Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

About our complains for this game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Suggestions Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kensai
Seaman

1450 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: About our complains for this game. Reply with quote

I think that is a good idea to end of whinning, and write an open letter from the fans of the game, to Firaxis, telling why we love this game, but at the same time, as consumers, that most of us fell cheated in many ways, by a wonderfull product that could be one of the best games of all times, and something was missed.

I think that with time, we can elaborate a good letter, signed by all the members of this comunity, and send to them. If they listen to us, very good, if not...mmmh, well, worst for them, I think.
Consumers decide when to thrust in a product and a company, and I listen every time complains (most of them with logic and common sense) about to this game, myself did it, and if I propose this, is to put an end to a long, very long discussion about the problems with our game.
May be we can have some contact with other communities of Pirates fans, and made the job easier for all of us. Thumbs Up

More suggestions, please.
fossaman
Gunner

3515 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is an excellent idea! I can't think of anything I personally think was done wrong, just done poorly, but I would add my signature to such a petition. This game could have been truly great if done properly.

Like my fossa? He's a pirate! Razz
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fossaman wrote:
I think this is an excellent idea! I can't think of anything I personally think was done wrong, just done poorly, but I would add my signature to such a petition. This game could have been truly great if done properly.

I agree with you fossaman. The game is good but could have been great. If a petition goes around you count me in on the signing of it... Maybe it would make firaxis open their eyes and see the light about the potential a game of the year type of pirates game could do...
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howie wrote:
fossaman wrote:

I agree with you fossaman. The game is good but could have been great. If a petition goes around you count me in on the signing of it... Maybe it would make firaxis open their eyes and see the light about the potential a game of the year type of pirates game could do...
A complete, and I do mean complete re-write of Pirates! to fix the basic design problems would not make Pirates! a potential Game of the Year.

Nothing as puny as a simple GOTY.

Pirates! has true potential. They missed by so far. They missed by such small decisions.

The fix will take months of work to correct those simple design flaws.

GOTY! Feeling Sick We are talking about the fact that they could have had a game that GOTY contenders would be measured against for years.

What they have now is "Bargin Bin" material.
Vulture
Gunner

606 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:
Howie wrote:
fossaman wrote:

A complete, and I do mean complete re-write of Pirates! to fix the basic design problems would not make Pirates! a potential Game of the Year.

Pirates! has true potential. They missed by so far. They missed by such small decisions.

GOTY! Feeling Sick We are talking about the fact that they could have had a game that GOTY contenders would be measured against for years.

I can Agree with you Rupert on this issue, but "bargain bin" is a weeee bit harsh Feeling Sick me thinks!!

32 brightly polished cannons, a bottle o'rum, ahh..... a pirates life for me!
Kensai
Seaman

1450 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:
Howie wrote:
fossaman wrote:

Excuse me, Ruppert, my English isn´t so good, I don´t understand some of your words, as GOTY.
Kensai
Seaman

1450 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I have to say something.
We have enough material and critics in this forum about the game, and so we need someone that write the letter, my native language isn´t English, so I will propose a poll for who is the best man here to join all the stuff we have, and write it.
We need a resume of all our complaints, to send them once for all, one time.

Nominations, please.

We need action.

Ah, OBIOUSLY, we need the feedback from the administrators, please, and they help to communicate ourselves with the other communities.

Thanks for the feedback, for all of you.
And Ruperto pequeño oso, I´m surprised that you are talking a little more than ever. Thanks. Sometimes your post looks like telegraphs. Smile

So, as the marines say, go go go!
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rupert might not be far off the mark with his bargin bin comment. Saddly thats what might happen to the game if they don't come up with a massive patch... The game will reach the bargin bin way before it should have... Crying or Very sad
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOTY means Game Of The Year.... Some magazines, web sites have awards they give to games that are above and beyond a run of the mill game....
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howie wrote:
Rupert might not be far off the mark with his bargin bin comment. Saddly thats what might happen to the game if they don't come up with a massive patch... The game will reach the bargin bin way before it should have... Crying or Very sad
I saw the patch. I saw two patches.

Looked like the wreckage of the Titanic.
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rupert those patches if thats what you want to call them were sad efforts at best. They were so bad in my opinion that I didn't even bother installing them. I heard that they did more damage then good. So I wasn't going to ruin my install of the game...
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying those patches were like wreckage of the Titanic are actually kind words in my opinion. You could use way harsher words and I'm sure not many people would disagree.... Crying or Very sad
Swabbie

474 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's doubtful that Firaxis would go back and remake the game from the ground up. Nobody has ever done that. At least, not with such a recent release.
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there-in lies the rub.

Bad decisions in early development, followed up with non-existent customer service has yielded another Bargin-Bin Special at Wal*Mart.

They blocked all avenues of expansion. All true customization. All parameter editing. The only result -> there Shall Be No Sequils.
Kensai
Seaman

1450 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So then, guys, end of discussion and no letter for Firaxis?

I maded a specific proposal, and see too many complains, if the most are not interested, that´s o.k, end of story.

I will made a poll, to decide. Exploding
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: