Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Whats your longest career?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ1
Cutthroat

11541 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Whats your longest career? Reply with quote

Has anyone played as 80 or 90 years old???

whats the record?

and how do you fence as such old?

do you notice any other differences than the fencing?
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dj- See my post below "Finally Retired my Pirate". Last night I retired my pirate at age 80. Finished with 2 million gold plundered (kept 611,000 as a Rogue Captain), received 83,300 acres of land, captured around 500 ships and finished with a fleet of 8 Ships of the Line. It was fun! At Rogue and below you can play as long as you want, your character is still a viable pirate.
Salty Smile Razz
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ew. Old and decrepit? (shudder) I rarely play a guy till 50. It may be a personal peculiarity (of which I have MORE than a few), but I'm most into the beginning phases of games where you have to struggle to become somebody. Later on, when you're fully matured as a character, the "responsibility" load increases and the whole game changes. I like being the struggling beginner with everything against me. Once I'm riding high, it becomes rote. I've never played a pirate past 47, or so. By then I'm eager to get another one started. Up from the bottom. It's lonely at the top!
Seaman

899 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you beat down a ship (with chain-shot for example) until they run up the white flag, you will never have to fence. A pirate can also become a smuggler when he is old, buying stuff cheap in one city, and selling it in another.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am bringing this old post back because there are new people who have never seen it. I played a pirate until age 80 but that is peanuts compared to what Sparticus did. He played a game for over 3300 YEARS! Seriously, he played for hours each day at work for several years. No one will ever break his record.
I am proud of finishing my game with 8 ships of the line but don't know if I want to do it again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: