Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

POWDER MONKEY FIRST POST: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE ! ! !
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Westley_Roberts
Iron Guts

10339 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: POWDER MONKEY FIRST POST: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE ! ! ! Reply with quote

OK, I've noticed a slew of NEW powder monkeys posting in various locations, and not introducing themselves, nor allowing us to welcome them.
POST HERE \/ \/ \/ NEW POWDER MONKEYS ! ! !
These indivuduals need a forum for introductions, or at the very least a sticky in this one for intro's to be made and welcomes given.....

Just my 2c.

If this makes Sticky, post below your welcome note. If this idea gets it's own forum, then delete this. Thanks Admins...

Again ...
Westley Roberts wrote:
OK, I've noticed a slew of NEW powder monkeys posting in various locations, and not introducing themselves, nor allowing us to welcome them. POST HERE \/ \/ \/ NEW POWDER MONKEYS ! ! !

Have an Army Day
Yellowbeard
Seaman

7885 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm... sorry.... does this mean me? Am I a new powder monkey?

What would you like to know about old Yellowbeard?

I'm an original Pirates player from the C64 and Amiga heydays, and recently started playing the new version about a month ago.
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Yellowbeard! Fancy meetin' YOU here! Reply with quote

Hey there, Yellowbeard! (Staggah! Staggah! Kah-RAWuLL!)

If I've not welcomed you to the forum with my flawless English with perfect punctuation, allow me to here type-out a grammatically correct, run-on sentence which (as with all run-on sentences) seems like it's going to go somewhere, then peters-out altogether. Hi. Oops

You're a good addition to the group. Keep up the good posting! Are you gonna finish that sandwich?
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellowbeard wrote:
Ummm... sorry.... does this mean me? Am I a new powder monkey?

What would you like to know about old Yellowbeard?

I'm an original Pirates player from the C64 and Amiga heydays, and recently started playing the new version about a month ago.

Welcome to the forums Yellowbeard. By the way are you any relation to Orangebeard? Laughing Laughing
Seaman

7885 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaar... thanks for the welcome fellow Pirates!

Quote:
Welcome to the forums Yellowbeard. By the way are you any relation to Orangebeard?

As us Yellowbeards like to say, betrayin's all part of piratin'. If you don't know that you're not even close to being a pirate. You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood Howie, and Orangebeard is no relative of mine or he would've betrayed me long ago!

Quote:
(Staggah! Staggah! Kah-RAWuLL!)

Now was it Staggah Staggah left, KahRAWuLL right or Staggah Staggah right, KahRAWuLL left?

Bugger them! I'll eat his head first. Won't be the first head I've eaten.
Daedalus
Powder Monkey

498 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, Westley I apologize for not posting here originally...I'm still new and overlooked this thread and started my own introduction ( Oops )...so I thought I'd post here to make it official and honor your thread! Smile
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you, Daedalus. Wink
Powder Monkey

498 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airsaw wrote:
Good to see you, Daedalus. Wink

Thank you Airsaw and the same to you, allow me to take this opprutunity to personally thank you for your Beginner's FAQ...I'm no beginner in the world of Pirates but I still found it a source of helpful info and some much needed laughter...you wrote it well and yet with an undeniable sense of levity. Laughing
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually I think new member should make their own thread for introduction, so that we can help them on their way with some cha chings Wink
Alejo
Powder Monkey

10 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone Sorry about my bad manners (one moment I´m a pirate!! I´m not sorry about my manners!! Laughing ) I don´t usually write in forums I prefer read the messages of the older member of the crew You learn more listening than talking

Pirates!! was one of my first pc games I think it´s the game I´ve been playing for more time Now I´m giving it a new chance
Daedalus
Powder Monkey

498 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristian95 wrote:
actually I think new member should make their own thread for introduction, so that we can help them on their way with some cha chings Wink

Perhaps you have a point Kristian95, I'm not sure really because I haven't been around long enough but I agree that the "Cha Ching" is much needed at this point...and thanks to all who have helped with them! Very Happy
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alejo wrote:
Hi everyone Sorry about my bad manners (one moment I´m a pirate!! I´m not sorry about my manners!! Laughing ) I don´t usually write in forums I prefer read the messages of the older member of the crew You learn more listening than talking

Pirates!! was one of my first pc games I think it´s the game I´ve been playing for more time Now I´m giving it a new chance

Welcome aboard mate Smile May your plunder be plentiful!!
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard everyone... if you got questions ask us and we will tell ya.

Made this a sticky cause Westly Roberts did the hard work for us and started a welcome new members thread Razz

Check out Forum FAQ for additional help with our site if your looking for an answer quickly and not enough members on..*** I know like that happens often. ***
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Occams Disposable Razor
Powder Monkey

553 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Ahoy Mates! Reply with quote

Ahoy Mates!

Sorry about not introducing myself earlier.

I ignored this social thread in favor of reading the information/strategy threads, taking the time to sift the golden doubloons of wisdom from the jetsam and flotsam. You’ve accumulated an incredible treasure trove here. My respects to the creators, administrators and posting members.

With your help, I’ve gone from being a frustrated adventurer to a cocky swashbuckler in matter of weeks.

My 13-year-old stepson bought this game 3 weeks ago. Watching him play, I got interested. Watching me play, my 10-year-old son got interested too. Now, we are annoying the heck out of my poor wife with all the pirate talk and walking around with that poor frightened baby chicken desperately clinging to our shoulders. We’ve even begin making a pirating plan. Since we live in land locked Missouri, we’ve decided to get an old VW microbus, paint it up with the Jolly Rodger and start boarding our fellow motorists at stop lights and such. I imagine we can get quite a haul of: cell phones, cheap plastic sunglasses, CD’s, those strange fuzzy little rubber-bandish looking hair things, disposable tissue boxes, unwanted happy meal toys and mountains of glittering change, of course.

Er, then again, maybe not.

Seriously though, it is nice to have conversations that don’t center around cleaning their rooms, mopping up the puddle in the bathroom after showers (I still don’t understand why they can’t seem to get the idea of drying off before they get out of the shower???) or, whose turn it is take out the trash. We’re even passing around a copy of, “Under the Black Flag” that my wife picked up at the library.

As for me, I’m an old gamer from wayyyy back. I remember when D.O.S. was cool. I enjoyed playing civ, colonization, and I seem to have a hazy memory of playing one of Sid’s railroad games as well. This one brings together some interesting elements. I laughed when I realized the dancing part was really just DDR. for fingers. Who said Sid isn’t hip?

I can’t wait for the multiplayer X-box version. I’m looking forward to getting back at them for those Dad-corpse littered Halo-scapes our T.V. tends to display. Cool

- Occams Disposable Razor
mherlee
Powder Monkey

47 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Hellooooooooooo Reply with quote

Harrrrrrr I be new here and new to the seas as well. Cap'n Squid recommended Pirates! to me and I be following in his illustrious footsteps.

Ok so I am totally clueless on what I am doing in the game, but seem to be alive and well anyway lol. So all ye scurvy pirates behave or I'll show you MY rapier!

Lady M
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 1 of 75

Jump to: