Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Should I dance with everyone?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edgelett
Powder Monkey

267 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Should I dance with everyone? Reply with quote

I've got a few beautiful daughters on the go (just fought the fiance of one too) and I've danced with a couple of plain ones too - I'm not sure though if it's best to dance with them ALL at least once (so you get tips on criminals etc) or to refuse some of the plain ones - they seem pretty upset when you do!
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dance for the rewards.

What will that daughter give you?
Do you want it?

Otherwise . . . no gain.
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

true.... I just wish that there were other, feasible, ways of getting lost inca city maps Razz
Trazom
Powder Monkey

78 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:

I am not capable of turning down an invitation for a ball...would probably even dance with the governor if he asked me to.....(doubt I'd rescue him from Mendoza tho Wink )
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trazom wrote:
rupertlittlebear wrote:

I am not capable of turning down an invitation for a ball...would probably even dance with the governor if he asked me to.....(doubt I'd rescue him from Mendoza tho Wink )

But you'd give him a ruby ring ??? Razz
Trazom
Powder Monkey

78 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristian95 wrote:
Trazom wrote:
rupertlittlebear wrote:

But you'd give him a ruby ring ??? Razz

That certanly depends on how he dances the first time!! Wink
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I'm in a hurry to get somewhere, I dance with them all, even if it's just for the practice. On Swashbuckler level I have found some of the plain daughters tougher to dance with than the beautiful ones. Much of it depends on the music and the speed of some of the dances is incredible. No time to think, just react. If not for the dancing slippers I'd be a fumble-footed fool.

thedon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
roddrip
Powder Monkey

1203 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dance with everyone as soon as I get the ostrich feather hat and dancing slippers.
mark2180
Powder Monkey

26 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: dancing Reply with quote

the more you dance the better you get Very Happy the better you get the better the items are.
so yes dance with all of them. Very Happy
smartidiot
Powder Monkey

80 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Should I dance with everyone? Reply with quote

edgelett wrote:
I've got a few beautiful daughters on the go (just fought the fiance of one too) and I've danced with a couple of plain ones too - I'm not sure though if it's best to dance with them ALL at least once (so you get tips on criminals etc) or to refuse some of the plain ones - they seem pretty upset when you do!

If you dance with all of them you are more likely to get items that will help you improve. Unless you are in a hurry to get somewhere just give the girl a dance.
jbsmith
Cutthroat

835 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye,,,why not?
the more the merrier!
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try and dance with anyone I can early in the game. The main reasons for this are practise (especially if I haven't played for a week or so) and the fact that if you dance well, you get the special items free. Therefore you don't need to hand out your hard won gold to the robber...er..traveller in the corner.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
oldman
Rigger

483 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would dance just about any girls for the first game year to collect items and information. But, by 3rd game year... I only dance with the beautiful ones.

Obviously... it helps to download all those governors' daughter mod to make the whole dance experience more pleasing to the eyes...

Although, I have not find any direct correlation between the images and my hand movement... but, on the emotional front... I am more inclined to dance well when I see a beautiful dance partner. Loving
CGM3
Gunner

12612 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plain and attractive daughters do not seem to indulge in the fancier, more involved steps as often as the beauties, so dancing with them is not only good practice, it helps boost your confidence.

Also, bear in mind that if you follow the "romance subplot" for ANY daughter through to the kidnapped-by-Mendoza-and-subsequently-rescued, she will give you a piece of a Lost City map when you return her to her father, even if you've already married another daughter.
Riddari
Powder Monkey

551 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As with most others above, I suggest dancing with any daughters you meet. It never hurts and in most cases will help. Even after you have all of the items and have tracked down all your family members, the daughters will tell you where you can find a criminal. I have about 20 criminals to track down in my current game. It seems like every town I go to has a criminal hiding, and I do not track them down intentionally. With criminals being worth 1-5K, averaging at least 3K, it is a nice boost to your fortune.

One thing to keep in mind, which I just figured out, is that after you have tracked down your family, there is no reason to offer any daughter a diamond necklace, since the ruby ring will get the same reward. So, you can save a lot of money.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: