Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Who's getting Pirates for Xbox?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Xbox Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Getting Xbox version?
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 7 ]
No
70%
 70%  [ 22 ]
Maybe
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 31

Island Jack
Seaman

4699 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Who's getting Pirates for Xbox? Reply with quote

I just read the homepage blurb about Pirates for Xbox, and was wondering how many of you out there are going to pick it up? Myself, I don't have an Xbox, and probably never will unless the MicroSoft Fairy shows up at my door to give me one for no good reason other than not owning a Mac, but I'm wondering if those of you who have an Xbox are going to get the game? Or maybe, if all the promises being made by the Xbox version would make you consider getting an Xbox just for Pirates?

I'm just going to sit back and hope that Pirates for Xbox comes out damn quick so Firaxis can get back to getting all of us loyal PC fans a proper patch (and maybe we'll get the Great Cyberops' new trainer to boot!).

"Mr. Thirsty! Load guns with balls!"
Westley_Roberts
Iron Guts

10339 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic is Screaming POLL !! !! !

Have an Army Day
ruf
Seaman

899 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XBOX? Never heard of it....
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Westley_Roberts wrote:
This topic is Screaming POLL !! !! !

Done ... oh and I don't own an xbox so that is a no for me
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Westley_Roberts
Iron Guts

10339 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that there is a poll, I'll answer...lol

I will not be purchasing the X-Box version since I do not own, nor do I plan to own an X-Box..

Now, if there is a PS2 version.......I still need to get my Tiger Woods 2005

Have an Army Day
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC version first of all... if there is a PS2 version ... I am all over it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PrinceScamp
Gunner

213 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i have is 2 xp's,, gameboy pocket,colourand advance SP, if they did it for gamecube.. theni go to my friends house and play it there! (2 bad i dont know anyone with a ps2....(or an x-box))
320.9 SCAMP'S STOP
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I barely have time to play Pirates! and Civilization on my PC. I cannot really see myself going for a game console or any games designed for them...
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Island Jack
Seaman

4699 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I attempted to put a poll on this thread, but I couldn't quite figure it out. Typed my thread, typed a poll question, but nothing happened when I clicked on add poll option. Whatevever...

Thanks, PirateFan!

(And, I have to admit, I'd go nuts over a PS2 version of Pirates, mostly because my wife could get her computer fix while I was still getting my Pirates fix. But, I still want to see a patch from Firaxis before they go and spend all their time working on a PS2 version. In my opinion, we won't see one for PS2... Governor Bill Gates would take away all the beautiful daughters from the Firaxis team if they even thought about it...

...I know the thought of Bill Gates with a "beautiful" daughter is kind of far-fetched, but I wonder how some of the Gov's in the game spawned beautiful daughters... Something to be said for recessive genes or adoption, I suppose)

Looks like the consensus so far is Xbox = Evil

"Mr. Thirsty! Load guns with balls!"
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own an xbox or ps2 and have no plans to ever get them. So my answer is no. Like Wolf said I have limited time to even play the PC version...
Cutthroat

4032 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Xbox for me either. Cool
PC is good enough.
Nukenin
Swabbie

1497 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Xbox, and probably will pick up Pirates! for it even though I own Pirates! PC. Maybe not immediately, but at some point--mainly to see if it translates as well to the console as I am expecting it will, and secondarily to be able to play the game on a consistent platform (rather than worrying that maybe my game experience is "different" because I've been twiddling around with the graphic options). Regardless, I hope any "improvements" get rolled back into the PC version. And I'm worried about how dance movements will get mapped to the Xbox controller...

So as of this post, I'm the sole "maybe" in the poll. Smile
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I don't have an X-box, I won't buy the x-box version Smile
Nukenin
Swabbie

1497 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly certain that since I finally bought an Xbox, the Xbox is doomed to fail within a year or two. It happened when I bought a 3DO, it happened when I bought an Atari Jaguar, it happened when I bought a Sega Dreamcast. This means three out of every five console systems I buy are doomed to fail. Smile

That said, Sid Meier's Pirates! seems like an uncanny good fit for the Xbox. I just hope Xbox owners (who do not necessarily already own the PC version of Pirates!) agree and support Firaxis' decision to support their console by buying the game.
Striker
Gunner

680 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing good that came out of XBOX was Halo, and that is now available on PC. The only thing that has made me even think of buying an XBOX is to play Knights of the Old Republic II. Even then, I wouldn't buy Pirates for the XBOX. I think it would loose some of its feel. It wouldn't be the same without the number pad. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Xbox Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: