Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Praathoekje Nederlandstalige Piraten en sympathisanten
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Multilingual Crewmates Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonicsfan
Cutthroat

1729 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Praathoekje Nederlandstalige Piraten en sympathisanten Reply with quote

Weet er iemand goede namen voor nederlandse piraten en boten?Diegene die ik tot hiertoe heb tegekomen kunnen me niet echt bekoren.Iedere suggestie is welkom

Last edited by Sonicsfan on Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Gun Pierson
Gunner

5053 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm effe denken, niet direct sorry. Je kan altijd eens zoeken op Google ofzo. Voor schepen kan je ook bestaande namen gewoon vertalen zoals bv 'de blauwe parel'. Of de voornamen van je ex-liefjes of van je vrouw. Wink

Der zullen wel een aantal beroemde piraten of Nederlandse kapiteins te vinden zijn denk ik.

Kristian95 heeft een Nederlandsklinkende kapitein in z'n quote: Piet Heyn.
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry I don't know how to write in dutch, but I can read and understand most of it Smile

And yes, Piet Heyn is a dutch privateer. He captured part of the spanish treasure fleet and brought approximately 4 million gold dublons worth of wealth back to Amsterdam during the 30 years war Smile
Sonicsfan
Cutthroat

1729 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ja,Piet Heyn is me wel bekend maar er moeten er toch nog meer zijn,er waren zoveel nederlandse schepen in die tijd.
Gun Pierson
Gunner

5053 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristian95 wrote:
sorry I don't know how to write in dutch, but I can read and understand most of it Smile

And yes, Piet Heyn is a dutch privateer. He captured part of the spanish treasure fleet and brought approximately 4 million gold dublons worth of wealth back to Amsterdam during the 30 years war Smile

Nice Kristian Wink

I've never heard of that Piet Heyn dude Oops It's good we have a well informed Dane here who can enlighten us. Wink The Dutch are well known for gathering money and keep it in the pocket Razz
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gun Pierson wrote:
Kristian95 wrote:

Nice Kristian Wink

I've never heard of that Piet Heyn dude Oops It's good we have a well informed Dane here who can enlighten us. Wink The Dutch are well known for gathering money and keep it in the pocket Razz

Always happy to help Smile I learned about him from the original Pirates! game, where there is a scenario where your goal is to achieve the same success Piet Heyn did Very Happy

Btw, I think the dutch are more famous for earning their money through trade than piracy Wink
Sonicsfan
Cutthroat

1729 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heb juist iets gelezen,Piet Heyn heeft de zilvervloot veroverd,en terug meegenomen naar nederland.
PUNiSHER
Seaman

374 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about the following (existing) names for dutch ships:

De Halve Maen
De Groene Draeck
Middelburg
De Amsterdam
De Batavia (zelfs te bezichtigen in Lelystad!)
De Zeven Provinciën (in aanbouw, ook in Lelystad!)

Dit is slechts een fractie van wat er momenteel door mijn hoofd vliegt.
Voor een goede lijst van VOC schepen, kijk ff op deze link:

http://www.vocsite.nl/schepen/lijst.html

En over Nederlandse bekende piraten, zou ik je aan kunnen raden ff te kijken op google.

Ik hoop dat je met deze info aardig geholpen bent.
Sonicsfan
Cutthroat

1729 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bedankt voor de informatie.Voor schip gaan ik zeker de naam de vliegende hollander gebruiken
Gun Pierson
Gunner

5053 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonicsfan wrote:
de vliegende hollander

Laughing aka 'the flying dutchman'

@ Punisher: Yep visited the Batavia some years ago, even posted some pics here. It's somewhere in the tavern part of the forum, title ' de Batvia, a dutch east indianman'. Impressive ship I must say.

'De amsterdam' is a well known ship too.
Sonicsfan
Cutthroat

1729 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dit is nu een plaatske voor nederlandstalige of diegene die dat verstaan,hier mag open bloot geconverseerd worden over alles wat je maar wil.Als je over nadenkt we zijn ook aanwezig in sid meier pirates,dus verdienen we ook onze eigen post.
PUNiSHER
Seaman

374 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goed punt daar, Sonicsfan!
Kan ik me ook wel in vinden.

Als je ooit in de gelegenheid bent, moet je echt eens naar de Bataviawerf in Lelystad om de Batavia te bezoeken.
Ook kun je enorm veel info opdoen in het museum.
Ben er zelf ook al geweest, was echt de moeite waard!

@ Gun Pierson I remember that thread you mentioned earlier.
I think I also posted some info about the shipyard in Lelystad, considering the building of De Zeven Provinciën, which has started a couple of years ago.
I did really like the great pictures you added with your post! Good job on that.

I am still working on the model ship...at this moment I am trying to get the rigging just right.
I promise there will be pictures when it is finished though.
But I am not sure where to host the pictures to insert them into this forum...Could you help me out on some info on that please?
Thanx in advance!
Sonicsfan
Cutthroat

1729 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Het is ook wel leuk om te kunnen converseren in je eigen taal,dat maakt het toch gemakkelijker om in detail te treden,een taal brengt toch altijd enige moeilijkheden mee.Wat ik nooit begrepen is alhoewel dat nederland alom aanwezig was in de wereld dat er toch zo weinig nederlands over gans de wereld wordt gesproken.Met andere talen is dat niet het geval,zowel engels,frans en spaans worden veelvuldig over gans de wereld gesproken.
Island Jack
Seaman

4699 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should stay out of here, but I've got to ask a question I'm sure the Danes can answer for me. I'm a Gin fan, love it. Always heard the term "Dutch Courage" in reference to Gin. True that it was invented by the Dutch? It would settle a friendly arguement. Other than that, sorry to bother and get off topic.

"Mr. Thirsty! Load guns with balls!"
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehm if you want the Danes to answer it, then ask Kristian95 or something. Smile

We're the Dutch. We can drive to Denmark in 5 hours or so, but it's not quite the same. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Multilingual Crewmates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: