Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

How to take a Screenshot
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: How to take a Screenshot Reply with quote

bytor wrote:
How Do I Post A Screen Shot In My Message?

This seems to be a very popular question and I will attempt to answer this as simply as I can.

You need 3 things, Pirates The Game, any paint program and a website to host your image. Do not despair if you don't have a host website, keep reading.

First off, you need to have the game where you want the screen shot. Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard (located next to F12)

Once you have done this you need to Hit the ALT and the TAB keys together. This will bring you to your desktop. Open your paint program, which can be MS Paint, Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop, or others. Select Edit or File, depending and click Paste from Clipboard. Save your sceen shot some place you'll remember(I suggest the Desktop).

You can now upload this screen shot to your host website.

If you don't have a host website you can use www.photobucket.com , it's free. Register there and upload your pic. When your done uploading, you'll see 3 options below your picture. Highlight and Copy the one that says Image Tag.

Your almost there....

Now Paste that into your post...VIOLA

Hope this Helps Guys and Gals
Silly me, posted wrong file

Last edited by rupertlittlebear on Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huh ?? what does that have to do with screen shots ??? and why's it hot ??? Wink
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's no longer hot. It melted down, became too sticky, got stuck and cooled down, so now it is just stuck.

Wink
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Vulture
Gunner

606 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf?????????somebody has had too much rum Exclamation

32 brightly polished cannons, a bottle o'rum, ahh..... a pirates life for me!
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulture wrote:

Eh... I meant that I corrected the typo in the title (hot -> how) and stickied the post... Surprised

I haven't had any rum today (I bought some, yes, but I haven't had any yet) Smile
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:
Vulture wrote:

Eh... I meant that I corrected the typo in the title (hot -> how) and stickied the post... Surprised

I haven't had any rum today (I bought some, yes, but I haven't had any yet) Smile
Well, I did really post the wrong file at first.
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:
It's no longer hot. It melted down, became too sticky, got stuck and cooled down, so now it is just stuck.

Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Good one Wolfwood Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:
Wolfwood wrote:
Vulture wrote:

Well, I did really post the wrong file at first.

Very Happy But now we're set, so people easily can figure out how to do all this stuff Very Happy Another prima guide from Rupert!!! Mr. GreenMr. GreenMr. Green
engarde
Seaman

416 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand correctly the print screen key basically copies it to your clipboard do you can then past it into any paint program. Is that about it?

Sailor

Sailin the boundin Main.
Wear me silver buckle slippers and me tight shiny pants ...
I want to sing and dance!"

Ray Stevens
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

engarde wrote:
If I understand correctly the print screen key basically copies it to your clipboard do you can then past it into any paint program. Is that about it?

Sailor

Sailin the boundin Main.
You got it.
Cap. Havoc
Powder Monkey

126 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avast!

Whilst the ClipBoard method is okay, an excellent freeware screen shot programme can be found at: http://fly.to/mwgfx/ Takes up to 100 shots, as well as converting them from .bmp to .jpg format.

Cap. Havoc
QBRADQ
Seaman

4756 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screen Hunter: Has a free version, supports JPEG format (and many others), includes customizable interface and naming conventions.
http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter.htm

(Personal Recomendation)
Ultima Online Screen Shot Utility: Origionaly developed for Ultima Online, this utillity works for any game or application. Supports JPEG format with adjustable compression quality, customizable interface (way more customizable that Screen Hunter, I might add), as well as user-defined naming convention. On top of that, it's freeware all the way.
http://www.hh.iij4u.or.jp/~kmatuoka/uosu/indexe.html

Figured I would post these to even out the field a little. Something is always fishy about a poster that has a link-to-shareware in his first post...
[EDIT]
Never mind that last comment, misread "freeware" for "shareware". However, it's worth pointing out that the ones I linked to do not need seperate DLLs and the like. Either way, just so long as it's free Very Happy

Shareware's bad, M'kay?
QBRADQ
Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QBRADQ wrote:

(Personal Recomendation)
Ultima Online Screen Shot Utility: Origionaly developed for Ultima Online, this utillity works for any game or application. Supports JPEG format with adjustable compression quality, customizable interface (way more customizable that Screen Hunter, I might add), as well as user-defined naming convention. On top of that, it's freeware all the way.

QBRADQ, Great recommendation, I tried it out a little this afternoon, and will use it to get better shots in the future.

Up until now, I've done the old "Print Screen" paste to Paint, save as .jpg, but now, I'll be able to get some really fine shots.

Thanks again, for the info.[/b]
Capt. Cannon
Cutthroat

151 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All rigth all, i'n confused... Is the one that is up there now correct or not Confused

(never mind, i figured it out)

Johnny Ringo- "This fight isn't with you"
Doc Holliday-"I bed to Diffuh."
(Tombstone)

http://www.fishnj.netfirms.com/

Capt. Cannon <((((((<
sk8erkillinu
Swabbie

838 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks little bear Worship now i know that for when i be playing all me games!! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: