Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Who's getting Pirates for Xbox?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Xbox Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Getting Xbox version?
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 7 ]
No
70%
 70%  [ 22 ]
Maybe
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 31

rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bray wrote:
who gives a rats ass if you cant add cannons? playing a game in a recliner is a lot more preferable than cramped at a computer desk. been playing the xbox version almost non stop on swashbuckler and the challenge is up there to keep me from getting bored any time soon. had to go to 3 different stores to get this as they were sold out. xbox rules. the controller is as close to perfect as consoles could get Razz Razz Razz
Perhaps you should consider playing this game for a while.

Should be about as rewarding.

Best Game on the Internet

(You click on the bold line)
bray
Powder Monkey

191 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im living in denial. first pirates of the caribbean promised to be morrowind on the high seas , then sid meiers pirates promised to be an endless rpg/ stradegy game. after spending the last 4 days with this beast im going back to "legend of the black kat". it blows because i wanted to like this game alot but i have a feeling ill be trading it for san andreas within the next coupla days
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering what the Pirates! could have been, what it should have been . . .

This game has abandoned loyal support.

Playability, expandability, and an eager market mean nothing to Firaxis.
bray
Powder Monkey

191 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after spending one more day with it and reading as much as i can about it....its a keeper! the cannon deal , while controversial , really does add a level of stradegy and enhances the oh crap i better win this battle. would you like to have 16 cannons and all upgrades than lose the ship in battle? hell no cause you might not get another one like that in a long time. im always for challenge ( on everygame i get its always the hardest difficulty ) and believe me pirates on swashbuckler is hard. think of the replay value of random cannon emplacements on every ship and the stradegy used to defeat them. its a winner on x-box. dont let the console haters tell you otherwise
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Xbox Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: