Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

POWDER MONKEY FIRST POST: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE ! ! !
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fenirstardust
Powder Monkey

363 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Avast make way Reply with quote

Avast! New Lady Pirate aboard! =D
I like modding things more than games themselve, and boats. Fortunate enough to see bulk carriers everyday so when I saw this game at the thrift i decided to kill some time and it's a very fun game!

fleetp
Boatswain

35857 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw your posts in the other threads here. Welcome to our little corner of the Internet!
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68391 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lady pirate!? Quick, everyone. Mop the floor, dust the furniture, and hide the dirty magazines!

Oh, by magazine I totally meant the place where we keep our gun powder, which we haven't kept clean. I wasn't referring to periodicals of questionable taste in any way. Innocent
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a very fun game! I think it captures the romantic pirate myth very nicely. It's always nice to have someone else come along and see it through fresh eyes.

My nieces and nephew saw me playing and took an interest at one point. They really enjoyed it, I bought them copies of their own, but eventually they stopped playing. The reason: "getting old is no fun!" I guess this might be one of the most educational games ever devised! Razz
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Earth from Mars or somewhere way out there. Enjoy the game Lady Earthling.
fenirstardust
Powder Monkey

363 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks fellas. i think pirate games are gonna be my new thing, now to mod smp and find potc. SMP is pretty relaxing..until u get to rouge or swasbuckler OMFG.
Murrlan
Powder Monkey

28 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always had an interest in pirates. I just started playing this classic again. I remember playing the original for hours back in high school (yea not much of a life back then). Happy to see there's still such an active community for the game.

Smile
fleetp
Boatswain

35857 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murrlan wrote:
I've always had an interest in pirates. I just started playing this classic again. I remember playing the original for hours back in high school (yea not much of a life back then). Happy to see there's still such an active community for the game.

Smile

Welcome to Hooked on Pirates! I'm so old I played the game on the NES (Nintendo Entertainment System). I like the newer version better.
Murrlan
Powder Monkey

28 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
Murrlan wrote:

Smile

Welcome to Hooked on Pirates! I'm so old I played the game on the NES (Nintendo Entertainment System). I like the newer version better.

I played on my old Commodore 64 with an Atari joystick as a controller Very Happy. Those were the days...
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68391 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murrlan wrote:

I played on my old Commodore 64 with an Atari joystick as a controller Very Happy. Those were the days...

Commodore? Quite appropriate when you think about it.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing on the Macintosh - 9 inch black and white screen lunchbox portable machine in 1987.
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68391 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lunchbox? I'd have thought back then it would have been more like a picnic basket. Weren't those the days when there were luggables, not portables?
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they were luggables. I remember Compaq had an early one and we used one for a short time. We had earl Macs - a Mac Plus, SE and SE/30 and they were all lug-able machines with built in 9 inch CRT displays. They used 3.5 inch floppy drives that were 400K on one side, 800K total. I used to have a briefcase with about 200 floppy disks in it.

I ran a bulletin board back in the late 80's called Mac Elite. I paid $1500 for a 20 megabyte Corvus hard drive plugged into a Mac SE/30. I had programmers and developers from all over the country calling in, including Mr. Krak Man. Capn' Crunch called in one time too and that made me proud. We would swap the latest 'wares. Exciting times in the day. I am no longer interested in collecting and trying all the latest software. Those days are long since gone.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, how do you like my new look? It was time for wardrobe and appearance changes to keep life interested.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murrian, welcome aboard! Time to buy a good sword and put it in the left hand of your avatar!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 72 of 75

Jump to: