleetp
Boatswain

35857 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Rabbit wrote:
^ Arrr!! Still roaming the sea; booty on sight.

*sigh* Well actually, had a new computer and this one has a Windows10, so the DVD-Rom of our most precious game doesn't work.
Looking for options 'cause it would be sweet to play SMP on this new computer. This is way better than the old one and the game would run with the full graphics etc. But there has been moments when I have fired up the old computer just to play couple of rounds (or should I rather say - couple of days Smile ) some of the games that Win10 dislikes. There's a zero chance that Red Rabbit is ready for the (forced) retirement yet. Wink

Sailor

Check out ebay. There are several sellers there that are selling the 2 CD set.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: