Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Ar! Yer getting too old when...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Jokes Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the dance, she offers you a 3-channel hearing aid ( to reduce your crew's frustration on long voyages) , a set of perfectly balanced canes, and a Dutch GPS ( so you can find your way home !) .
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:
After the dance, she offers you a 3-channel hearing aid ( to reduce your crew's frustration on long voyages) , a set of perfectly balanced canes, and a Dutch GPS ( so you can find your way home !) .

When she wants a selfie with you after the dance, and you have no idea what that means...
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68403 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you're introduced to the governor's daughter and she says she has heard of you - in history class.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:
When you're introduced to the governor's daughter and she says she has heard of you - in history class.

Laughing That one started me coughing.

Capn' Teague was pretty funny, too.
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68403 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I like the selfie one too.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:
Yeah, I like the selfie one too.

A girl wanting a selfie with you could in time gone be created a few smiles too...
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68403 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are definitely getting too old when you don't fight the annoying captain (who is also getting old) because you both went upstairs to fight and forgot what you went upstairs for.

You don't fight Mendoza because you are too busy reminiscing and gossiping.

Remember when I rescued Maria from you back in '55?

Yes I do. A fine girl.

Her granddaughter invited me to her wedding.

You are also getting too old when you and Monty agree to call off your epic sword fight because neither of you can find his fencing glasses.

Also, when your biggest consideration in choosing a flag ship is whether or not the toilets (located under the poop deck) are handicap accessible.

It is also a bad sign when someone asks your age and you have to stop to count, possibly with the help of your fingers. (Sadly, I speak from experience.)
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68403 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah. When the lady from the historical preservation society won't let the governor hang you for piracy, because the old biddy says that you are part of the national cultural heritage, and should be properly studied by historians and then put in a museum.
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68403 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ask permission to marry the governor's daughter and he says '' No, but my father died six years ago, so perhaps you would care to meet my mother? ''

As an afterthought he adds, '' She still has most of her teeth, you know, and she prefers older men. ''
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye know yer too old when th' only sailing craft ye can find are pleasure ships of the wealthy.
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68403 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you were young and went into a music store, you looked in the oldies section and hadn't heard most of the bands because they were before your time.

Now you go into a music store and you haven't heard of half the bands in the oldies section because they are from after your time.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All very good - but I had to read them several times - as I kept forgetting what I had just read.
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68403 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparticus wrote:
All very good - but I had to read them several times - as I kept forgetting what I had just read.

Smile or maybe Lost
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:

You are also getting too old when you and Monty agree to call off your epic sword fight because neither of you can find his fencing glasses.

Also, when your biggest consideration in choosing a flag ship is whether or not the toilets (located under the poop deck) are handicap accessible.

Best of the day!
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68403 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why thank you, Rusty. I like the fencing glasses one myself (though I say so as shouldn't) because I know exactly what losing your glasses is like. (I lost a pair in the ocean. I'll never find that pair again.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: