Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Game you have spent the most time on??
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ledhed
Cutthroat

3392 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncharted Waters New Horizons ( nes ) And Diablo II LOD . I'm STILL playing Diablo II thanks to the Character / hero editor . I have not played UNWNH for about six months or so mostly because of Pirates and code name Panzers along with GTA , GT4 etc. taking a slice of my gaming time .
WaxonWaxov
Cutthroat

2424 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIV II. I never liked Civ III as much as II. To me Civ III took too damned long and the rescource distribution was BS.

I mean, you have to have iron to make swordsmen, but one game I played had one, that's right ONE iron square on the whole damned map.

That and the fact that the PC I had at the time was not up to the challenge.

But seriously, I played a long game of CIV II just this past weekend. This is a game that came out, what ten years ago? Not THAT'S replay value!

I am looking forward to CIV IV.

I alos spent (wasted) about five months of my life on Star Wars Galaxies last summer. It got to the point to where it felt more like a job than a game.

Last edited by WaxonWaxov on Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Westley_Roberts
Iron Guts

10339 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you sentiments on Star Wars Galaxies. I had a Master Architect that couldn't shoot his way out of a wet paper bag.

To get one house built was on the side of outrageous
Working backwards..
Walls needed
10 structure parts needed per wall
structure parts need steel and ore
to get steel and ore you must dig them out of thr ground with a machine
to get the machine you gotta build that...

UGG...

And the Resources shifting weekly Sucked hard!!! That and the way they all have different values of quality. And the quality determined the final quality...UGG..

Too micro managed....

I Quit!!!

lol

Then you wonder why I went to The Sims Online....

Have an Army Day
WaxonWaxov
Cutthroat

2424 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Sims Online any good?

Is it like SWG with everything happening in real time weather you're on or not?

The only thing that bugged be about the sims was the fact that it took too long to do certain things (bruch teeth, shower, take a dump)
Westley_Roberts
Iron Guts

10339 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could Wax poetic about the hours I enjoied playing TSO, as it's called.

It's kinda like the offline game, where you have a house, and a sim. You have different skills to raise. Like the offine, it takes forever, but can be fun, depending on who's house you go to.

Here, lemme see if I can explain better..

You can travel to anyone's house that is 'open' meaning the owner or roommate is home, and they are allowing guests.
There are various types of houses. Skill, money, romance, shopping...those are the main ones.
Skill - what it means, you raise skills. Most houses specialize based on skill.
>>Creative - play the piano or a guitar.
>>Logic - play chess for the most part
>>Cooking / Mechanical - Read a book
>>Body - Work out, or dance
Money - To make money in the game , to buy new items for your house, you can do tasks, either alone, or with people I'll describe solo first..
Mechanical - Gnome carving
Creative - Painting
Cooking - Make Jams
Those are the main ones..
Group play is mostly one thing....PIZZA!!!
Needs four players, 3 different skills, since 2 spots need cooking
To make a pizza you need to get the dough, sauce, cheese, and a topping. they all need to be the same size. there are 3 sizes, small, medium, and large.
You can make money faster in Pizza than solo, if done right.
Solo pricing is based on appropiate skill. Also, it takes exactly 4 minutes and 30 seconds to finish one.
Pizza can be made around every minute or so. with a good group, you can make more than solo, all day long!!
Romance>> Yes there are people that will cyber, but most just like to make friends and get their friend numbers big..A lot of games and stuff happen in there, but I never really went often..
Shopping>> You can buy anything you need from the build screen when designing your home, but if you don't mind slightly used stuff, you can save money going to these and furninshing your place from these stores..

More to follow, if you're still interested in all the nuances of TSO.. I Miss my friends!! sniff, sniff...Crying or Very sad

Have an Army Day
WaxonWaxov
Cutthroat

2424 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interresting.

My favorite thing to do in the original game was to create my 'main' character and make shure he/she had a small pool.

Then I would create a 'patsy' character that lived across the street whoes house was little more than a 2x2 outhouse with a phone.

Then I would go back in as the main character and wait until the patsy would visit.

I would then get the patsy to marry my main character, thus bringing all their money with them.

Then I would have the patsy go for a swim, then go into build mode and remove the ladder from the pool.

When the patsy would drown, I'd have a single main character with $25,000 extra dollars.

Then I woud do it over again until I had enough money to make a mega house
Cool
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked You could drown people in the game!? I never played, but did not the programmers include any kind of criminal investigation to the whole thing? Surprised
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Westley_Roberts
Iron Guts

10339 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, that's a long walk for small change...

Try CTRL + C, then type in Rosebud in the command line.

After that type in !Exclamation!Exclamation!Exclamation!Exclamation!Exclamation!:!; and it will give you all kinds of money.

The above works for the Original Sims

To make money in Sims 2

CTRL + C and use the code Motherlode for 50k

Happy house building....

Have an Army Day
LT Mor
Powder Monkey

34 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rome : Total war

with the R:TR Mod.
Anton
Powder Monkey

735 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellowbeard wrote:
Another game I spent countless hours on was the old "X-Wing" game by Lucas Arts.

I loved that game. I beat it with using the keyboard only. lol
I think I was like 13. When I finally got a joystick....wow....it was way more fun, you could shoot people down with your lasers!
SlipperyJim
Cutthroat

2045 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big time-wasters for me have included: the Civ series (especially the first one), Master of Magic, Master of Orion, Master of Orion 2, Dominions (a little-known indy game), and numerous text-adventure games.

The worst time-waster, by far, was the Discworld MUD. Man, I put hours and hours into that nonsense before I finally wised up and deleted my characters. Online gaming seems like a good idea at first, but it'll destroy your life if you let it. Fortunately, my MUD experience inoculated me against the MMORPGs like EverQuest, which actually cost money. At least the only thing I wasted on MUDding was time.....

What? Oh, NOW I get it....
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anton wrote:
Yellowbeard wrote:
Another game I spent countless hours on was the old "X-Wing" game by Lucas Arts.

I loved that game. I beat it with using the keyboard only. lol
I think I was like 13. When I finally got a joystick....wow....it was way more fun, you could shoot people down with your lasers!

Oh man so did I! Smile That game was SO good. Later I got Tie Fighter, which was even better, and only a few days ago I got myself the X-Wing and Tie-Fighter Collector Series - windows versions of the first two games, complete with full vocals, GREAT graphics (even when you're not comparing it to the oldies!), windows compatibility, a full revamp of all the cutscenes and gameplay to match "X-Wing Vs. Tie Fighter" standards, the whole range of Expansions made for both games, and the XvT Academy. It is definitely something you would want to get, Anton. I'm serious.

It's threatening to tear me away from Pirates!!! All I need is a good USB joystick (my last one got fried along with my last system Smile).

SlipperyJim wrote:
The worst time-waster, by far, was the Discworld MUD. Man, I put hours and hours into that nonsense before I finally wised up and deleted my characters. Online gaming seems like a good idea at first, but it'll destroy your life if you let it. Fortunately, my MUD experience inoculated me against the MMORPGs like EverQuest, which actually cost money. At least the only thing I wasted on MUDding was time.....

Oh man I actually played on that MUD once, I love the Discworld series - the first Discworld quest on PC was also amazing (I haven't played the other two). I spent a whole lot more time on Rivers of MUD (ROM). I got so bored at the end I did some really nasty stuff and got myself banned for life. Surprisingly enough, I still find myself going back there (to play a new character, of course) once in a while. Goddamn compelling.

SlipperyJim
Cutthroat

2045 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

headrock wrote:
SlipperyJim wrote:

Oh man I actually played on that MUD once, I love the Discworld series - the first Discworld quest on PC was also amazing (I haven't played the other two). I spent a whole lot more time on Rivers of MUD (ROM). I got so bored at the end I did some really nasty stuff and got myself banned for life. Surprisingly enough, I still find myself going back there (to play a new character, of course) once in a while. Goddamn compelling.

Yeah, the books were what got me into the MUD. Very funny books, freakin' hysterical. The MUD is a really good one. HUGE. Highly detailed. All sorts of great opportunities for roleplaying (if you want to do so) or mindless hack-n-slash (for them that likes killin' beasties).

I never tried the Rivers of MUD. Discworld was really my only long-term MUD experience. I tried a few others, but they couldn't compare to the Discworld, so I just kept going back there. Had a warrior character; got bored. Made a priest, had a lot of fun, but that's when I realized how badly I was addicted. I was playing at work, even. Lucky I didn't get fired.

I don't mean to sound like an AA meeting (Hi, my name is Jim, and I'm a MUD addict.), but it was really bad for me. I'm just an obsessive person. Someone who's a little less ... intense ... about such things would not have any problem, I'm sure. Smile

Anyhow, it's a fun MUD. They even have their own Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discworld_MUD

What? Oh, NOW I get it....
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlipperyJim wrote:

Yeah, the books were what got me into the MUD. Very funny books, freakin' hysterical. The MUD is a really good one. HUGE. Highly detailed. All sorts of great opportunities for roleplaying (if you want to do so) or mindless hack-n-slash (for them that likes killin' beasties).

Yeah, I played a rincewind-like character there, a mage called "Ringwood", heh heh. It didn't capture me for long though, and I kept dying alot and didn't understand the layout of the place anyway.

SlipperyJim wrote:
I never tried the Rivers of MUD. Discworld was really my only long-term MUD experience. I tried a few others, but they couldn't compare to the Discworld, so I just kept going back there. Had a warrior character; got bored. Made a priest, had a lot of fun, but that's when I realized how badly I was addicted. I was playing at work, even. Lucky I didn't get fired.

ROM is very good in both size and roleplaying, and they're usually very helpful and friendly there, too. It's also pretty straightforward, and at the same time just complex enough... I was addicted myself, though I was in middle-school at the time. Ran up a huge phonebill for the internet time, too. My mom still mentions it from time to time, I think she expects me to pay her back or something (it was a really huge phonebill).

Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, have any of you played a game called elastomania? I've played it for almost a year now, it's really addictive Sad Wink . You drive a motorcycle trhough 2D maps to get all the apples and get to a flower Smile .

Other than that, i've spent a lot of time on age of empires 1 and 2, great game! i prefer the first one though, for the pure nostalgia and simple play. Caesar 3 is also a very good strategy game, as it gives an insight in the life of a roman governor.

Of action games i prefer Doom 1 and Unreal Tournament, for the no-brain crazy shooting you're allowed to do Very Happy

Of older games, i have always loved the gameplay of the police quest, space quest and kings quest series. And when it comes to driving games, nothing beats the old Stunts/4D racing game. The first 3D game ( 1990 )and still the best! Smile
l
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: