Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Why the heck can't I have horse units?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Land Battles Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evasive Maneuvers
Swabbie

1479 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only your Bocaniers were on horses they could run away faster
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68595 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use them to work your way around the enemy and take the town without a fight. If that doesn't appeal, you could still use them. The enemy always go on the offensive, so they would not hide in the woods, and it you keep the cavalry back until your pirates attack, most of the shooting will be over, so your horseboys won't get shot to bits.
Tom Pullings
Gunner

11279 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahoy, Mr. Blue. Good to have you back, mate.

Too bad it isn't possible to capture horses in battle - say after defeating a cavalry - just like you capture cannon at sea. But don't get us started on ways the game might be expanded and improved.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye !@! Me thinks that is in another part of the Forum..
domino35
Powder Monkey

428 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDon wrote:
The best way I've found to handle cavalry units is to have your buccaneers shoot them as many times as possible before they reach you. You do have to remember that they move 3 squares at a time, though. After being hit with a couple of rounds of rifleshot, though, they are more vulnerable.

I generally try to make sure the buccaneers get a couple shots at them (preferably from behind a set of rocks that the horses have to run around to get to them), then have a regiment of pirates ready to attack them. If you can do a flank attack, they're mincemeat.

One thing I noticed about the Indians, too, is that they move 2 squares even when they go through bushes... which I guess makes sense, but I still don't have to like it.

Thedon

usually i choose the biggest patch of forest I can find and then leave a square inbweeten (sorry about my spelling) my line and the enemy line and then when they try to attack with their calvary the calvary gets stuck in the woods and then I attack them calvaries defence is 4 but when the in woods it goes down to 1, calvary defend 4 /3 (forest) Twisted Evil

why is the rum gone? -Jack Sparrow
Cool
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domino35 wrote:
TheDon wrote:
The best way I've found to handle cavalry units is to have your buccaneers shoot them as many times as possible before they reach you. You do have to remember that they move 3 squares at a time, though. After being hit with a couple of rounds of rifleshot, though, they are more vulnerable.

I generally try to make sure the buccaneers get a couple shots at them (preferably from behind a set of rocks that the horses have to run around to get to them), then have a regiment of pirates ready to attack them. If you can do a flank attack, they're mincemeat.

One thing I noticed about the Indians, too, is that they move 2 squares even when they go through bushes... which I guess makes sense, but I still don't have to like it.

Thedon

usually i choose the biggest patch of forest I can find and then leave a square inbweeten (sorry about my spelling) my line and the enemy line and then when they try to attack with their calvary the calvary gets stuck in the woods and then I attack them calvaries defence is 4 but when the in woods it goes down to 1, calvary defend 4 /3 (forest)

That's a pretty solid strategy domino35 Thumbs Up

And while you can't always get that free space of forest between you and the enemy cavalry, you should still seek for the woods, just be sure you're facing them (I find they almost always take the shortest route when attacking your units...)

This way their attack will be reduced from 8 to 2.67, and you will win the fight with any pirate/officer unit Smile
Malus
Swabbie

374 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evasive Maneuvers wrote:

You're a bloody pirate mate.

Where will you keep the horses?
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malus wrote:
Evasive Maneuvers wrote:

First Mate's State Room
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:
Malus wrote:
Evasive Maneuvers wrote:

First Mate's State Room

If I was to Carry Horses on a Pirate ship - the best place would be in the Barrels with the Pickled Onions - mmmmm Yum Yum.
bryce777
Gunner

652 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centaurs are where it's at!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Land Battles All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: