Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

POWDER MONKEY FIRST POST: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE ! ! !
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annoying Captain
Powder Monkey

609 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Salty Dog, you asked me if I knew anything about your Governor being kidnapped. Well, yes and no. I have never heard of Governor Marriott but I did hear a Governor was kidnapped about three years ago.

Since I have been in Port de Paix only two years, this happened before I was there and I heard of it a full year after it happened.

Come to think of it, I met another sailor, and I believe he is a Captain. He name is Red Rabbit and I met him in Port de Paix at the Dancing Horse Saloon. He told me he had information of value to the missing Governor. He was sailing off the coast of Africa and I think he was up to no good there.

Said he came across a Spanish Galleon and of course, the Captain of that Ship was from Spain but not the Castillian part of Spain. He was from Aragon. As you know, the King of Spain is a juvinille named Charles II and is commonly called Charles "The Bewtiched". This child is mentally intelectually and emotionally handicapped and did not learn to speak at age of four and walk until the age of eight. His Mother is his Regent and represents him. Since she has no experience she has had several Validos who actually run the Government. These men are corrupt and sell favors all the time. The current Valido is named Fernando de Valenzuela.

This man Valenzuela is despised by true Spaniards and a Champion has emerged to challenge his authority and that of Charles II. The would-be ruler is Charles' illegitimate half-brother, the popular military commander Juan José.

In his journal this Captain documented communications with Juan Jose and mentioned a connection to a group in Southern Germany - a splinter group from the Freemasons who call themselves the Illuminatti. This group is totally against the Hapsburgs and, of course, Charles II is a Hapsburg.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting story Phillipe, but what does that have to do with us here on Cutlass Isle? Confused
Annoying Captain
Powder Monkey

609 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the journal also talks about a man named Mahli Carlisle. He is either a friend of Juan Jose or the Illuminatti. Have you heard of this man Mahli Carlisle? I have not, he means nothing to this old French soldier.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Annoying. I'm not much of a story teller except when I'm about to get in trouble for something but if it's barmaids your looking for then you came in just the right time. We got em now with shorts, miniskirts and just about anything else .
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mahli Carlisle! He is not officially our Governor, although very few of us have much to do with him. He was put in place just before our beloved Governor Marriott was kidnapped!

You did not say what the connection of Mahli Carlisle had with the Spanish Captain. Was he friend or foe? Was he a friend of Juan Jose or of the Illuminatti? Juan Jose want Charles II overthrown so he can assert his own claim to the throne and become King. That could be better than what we have now or it could be worse if he is a ill-willed man.

If Mahli Carlisle is part of the Illuminatti then he is also interested in dethroning Charles II simply because the Illuminatti do not believe in Royalty.

However, just because both of these sides are against Charles II, it does not mean they are equal to us and finding out the truth would be a very different undertaking.

What we do know about Mahli Carlisle is that he was installed as Governor and then right away he levied an expensive docking fee on all ships docking in our harbor. He takes the money and we do not know what he does with it. He could be spending it on himself or he could be passing it on to someone else, perhaps some powerful friend(s).

What we need is someone to tail Mahli Carlisle and find out who he really reports to. Who is sending him messages and is obtaining responses or payments from him?

Will someone volunteer or will our Annoying Captian do this for us in the remaining number of days he has to spend with us on his leave?
Annoying Captain
Powder Monkey

609 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I can go poke around and see what this Carlisle guy is up to. He won 't be looking out for me because he doesn't know me, I'll keep a low profile.

Looks to me like Captain Fleetp is less concerned with amassing wealth at sea and much more interested in getting laid. I don't know much about Captain Pirate but it certainly appears he would make a fine pimp for Captain Fleetp!

I am sorry that Captain Rusty Edge will be gone for a while clearing up the tricky situation with his wife! And Captains Duke Roland and Sparticus do not seem to be interested yet in solving the mystery of your Governor's disappearance. Perhaps when more is known, they may wish to help out. I heard some whisper of another Captain here, goes by the name of Loki. What's up with him?

Let me go see what I can find out......
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the spirit! Check out his home at night and see if he or someone has a rendezvous with someone, especially if they arrive and depart by ship. The man is obviously up to something and we need to find out who it is and what they are doing.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Pirate the pimp it is. Could I interest you in some barmaids or governors daughter? They are 10 bucks an hour. After times up the texture will automatically self destruct leaving you with the same ole same ole girls. Smile
Annoying Captain
Powder Monkey

609 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be talking to Captain Fleetp, I think he is your intended customer. Besides, you should not be talking like that in Salty's Tavern as he has a business upstairs. You are competing with our host here! Lucky would not like you stealing business from her!

Last edited by Annoying Captain on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Annoying Captain
Powder Monkey

609 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty, I have some news for you. I staked out Governor Carlisle's residence last night as you suggested. Around two AM I saw one of Carlisle's Aides leave his mansion with a satchel and head to a Mailrunner that was docked at the main dock. The ship has an English flag and was very discrete looking.

Upon reaching the ship, the Aide was greeted by someone from the ship, apparently, the Captain of the vessel. He had a German accent and took the satchel from the Aide. The Aide apologized, saying the "take" was less this month due to the slow season. I don't know what that means. The Captain said he would let Albert know of this and he said he had to leave immediately to get back to the "Cape". I don't know who Albert is or what the Cape is either.

Does this help you? Confused
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:
Remember my greedy fiancé ? While I was capturing Count Montalban's hideout deep in the jungles along the Bay of Honduras, she was abducted by Colonel Mendoza. My crew was ready to share out the loot, but I put to sea immediately to rescue her.

When we returned, she was suddenly in a hurry to get married. Then she sent me to sea again to find the lost city of the Incas. It was on the shores of the Gulf of Mexico. No wonder they lost it! Serves them right!

Anyway, on the way there I learned that the Governor of Curacao had been replaced!! Where did she go ? Did she run off to meet up with Mendoza again somewhere? Did she take my gold with her? Or sell my land? The other thing that's bothering me is, when I do find her, will she have a baby that looks more like Mendoza than me?

I'm on my way back with my uncle and the Incan Treasure. Maybe my sister knows what happened to my wife. Lost Nervous

Where to begin? Well, before I returned I worried some more about my wife. Since I was in the Bay of Honduras, and My commission was to capture all of the island ports from our enemies, I decided to snatch up Santa Catalina as an excellent base of operations. The new governor's daughter looked enough like my wife to be her sister, so I decided to hedge my bets with this beauty, and find another lost city before beating against the wind to get home. My wife doesn't need to know I gave her doppelganger a diamond necklace, or about the other lost city I found, or my acreage in Santa Catalina.

I had to go to the north coast of Cuba to find it, on the way home through the windward passage the Treasure Fleet fell into my lap just after war with Spain had been re-declared. She didn't need to know about that, either. I put into port to have a beer with the Annoying Captain, but I must have chose the wrong tavern. He wasn't there at the time. Prices were great, so I'm glad I stopped on Hispanola.

Anyway, when I returned to Curacao, my wife was in the governor's office again, and happy to see me, and show me our baby girl. So I paid off the crew and took a 6 month honeymoon. Life is good.

Except for my sister. She says my wife left town for the better part of a year so that nobody would know when the baby was actually born. Furthermore, my wife and I both have blue eyes, but the baby's are brown. Besides, Mendoza is actually Raymondo's real father. Mendoza has a thing for eloping with the beautiful daughters of governors, then telling them to marry some unsuspecting hero with a title and living in luxury while sending the hero off to find more fortunes on the other side of the sea for them to squander. That way the children inherit the lands and title.

Absurd! I say babies have brown eyes because they're born in the tropics. It reduces glare. I say Mendoza is actually Raymondo in a disguise purchased from the Mysterious Stranger. If Mendoza was really her lover she'd know that, and she wouldn't tell me were Raymondo was if she new I might run him through.

My wife Pauline wants to open a brewery and modestly name it after her self- "Saint Pauli Girl". I think it would sell well if we put her picture on it.

What do you think captains? Who is right here? Me, or my jealous sister?
Or should we go into the rum business? I have this idea for Rusty Rum, we would bottle it in empty cast iron mortar shells, with a cork instead of a fuse! As long as the drunks don't drop the bottles on their toes...
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty,
Did I hear you correctly? You now have TWO wives and one of them is Spanish, while the other is Dutch? Then you attacked a Spanish Treasure Fleet and the Dutch declared war with Spain? How are you going to visit wife #2 again? You have really gotten yourself in a major pickle!!!!!

As far as you running a brewery or rum distillery, that takes quite a bit of expertise. Be sure to hire some local experts to help you run these major ventures. I will gladly buy my run and beer from you to satisfy the needs of this small Pirate Haven we have buy you must think regionally.

Now, back to our present problem of finding and liberating Governor Marriott. We hear that Mahli Carlisle is funneling payments from this island to a man named Albert in a place only called The Cape. Who is Albert and where is the Cape? I would assume that at least part of the money is from our exhorbinant payments of port taxes he has start levying here a year and half ago. He is taking the money from us and giving it to Albert. However, we don't know who Albert is - is he an agent or front man for some major leader or is the leader of a smaller group?

And where is the Cape? If the ship comes here once a month, it could be in Florida, Cuba, Hispanola, Puerto Rico or here in the Islands.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly, Salty. My greedy Dutch wife lives in Curacao, where they pay a premium for loot.

My new fiancée is also Dutch. Her father governs Santa Catalina, and is indebted to me for the job, because I removed the Spanish and installed him there. She is helpful for finding lost relatives and cities. I've almost found them all.

I have two major island ports left to capture, Havana, and Cartagena. After that it's probably time to quit risking my neck and retire. Oh, I have to find Jean Lafitte , wherever he is.

The booze business is complicated? Who knew? I thought the plantation business was going to be easy, until the hurricanes hit. When I retire I may have to stick to something simple, safe, and respectable, like smuggling.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty, you say you are married yet have another fiancée. You must get divorced first! The Bishop will not marry you again without either a divorce or perhaps you can make your first marriage annulled. Sounds like you did not really consummate your first marriage so perhaps you can get an annulment. That would free you up to marry the Governor of Santa Catalina's Daughter.

Did you get a chance to see that Mail Runner that was tied up at our port? Ever see it before and who might be sailing on it?
Have you ever heard of this guy Albert? Our current Governor Carlisle seems to be doing his bidding.

How about the Cape? Ever heard of it or know where it is? My guess is it is on the north coast of Cuba but I have no proof.
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annoying Captain wrote:
And Captains Duke Roland and Sparticus do not seem to be interested yet in solving the mystery of your Governor's disappearance. Perhaps when more is known, they may wish to help out. I heard some whisper of another Captain here, goes by the name of Loki. What's up with him?

Captain Loki returned last year after a long hiatus. Last I heard, he was lurking about, keeping a low profile.

Being the governor's son-in-law, I would certainly support an expedition to rescue him if it were based on solid intelligence. But I'm afraid Esmeralda might also be a target. If they held her, it would give them leverage over both me and the governor. I don't think they will mess with her as long as I am here to protect her. But if I were to leave town I fear what might happen to her - and to my property - in my absence.

I'm also worried that they might feed us deceptive intelligence about the governor's whereabouts just to get me and other potential enemies out of town for a while. I'm not going to believe what I hear without confirmation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 68 of 75

Jump to: