Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

POWDER MONKEY FIRST POST: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE ! ! !
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
engarde
Seaman

416 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man! I just saw this also.

I am an old Pirates! player from the days of the Commodore 64. Used to put the kids to bed at night and play till dawn when I wasn't deployed.

Served in the USN for 12 years and have always loved the days of sail, and adventure. In fact I run a PBEM game based on an old turn based RPG ruleset called En Garde. The URL is in my profile if you want to check it out. I am currently in a situation where I am stuck at home for the next few months and just got a new computer so am catching up for lost time since my old computer would not really run this game well.

Oh and you CAN run this game on an Intel on board graphics set. Finally figured out how.

Now if you don't mind I believe that is Baron Raymundo on the horizon and I have a date.

Captain Brian Sailor
Wear me silver buckle slippers and me tight shiny pants ...
I want to sing and dance!"

Ray Stevens
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome engarde to HoP. I'm a former Navy squid myself... Only did 4 years but that was enough. Have fun here on the forums. Theres lots of nice people that come here... Arr!
Powder Monkey

42 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...just to say hello everybody Smile
whose ship may I board? Sailor
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome all to the board Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mangojuice
Powder Monkey

137 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just introducing myself. I bought the game about 3 weeks ago, and found out that my laptop didn't have a graphics card that could handle it.

Get this: instead of returning the game, I bought a new desktop! I played Pirates on an Apple II (if I recollect) back in the day. I'm a little disappointed in this one, to be honest, but only in minor ways:

1 -- You'd think there would be a greater variety of side quests. Why are they always one of the same 5 criminals and always hiding in bars? Even just the names changing would be nice, but I personally would like it if they were sometimes sailing about in ships and you had to catch them!

2 -- What is the point of the Jesuit and Indian-related items? They never act any differntly towards me. Okay, actually war canoes shoot canons at me these days, but other than that, there's no change.

3 -- It's so damn SLOW sailing east! Arrr!

But overall I love it. Smile
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) endless supply of the same clan of criminals. You can get dozens of the Chatterlys at the same time.

2) Fluff

3) Try a War Canoe
Lobo
Powder Monkey

1 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Good game! Reply with quote

Hi everybody. This is my "I'm new here" post. I'm new here! I like this site. The shakers and movers are doing a good job with it. I half expected to run into a lot of "kool" gab. Instead, I've found very useful and thoughtful information that has smoothed out a shakey start with this great game, Pirates! Keep up the good work. I can tell it's going to be hard to have something to add. Who'd have thought there was so much to learn about a game?
Sailor
Westley_Roberts
Iron Guts

10339 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel it's time for me to say Welcome once agan to all the new Powder Monkeys who have seen fit to post here upon their timely arrival to Cutlass Isle, home to Hooked on Pirates! Now that you have posted here, remember to post a simliar topic in this forum to get your much derserved Cha Chings ! ! ! Greedy Greedy Greedy

Have an Army Day
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so late to post here, I'm truly embarassed! By all means, welcome aboard to the new pirates! If you have absolutely any questions at all, let them fly! Check out the old archives and look for the hundreds of tips we have posted here, observations we have made on this game since it was released.

if you do not already have an Avatar, you can buy and set one up in the Vanity Shop - hit Shop on the black line above.

Then, you'll be needing a proper sword - hit the Shop button and go to Kendrill's Quality Goods and buy a sword of your choice. Go back to Avatar and to to "Left Hand" - pull down the menu and you will see your new sword. Select it and then save your Avatar again. You are now armed.

After buying the Avatar and sword, every pirate needs a ship, a First mate, some cannons to fire and the ultimately you will be wanting a wife. Hey guys, they are expensive but worth it! That's how life is!

Questions, comments, fire away and welcome aboard!

Salty Smooth Sailing Guns Blazing
millerman67
Powder Monkey

78 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahoy,all. Not that new,but changed ISP and ended up losing my info and started new. Also a player of the original,but on Commodore. Played on Nintendo and Sega Genisis,too.
procouchpotato
Powder Monkey

122 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I just got through downloading a bunch of the mods n' things, so I thought I'd check out the forum.
Powder Monkey

62 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I've had Pirates! since Christmas but just recently have been out downloading mods and checking out the news and happenings in the pirates world. It's good to see that there are many people like myself who enjoy a good sim/strategy game. I hope that this new patch comes soon and allows for more gameplay mods. Althought I do enjoy how random the game is (or was until I got the patch Sad ). Ok back to playing pirates.
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to all the new "Monkeys"
With Pirates! you'll soon all be junkies
You'll play endless hours
Forget to take showers
And your clothes will soon start smelling funky
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SubDivi
Powder Monkey

842 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I obsess over a single game for a while. Just went from TESIII: Morrowind (playing for a few years now) to Pirates! and I seem to enjoy the transition quite well.

The only thing I wish for currently are a few mods to spice things up alittle. Though I suppose I have to down my expectations when it comes to modding games as Morrowind is one of the most highly modded games I know of but.. unfortunatly.. I doesn't have lots o pirates, nor does it have sea battles. >.<; So, here I am.

As for me, im a digital artist of sorts. I try my hand at digital painting, modeling, and sometimes vector and web-design if im bored with everything else.. though im mostly a work in progress.
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SubDivi wrote:
I obsess over a single game for a while. Just went from TESIII: Morrowind (playing for a few years now) to Pirates! and I seem to enjoy the transition quite well.

The only thing I wish for currently are a few mods to spice things up alittle. Though I suppose I have to down my expectations when it comes to modding games as Morrowind is one of the most highly modded games I know of but.. unfortunatly.. I doesn't have lots o pirates, nor does it have sea battles. >.<; So, here I am.

As for me, im a digital artist of sorts. I try my hand at digital painting, modeling, and sometimes vector and web-design if im bored with everything else.. though im mostly a work in progress.

Check out the mods section. They do add some new dimension to the game. We'll be expecting to see some of your digital artistry displayed where appropriate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 3 of 75

Jump to: