Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Game you have spent the most time on??
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guru wrote:
Caesar 3 is also a very good strategy game, as it gives an insight in the life of a roman governor.

Have you tried playing Pharaoh or Emperor?

rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

headrock wrote:
Guru wrote:
Caesar 3 is also a very good strategy game, as it gives an insight in the life of a roman governor.

You play Emperor, Rise of the Middle Kingdom??

I know somebody who has been working on a scenario for that one.
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
headrock wrote:
Guru wrote:

I have Pharao too, but i find Caesar 3 more entertaining, booth because the romans imo is way cooler Smile , and because you easily become mad with the "farming" system in pharao, each year the nile destroys every field and farm you got, and you have to re-construct it... Mad

As for Emperor, i'm one of the few who likes single player games and campaigns better, although i agree with those who will make pirates a multiplayer game, it would be cool to have different players sail around in the same world Sailor Wink
Gene Yuss
Powder Monkey

123 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tie between Starcraft and Warcraft 3. Damn you Blizzard! Daaaaamn yoooou!!!!
Vulture
Gunner

606 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene Yuss wrote:
Damn you Blizzard! Daaaaamn yoooou!!!!

ROTFLMAO Smile I too am several hundred dollars poorer thanks to Blizzard!

32 brightly polished cannons, a bottle o'rum, ahh..... a pirates life for me!
Westley_Roberts
Iron Guts

10339 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guru wrote:
Quote:
headrock wrote:
Guru wrote:

I have Pharao too, but i find Caesar 3 more entertaining, booth because the romans imo is way cooler Smile , and because you easily become mad with the "farming" system in pharao, each year the nile destroys every field and farm you got, and you have to re-construct it... Mad

As for Emperor, i'm one of the few who likes single player games and campaigns better, although i agree with those who will make pirates a multiplayer game, it would be cool to have different players sail around in the same world Sailor Wink

In Pharaoh, the Farms do not get destroyed, just flooded. Once the water recedes, you can go right back to farming. Watch for the notes about 'A particularly good flood, crops will be plentiful" or something like that. I enjoyed all those games, the hardest part of them is getting a good City Block built. All those random walkers needing direction. I finally had to build a central section to place all the support buildings and put housing one block deep all around it. thusly making all they needed right there, and limited the walking to one street. Problems crop up when they reach a corner. The game thinks a corner is an intersection and rolls the randomizer, making it possible for the walker to turn right around and never go down the other street...UGGG.....

Have an Army Day
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Guru wrote:
Quote:
headrock wrote:
Guru wrote:

I have Pharao too, but i find Caesar 3 more entertaining, booth because the romans imo is way cooler , and because you easily become mad with the "farming" system in pharao, each year the nile destroys every field and farm you got, and you have to re-construct it...

As for Emperor, i'm one of the few who likes single player games and campaigns better, although i agree with those who will make pirates a multiplayer game, it would be cool to have different players sail around in the same world

In Pharaoh, the Farms do not get destroyed, just flooded. Once the water recedes, you can go right back to farming. Watch for the notes about 'A particularly good flood, crops will be plentiful" or something like that. I enjoyed all those games, the hardest part of them is getting a good City Block built. All those random walkers needing direction. I finally had to build a central section to place all the support buildings and put housing one block deep all around it. thusly making all they needed right there, and limited the walking to one street. Problems crop up when they reach a corner. The game thinks a corner is an intersection and rolls the randomizer, making it possible for the walker to turn right around and never go down the other street...UGGG.....

Yeah, i forgot about the flood each year, but i still find the farming system in Caesar 3 much simpler. Btw, i agree about the bad street walker system in Caesar 3, but it's easy to manipulate; to complete the game on hardest difficulty is no problem Smile
Westley_Roberts
Iron Guts

10339 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the same Vein, Zeus was fun to play with having the Gods come and battle the evil in the city. Gave the scenarios a little better storyline than just build a bigger and better city.

I miss playing those..I may havta dig them up again...lol

Or, I could just play the agonizing slow "Children of the Nile" game I got for xmas...

It's a nice game and all, but slow as all get out to build stuff...

Have you checked that one out, Guru??

Have an Army Day
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, i had never heard about it until know, so i checked it out on the net, and it seems pretty slow as you mentioned Smile

Besides that, i really need to have some element of action, war or other variety from the monotone act of city-building to keep the interest.
But the graphics seems nice, and it sure must be satisfying to see the final glory of a great city you have built yourself Wink
Westley_Roberts
Iron Guts

10339 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, "Children of the Nile" has a nice 3d engine, that allows for a slew of angles to watch the action. I've played it and zoomed in so close I could see the tiles in front of a Temple. A very nice looking mosaic, I might add.

Also, looking at a pyramid after completion, is breathtaking.

I played thru the Tutorial, and then tried one or two times to build a city up. It was entertaining, but frustratingly SLOOOOOOOOOWWWW..

I don't know if speeding up the game would help, I think it was the 'building' that was so slow, the other aspects weren't too terribly slow.

Overall a good game, if you can stand the pace.

OH, one thing that was difficult to do was get some of the buildings populated. I knew there was more that made me leave the game...

Have an Army Day
bray
Powder Monkey

191 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

had back surgery last year and was stuck in a recliner for 6 months. i lived in morrowind for that amount of time , playing at least 18 hours a day 7 days a week and listening to an amazing amount of rush bootlegs
black_beard
Walking the plank

580 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probaably piates but fable as well i know fable is only a short game but if you make different ways of playing it theres so many more hours in it.

also age of empires 1,2
its got a compelling material to it that makes you just keep going back.

and last but not least baldurs gate dark alliance 1,2
same feelings as aoe really

but hey there just my opinions
as i always say opinions are like a$$holes everyones got one. Smile
Lahdoz
Powder Monkey

308 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have definitely spent the most time so far on Civ III. I've played plenty of other games, but my butt grew roots into my chair playing Civ III.
Rook
Seaman

517 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since no specification was made of what kinda games I'll throw in my two bits. Honest as a soul on a the plank, I spent almost 4 years solid playing just Everquest. Not much else to do really since I was still active military at the time, so it was a great way to burn time and save cash since I was content staying home most of the week after work. So EQ is by far my largest time sink simply because it was my first online game. Afterwards came 9 months or so straight on mechwarrior 4 mercinaries, but that was only because we were deployed and there isnt a whole lot to do when your "off shift" in the middle of the friggin Gulf. I was just one of the really lucky ones who had room enough to shoe horn my computer on board and in my space. I'm pretty sure only Navy folk, US or otherwise, will know what I mean when I say space is precious on ship. Over the last year I've been boucing between Pirates of course and daily doses of World of Warcraft and/or City of Heros/City Of Villains Beta. I still need to feed my online game addiction, but its starting to lose its novelty for me since nothing terribly 'new' has hit the scene. It all feels the same no matter what genre or game title you play as far as MMORPGs go. Not to say I still won't clock in hundreds of hours playing MMORPGs, but I am looking for something new to feed my fix..hmmm... Tabula Raso can't come out fast enough Very Happy

Rook
Managing Editor/Writer
www.hookedgamers.com
Talin
Powder Monkey

351 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Question this is actually a pretty hard one for me, as I seem to go through periods here and there where I'll be completely and totally immersed in a certain game, play it for moooonths, then sort of move on to another very large and veryveryvery cool and immersive game...then, a few months later, return to the previous game again.
I thiiiiink it's a toss-up between...let's see, to list them off. Morrowind would DEFINITELY probably be the highest one, as I can never, ever, ever forsee /any/ time when I would get tired of that game, especially with the constant mods and expansions (both user mod-expansions and CD expansions). The Sims 1 simply because that's been out forever, and was what I played for far too much time...the Sims 2, too, but that hasn't been out as long so that's a bit lower I think.
Vampire - Bloodlines! Excellent game with /looooots/ of replayable value. A very long time ago I was hooked on Lords of Magic: Special Edition.
For Playstation: ANY of the Final Fantasy games! Tons of time on those. Also, pretty much any Zelda game there is - but I think the one by far is the good old-fashioned OLD SCHOOL one...ZELDA for the NES! Wink
Now that I've had Pirates! though, I've been spending basically ALL of my free time (and MUCH of my time when I should be doing other things) playing that, so...I guess to narrow it down, final list:
1. Morrowind/Pirates! (will obviously be only Pirates! after another few months of this constant playing)
2. Final Fantasy (ANY number, except not too big of a fan of X-2)
3. The Sims
4. Zelda (again ANY title)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: