Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

POWDER MONKEY FIRST POST: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE ! ! !
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 73, 74, 75  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt Peter Blackthorne
Cutthroat

1827 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes. I just saw this thread. Sorry for not checking in earlier.

I played the original SMP on my Apple IIe, eons ago. If I recall correctly, I tried Pirates Gold, but had problems with it crashing, so never really got into it. But now that I've discovered the most recent update, I can't seem to stop playing. Very Happy

I come by my love of things nautical honestly. My father was a career navy officer, so I've been surrounded by nautica from an early age. A few years ago, I started a novel about a 17th-century privateer by the name of Peter Blackthorne. Alas, the book has been shelved, but the knowledge gained while researching--including two sail training sessions aboard HMS Rose (now HMS Surprise)--has been priceless.

Glad to find all you piratical types here. Thanks for the game tips. I'll see you on the boards.

DTT, Peter Blackthorne's alter ego
Warlock
Swabbie

2844 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: New Powder Monkey: Warlock Reply with quote

Be pleased at ye be me makin' me feels so at home here. Bein' a Pirate makes ye feel unwanted in some places. Good to be with kindly cutthroats, plunderers and the like. Still liked the site name "Cutlass Isle" better. Makes for more of a community like feelin'.

Been a "Sid" fan for awhile and so had to try Pirates after the "CIV" stuff.
Nice change, but I not be feelin' kindly about some mates jumpin' ship over to "Age of Pirates", although whomever did the graphic work on the place did a fine job. I'd love to be able to do things like that. Seems the "Salt Dogs" on this sight, though, can make this game "unrivaled". Really anxious for Cyberops to release his Expansion.

When I gets tired of robbin' I likes to sit down in me quiet place and put some paints to canvas. I'm toying with a description of my work as "Impressionism", but don't know if the term will catch on, but I makes me a livin'.
As for the rest of me, well, I like tourin' the Carribean, exept for the Bahamas and Jamaica. Love St. Lucia. I married a beautiful Guv's daughter 13 years ago and she's still beside me; "God bless her."

I'm at the point now where I'll soon be needin' those " medicinal herbs";
I've seen all there is to see; Heard what everyone's got to say and it ain't that pretty at all........so I'm gonna' get a runnin' start and hurl myself against the wall..."cause I'd rather feel bad than feel nothin' at all!

Best to all you mates. Smooth sailin' on all your voyages!

I says who I am and I am who I says!!!
Gun Pierson
Gunner

5053 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed this topic so forgive me being unmannered. Welcome all! Wink
Juan de San Diego
Seaman

5156 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Me too? Reply with quote

Welcome all!

Am I too "old" to introduce?

Hello my name is Juan de San Diego....you killed my father prepare to die!

Hello my name is Juan...I am a Pirates addict...have been since...well a month ago

Hello my name is Juan de San Diego you are now part of a great group! Looking forward to reading your posts and questions!
Reddbeard
Powder Monkey

277 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Powder monkey Reply with quote

ahoy ye scurvy dogs. I just stepped on deck. Glad ta be sailin the seas with such a lively crew!
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be watching who you're calling scurvy, matey. I've sliced ears off for lesser infractions. But, where's my manners? WELCOME! If you don't see something you want, just ask. Somebody will no doubt know where to find it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Yellowbeard
Seaman

7885 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've sliced ears off for lesser infractions.

...and I've been known to force enemy captains to swallow their own lips.

Welcome aboard... of course now you need to start betrayin'... betrayin' is all about being a Pirate!
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... how often to add my welcome to the board... well I guess as often as I can for all new members Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
j2brown
Powder Monkey

165 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I'll join the crew and say hello.

I've been playing on and off since the old days on some IBM clone. Spent many a day in front of the NES playing their version. Never did do the Gold thing, but was quite excited when I found out about the latest version.

Many thanks to all the folks who have posted so much great info here.

I've only got a notebook to play on so some things are painfully slow (and dancing just flat out sucks), and I'm fairly unskilled anyway. Either way, Pirates! is a blast and I always have fun.

See you on the water, I guess.

jeff
sdg
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Jeff and Lady M! Happy posting, and happy hunting! Welcome to those who I haven't mentioned, as well. I read all the posts, it's just my memory. I have a very GOOD memory only, it's kinda short!
Powder Monkey

302 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new powder monkey? guess that's me.

/wave

Played on C64, Pirates Gold, and now this one.

Currently on my third tour with this game, giving this newfangled War Canoe strategy a try.

Anyway, nice to meet you all!
Westley_Roberts
Iron Guts

10339 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to Welcome all the new Powder monkeys, and add a small caveat:
Post a new topic, put a title on it, something like " Hiya, new here " or something. Then all of us can come over, and welcome you proper with a little

Cha Ching!!!

the above is done to add a little gold to line your chest with, since you would be the author of the topic, and allow you to buy all the pretty baubles you see us with.

So, once you have posted here, so we can keep track of all the new people, go off and post your own Topic so we can get to know you better.

Pub Owner wrote:
Hmm.. HoP Staff ?? Anyway to make a questionairre on here? So's peeps can fill in the blanks, and we can get a better feel for our new powder monkeys??

Have an Army Day
Wren
Powder Monkey

83 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Wren. I like squishing filthy pirates with the might of my spanish armadas. I do english and dutch on weekends.
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Wren. (That's a nice, ENGLISH name...Wren!) Twisted Evil
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to add my welcome to all the new folks. I've been away from HoP for almost a week and things have changed. I've been busy at Hooked Gamers and am preparing to get busy at Hooked on Age of Pirates... Wink New smileys, new Powder Monkeys and Westley has some new flags too! Shocked Very Happy All is looking good as usual...

Welcome all... Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 2 of 75

Jump to: