Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Who's getting Pirates for Xbox?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Xbox Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Getting Xbox version?
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 7 ]
No
70%
 70%  [ 22 ]
Maybe
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 31

Westley_Roberts
Iron Guts

10339 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't seem to want to play any game ported from PC to Console..

I think it's from the fact I used to play the original Sim City on PC. Then when my PC was destroyed by military movers from Korea, I picked up a SNES and got Sim City to get my fix...Well, All I can say, is it felt like they dumbed it down, and added cutesy console powerups for gamers. It ruined the whole game. Now I hear, and have seen old screenies of this Xbox version of pirates and think..Power ups while fighting ship to ship?? Gimme a break. this is supposed to be semi historic, WTH are these floating bouys with Extra Shot, invincibility, and the like...Ugg...XBOX is for gamers, PC is for Players. If I wanna game, I'll either plunk quarters or get out my PS2...

As a side note to my rant, Yes I do own a PS2, initial intent was to find 2 player co-op for me and the Mrs. Then, since I never found anything good, I got the Tiger Woods, thinking we could do that together. And then, it began to collect dust, until I wanted to play solo Tiger, or across the net.

But I digress, If I want a coin-op style of play, I'll get the PS2 versions, If I want serious PLAY time, I'll get the PC version.

Have an Army Day
Dread Pirate Ceranuth
Powder Monkey

147 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be getting it for xbox because the one on my computer is my brothers.
And with all the extra features who could resist? Very Happy Very Happy
Nukenin
Swabbie

1497 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirates! is already pretty dumbed down with regard to ship-to-ship combat. Smile Compare Age of Sail or the like. And running over barrels or drowning sailors to "pick them up" is not very realistic. But Pirates! is not and never was meant to be a simulation.

I imagine the powerups and such are for the multiplayer ship combat, which is purely a fun bonus for the Xbox edition.

Anyway, you already get "powerups" in the PC version in the form of the various special items. You just don't run over 'em in your ship. Smile
Sonicsfan
Cutthroat

1729 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no much choice,i have linux-pc so i can't play pirates at home,so if i want to play the game frequently it will be on x-box.
WaxonWaxov
Cutthroat

2424 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own an xBox, but I don't play it much mostly because I like to play a game and watch TV at the same time and the xBox occupies the TV.

The only two games I played on xBox that I really really enjoyed were Knights of the Old Republic and Indianna Jones.

So the answer to the question is NO.

No because I would rather play on the PC

and No because I've gotten bored with Pirates.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own an Xbox and do not plan on buying one unless Pirates is somehow a lot better on the Xbox. Let's keep an eye out for this. If the Xbox version is really better, some of us may consider buying it. Otherwise, we'll stick to what already works great.
Salty Cool
Nukenin
Swabbie

1497 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I specifically ensured my latest monitor had S-video and RCA audio inputs (as well as RGB analog and DVI) so that I could free up the TV set dedicated to the Xbox.

The only drawback is the S-video input on my monitor is just too crisp and clear; it just doesn't "feel" like I'm playing a console without the TV scanlines and usual TV "jitter"... Smile (Though I can also switch to composite video if I want to get some "fuzziness" in the picture... Smile )
DrBeast
Cutthroat

5316 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Xbox of my own, ergo no Pirates! for Xbox. If I ever got a console that'd be a Playstation. I've enough of Microsoft crap on my PC to invest more money on yet another Microsoft crap. Now if I got a Playstation and a PS version of Pirates! hits the racks I might consider buying it.
Lynch
Powder Monkey

434 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Gamecube, Playstation 2, X-Box and the GBA SP besides my computer and since I got the game on PC I don’t plan to pick up the X-Box version when it’s likely that they shall give us many more updates/downloads or an expansion on the PC to add. I really can’t see Pirates exactly doing as much business on a console as it would do on the PC, it’s too much of an PC franchise overall.

If they didn’t update the PC version I got to admit I’d be pretty much annoyed.
spke03
Powder Monkey

51 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i shall be buying the xbox version

bought it for pc but my shitty computer just wouldn't run it

heard ir was coming out for xbox so i decided i would just buy it then
QBRADQ
Seaman

4756 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, I won't be buying the XBox version. First, I don't own an XBox. Second, I don't play console games (modern console games anyway).

As far as how well Pirates! will translate to a console, I have a statement regarding that. Pirates! for the NES was a really good game. Sure, the land battles were horrid, the ship battles clunky, the sword fighting simplistic, but on the whole it was a very good game. Better than Pirates! Gold anyway.

The main gap seperating consoles and PCs is the input devices. On a PC, you've got a 108-button controler, along with a pointing device. On a console, the best I've seen is a 14-button controler (counting the digital pad), plus two analog sticks which are much harder to use than a more traditional pointing device. This is the main limitation that make most PC-to-Console conversions tank (and, interestingly enough, what facilitates Console-to-PC conversions that do really well). However, when you look at our beloved Pirates!, you'll notice that only ten buttons are used for the actual game play input (including the space bar).

Another point-of-fact is that computers are more versitile than consoles. Typicaly, customization and modability are not console strong points. However, the XBox is the most flexable of all the consoles (as it's basicaly a PC without a standard keyboard), so they might retain these features.

What ever your opinion is, mine is this: PC is better. Heck, even the old consoles run better on your home PC Very Happy

Uhh, XBox is bad.
You shouldn't play XBox.
XBox is bad, m'kay?
QBRADQ
Whizard72
Powder Monkey

104 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Your opinion is your own... Reply with quote

But I have an XBox... I play Project Gotham Racing 2, Full Spectrum Warrior, HALO 2, Ghost Recon 2, and now Pirates! on it.. PC games don't interest me, mainly because I don't have the time or inclination.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sonicsfan
Cutthroat

1729 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P4robably the x-box version will be better playable,because of the bottons and the little joysticks,at first place i'm thinking about dancing,that will be fare more easier then the pc-game.just find playing with joysticks far more enjoyable then playing with keyboard,and that is how a first play the game anyway in 1986
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be aware that the Xbox version has a game killing bug.
You can never add cannons to your ship.
bray
Powder Monkey

191 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who gives a rats ass if you cant add cannons? playing a game in a recliner is a lot more preferable than cramped at a computer desk. been playing the xbox version almost non stop on swashbuckler and the challenge is up there to keep me from getting bored any time soon. had to go to 3 different stores to get this as they were sold out. xbox rules. the controller is as close to perfect as consoles could get Razz Razz Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Xbox Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: