Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

The Adventures of the Pirate, di Rossi; the first voyage
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The adventures of the Pirate di Rossi

It was morning. I yawned and looked out the second story window of the room I rented in the Salty Dog tavern. It was nearly midday, as people wandered the streets below me. Wondering what things were going on, I walked down stairs and into an almost empty bar. A strange pirate, one of the two I saw yesterday was chatting to a strange dark man. I overheard the word Syria and suspected that he was from the middle east. I wandered up to the Tavern Wrench and asked her what time Amanda wouyld be coming in tonight. She replied that she would not be, so I asked her to tell me if anyone needs someone to help them with a job. She replied that there was someone in here earlier asking a similar question. Sighing, I went out of town, and towards Kendralls Quality Goods. Entering the store, I asked the old Pirate if he needed some help with anything, or perhaps an assistance, to which he replied "No, now buy somthing or get out, you pretty boy!" I wandered around the store, seeing nothing that I could afford, so I wandered back to the tavern. Those two men were still chatting away, as I sat down and bought a drink. As I was enjoying this dirnk, a strange and shady man sat down next to me...

Status of Ships;
Sloop Syzer sunk, all hands presumed dead
Frigate Sezcka, 28 guns, 260 men
Sloop of War Aozora, 12 guns, 120 men
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the adventures of the Pirate di Rossi
a continuation from my previous remarks
The strange man just stared at me... it was rather unnerving, a strange glare in his eye reminded me of someone I had met, yes that same shady character that told me to come here in the first place... but unlike the man in Port Royal, he had a Black Bandana on, not a red on...

I got the conversation going, and asked him who the heck he was...
"Who I am is not important, but who you are is. Are you the new boy, di Rossi who has been flurting with Mr Harvards Sister?'
"Well, I am di Rossi, the great Pirate Wannabe, but I am not sure about the flurting part'
'Well, anyway, I heard from Kendrall that you were looking for some work. I have a hot tip for you..."

Status of Ships;

Last edited by Chuko on Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the adventures of the Pirate di Rossi

The old man smiled gleefully as he told me of what was to do. A strange treasure was hidden somwhere on the island... what it was, he told me naught. I looked down at my feet and asked him of any clues to the location of the treasure. He replied that only two men knew of where it was, the Governor, and a strange man named Syrian. That name stuck with me... where had I heard it. Suddenly, the two men in the corner got up and left in a hurry. then it struck me, that guy I though was from the middle east... syria... it all made sence now! standing up suddenly, I ran to the door, leaving a few gold pieces on the table for the strange old man, who had, on second thoughs, a very sly and manipulative smile onm his face. I ignored it for now, but by the time I reached the street, the Syrian had dissapered. However, I could see the man who he was talking to heading up towards the General Store. Seeing as that stealth is my speciality (hence the green bandana) I avoided being seen. The strange man left with a red bandanna on his head, and wandered toward the shipwright. Then it dawned apon me... if that Syrian knew where the treasure was, perhaps he was going to show the Red Bandanna pirate where it was... and if I joined his crew, just temporarily, I might be able to get a share of that plunder. As he was was approching the Shipwright, I aproched the Red Bandanna Pirate to engage him in converstion

Status of Ships;
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the advantures of the Pirate, di Rossi

However, somthing distracted me before I had the chance to say anything. I saw an old man standing there, looking in my direction, holding an envelope, making guestures that he wanted to speak to me. I wandered up to him, and asked him what his business was,
"Why, I am here to deliver this message from Lady Amanda Harvard"
I opened up the envelope, and read the message inside.

To my dearset, the pirate, di Rossi,
I am sorry that it had to come to this, but my brother does not want me to see you again. I am being taken to San Juan to be raised as a Nun, so I will never see you again. Here is some money in compensation. I am dissapointed that I never learned your first name. Farewell, for will never see you again,
Amanda

I sighed, and looked out to sea, where a merchantman, flying the Harvard Family Crest was leaving the harbour. I sighed at this all to conveniant means of getting more cash, but in doing so, lost sight of the red bandannaed one. He was heading for the shipwright if I remember correctly, so I ran in that direction, entering the yard, where the shipwright sat in his old cane chair, smoking a pipe happily. When he saw me, he rose, and asked,
'so ya wanna buy a ship, do ye?'
'Not exactly, I'm looking for...'
'Well, you should not come here if you aint buying a ship! SO what willya have?'
Thinking a moment, I really did need a ship... I looked through the glossy catalouge that he had prepared, and compared the ships prices to that of my bank account. There were only two that I could really afford, a Pinnance, which I was not interested in purchacing, and a sloop, which looked fairly good, and at a good price too, ony 480 gold!
'I'll take the sloop, thanks,'
'And what will ye be callin' it?'
I thought for a moment, and then replied,
'I read a book once, and a character that was in it stuck with me. I think I will name it after her, I name this ship the Syzer, the fallen angel'
'Syzer it is! just hang on a second,' the shipwright said, walking into his shed, returning with a recept, 'your ship will be ready tomorrow, just show us this recept an you can claim your ship. But you will not be able to catch the Harvard Ship, built that one myself, you don't even have a crew, or even cannons! Not even a sword! Ha ha ha ha ha'
And I just left him there, laughing at my misfortune. But in a way he was right. I had to earn enough money to hire a crew, arm my ship, and buy a sword. Then somthing came over me, since I had a green bandanna, I would call my group, the Green Dragons... I wandered up the street, the humiliation of the past long forgotten, basking in my self glory...

Arriving at the store, I looked in my gold pouch, seeing it brimming with coins.
"Ah, it's you again, this aint a place for window shoppin' so leave'
I smiled, and said to him, 'the Maester of the Green Dragons is here to purchase somthing! Now, where are your swords!'
"Over there (green dragons? never heard of them!)'
I sorted through the cutlasses, eventually finding onew I liked, the price was a bit extravicant, but I still purchased it. It was made with quality spanish steel, and was sharp as well. Smiling, I walked back doen to the tavern, but while passing the shipwright, I saw the same man as before... so I approched him once again...

(and that takes care of that!)

Status of Ships;

Last edited by Chuko on Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:48 am; edited 5 times in total
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adventures of the Pirate, di Rossi
Conversation with Will Scarlet
Hmm, I just wanted to see if you wanted to help form a pirate collective. It seems that there are only a few real pirates in this town, and I believe that we pirates should work together to assist each other where nessesary... at least for the time being... for example, share information, assist each other when in trouble, kind of like a Pirate code of Chivalry... I was wondering if you would like a part in it?I am di Rossi, maester of the Green Dragons pirate group... so, what do you think?

But before he had time to say any reply, a mand ran down the street, screaming somthing about the Governor being attacked...

"Get back to me with the answer, I wantto see what all this commotion is about...

Status of Ships;
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the adventures of the Pirate, di Rossi

Thinking about the events just passed, I lay back on a rock on the far side of te harbour. The Green Serpant's Galleon was still in the harbour, and I wan not sure if the commotion in town had settled down. So, my sister was in the Carrabian... I remembered that day all too well, a Geonan Trader, sailing to Marsellies, me, and my entire family, my sister, my mother, my uncle, and my father were moving because a war between the Queen of Spain and the crown of Pidemont had befallen the city of Geona. A Spanish raider sailed to, and our vessel struk its colours, being unable to fight. My father was a Count, and because of this, our family was singled out, and taken hostage. I, on the other hand, jumped overboard, and swam towards shore. I dont know what happened after that, for I then found myself on a dutch trader, heading for Batvaria...

Well, there was only one thing that I could do now... that would be leave town and search for Count da Silva in San Juan. He would be the only one who could tell me the location of my family; or at least, my sister. I stood up from the rock that I was sitting on and walked back into town, my first stop the tavern to recruit some men for my voyage...

Arriving at the tavern, which was still rather empty at this time, I walked to the bar, and asked if I had any messages. There were none, so I yelled at the top of my voice, 'Anyone here interested in joining my Ryokuryuukai?'
There was a strange man in the corner, who stood up when this was said, and walked over to me,
'Ryokuryuukai?' he asked in broken english, 'that takes be back to the time when I was a pirate in the East Sea...'
'East Sea?' I asked inquisitivly
'Yes, the East Sea, we would plunder Ming and Manchu vessels and bring home all of the spices, we were great, yet we plundered the wrong ship, a war ship, a Spanish War Ship. I was taken Prisoner, and taken to Panama... I escaped, you from the East Seas?'
Sort of understanding what he was saying, that he was once a pirate in the South China Sea, I replied, 'yes, I have spent some time in that area.'
'very good then, I shall join you!' he replied, happily.
'And what might your name be?'
'My name is Sai, and with my sword,' he pulled out a strange, long bladed sword, similar to the ones I saw at Nagasaki all those years ago, 'and with my sword, I will make the Ryokuryuukai the most feared pirate group in the world!'
'Brilliant, now all I need are another 90 of you...'
Another man stood up, 'If Sai's goin' then I'm goin too, I'm Jones, and Sai 'ere 'elped me escape from Panama Prison!'
As the men started to crowd around me, I saw my crew form. As I let Sai and Jones organize my crew, I wandered back down to the Shipwright, 'Ahh, so the green dragons are back, you made it out alive!'
'No more are we the green Dragons, we are now the Ryokuryuukai!'
'and what does that stand for?'
'Green Dragon Society...'
'Hah, ya ship's ready, now all you need is a crew...'
'Ryokuryuukai has a crew, we are Ryokuryuukai crew,' Sai said as about a ninty buccaneers crowded around me.
'I have, as a gift, five days worth of Rations here for you...'
'And it will take us that long to get to San Juan?'
'Will only take you four if your crew is hardy.'
'Then, men lets get there in three!' I yelled to my crew as they gave a hardy cheer. The Sailors climbed abord the Syzer, as we set off, set off to our destiny, to start a new Pirate Dynasty!

[basicly, what this is saying is that I will be away for a few days, so this puts my character conveniantly out of the goings on in Cutlass isle for a while. I will update occasionally on my hunt for Count da Silva, but they will not be regular...]

Status of Ships;
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adventures of the Pirate, di Rossi

San Juan

The voyage was short and uneventful. I had introduced myself to my crew, and my crew had introduced themselfs to me. Sai, it seemed, was a skilled swordsman, with quality navagation skill, and Jones was an ex thief, skilled in sneaking around and doing darstardly things. I decided to make those two mys equal seconds in command. Each of the Pirates wore a Green Bandanna around thier head, symbolizing themselves as members of the Ryokuryuukai, and were exremely skilled. However, we had no cannon, so despite the many merchant vessels that were sailing in the area, we could not attack them. To avoid being detected, we flew a Spanish Flag from our mast, for deception was our main ally.

Finally reaching port, I divided my men into Three Groups. Group one was the smallest, and was lead by Sai. He was to stay with the vessel, which was anchored a safe distance from the city and protect it, while the second group, lead by Jones, would raid the nobles mansion for gold and valubales. The third section, lead by myself, comprised of most of my men, who I allowed on the town to drink off the past few day's voyage. I looked in the harbour, but saw no vessel I recognized. I sighed, and headed for the Merchants shop first, a gaggle of men following me, to purchace some food for our return journey.
As I walked in the front door, the Merchant suddenly yelled out, 'We do not trade with Pirates!' and forced me out of the shop. I looked around, and saw another, much shadier merchant's shop in a dark alley.

The reception was a lot walmer when I wandered in, and asked for three tonnes of food, he had his boy lead my men to the warehouse, while I settled accounts with him. Thinking for a moment about why I was in town, I enquired about the whereabouts of the Evil Spaniard, Count da Silva...
'All I know is that the count is in town. He is a friend of the Governor, perhaps he would know...'
'Then, what about a Ms Amanda Harvard?'
'She left the port this morning, don't know where she was going...'
Thanks anyway,' I said, as I handed over the gold, and ordered my men to take the supplies back to the Ship. I made my way to the governors office post haste, and surprisingly, the Guard let me in without a second thought...

It was as one would expect a Governors Mansion was like, plush, extravagant, clearly the toast of the town. The governor guestured to me to sit down...

'My dear Mr di Rossi, We are at war with the French and the English. Would you care to purchace a Spanish Letter of Marqure for 800 gold?' The governor asked.
'No, I am afraid I will not at this point in time, I am here because I am looking for a friend of yours, a Count da Silva?'
'da Silva?' the governor replied, 'try looking in one of the taverns, I do not know which one... but in return, I would like you to conduct a mission for me.'
'Very well, the Ryokuryuukai keep thier promises'
'Deliver this document to our agent in the Dutch Port of St Marten. You will have my thanks for this mission.'
'Very well. Oh yes, do you know where the Harvard Child went?'
'Mexico City, I belive, to be sold off as a slave.'
Noticing a young girl's face quickly dart from view, I smiled to myself, "I thank you governor, it has been a pleasure. You can trust me with your mission.'
I stood up and left the building

[edit, fixed that plot hole for you, Falconer!]

Status of Ships;

Last edited by Chuko on Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Advantures of the Pirate, di Rossi

San Juan

Leaving the Governors mansion, I sat on the beach, and thought about things for a moment. In a town of this size, there would be many taverns. But the person I was looking for was of arisocracy. He would not be in a regular tavern with regular people, he would be in a place where the Nobles gathered. I looked at the blade of my sword, sharp and true, and placed it in its sheath, and walked into the nearest tavern. The atmosphere was dark and creapy, with the dark and smelly partons of the tavern looking at me as if I was a Llama. I asked the Fat woman behind the counter where I would find a tavern which rich foke hang out at. She pointed me in the direction of 'The Goldern Sleaze', on a hill, over looking town. As I approched, I noticed that the town guard were hanning around, it had seemed like there was a theft. I smiled at this, seeing that the Jones boy had done his job, and walked in. Scantarly clad women were draped over the various patrons, as water came out of gold plated fountans. I paid the ten gold cover charge, and walked to the bar, asking for a rum. As I sipped it, I asked the bar wrench if the Count da Silva was around. As I said this, a man suddenly got up, and ran out the door. Drawing my cutlass, I followed this suspicious man. As we reached the street, he turned, and drew his rapier. Facing me, he lunged a me, which I jumped, and amd as I came down, I swung my sword with all of my power. The COunt managed to block it, but the cutlass broke through the narrow blade of the Rapier. The Count got up, and faced me, a large, narrow moustache was on his face, the ends of which were twisted.
'You are a skilled swordsman di Rossi, so I'll tell you what I know. Your sister is being held in a remote plantation... or at least thats what I would like to say. The truth is much more... how can I put this, darker.'
'How much more darker?' I asked inquisitivly.
'Come, let us sit in this Tavern, I will explain things to you,' da Silva said, guesturing to a nearby tavern.
We sat down, and the Count recounted his story;
'The last time I was in Panama, I visited the Governor, as it is customary to do in any town you visit. When there, I saw a beautiful woman serving the Governor, and I asked him if she was his daughter. "Spoils from war" he replied, "Got her as a Slave, the daughter of the Count di Rossi of Geona., A beauty is she not?" I receved a ride to San Juan on the Ship of the Green Serpant, where I recounted this story to the admiral, who replied that he knew of you.'
'Then what of the sword fight?'
'Oh that? I wanted to see if you deserved that information,' the count said, leaving a few coins on the table to pay for his drink as he left the building. I thought about things for a moment. Panama, the Governors Mansion... there would be no harder place to get at than that... well perhaps the forts of Cartagina would be better defended. I would have to think things through. I placed a coin on the counter, and left, returning to my ship. It seemed that there were no deserters as roll call was given, and we set off.
'Back to cutlass isle?' asked Sai
'No, I have to do somthing in St Marten first.'

Status of Ships;
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

en route to St Marten

We left port at a leisurely pace. The wind was cool and clear, and the wind blew through my hair, reminding me of those wonderful days back when I was a boy. The number of vessels that sailed by were numerous, all of which had large and wealthy cargos. But since I had made an agreement with the local Spanish Governor, I decided not to touch them, much to the dismay of my crew. However, I promised them that after I had completed my mission in St Marten, we would go south to Montserrat and plunder some wealthy English Merchantmen, a fact on which the crew was most delighted. I sat down and talked to some of the members of the crew. Jones, I found out, was an ex thief, who was employed by the English Government to sneak into ports such as Cartagina and clean out their gold stocks. His luck ran out, however, when he was captured trying to break into the silver stocks in Panama. An interesting man, his exploits in San Juan had scored us a lot of cash. However, the peace of the evening was interrupted when one of the crew members yelled from the hold, ‘Stowaway!’
The stowaway was bought up to deck, and forced onto the deck before me. A hood covered the castaways head, which was removed to reveal a face I strangely remembered, if only for a fleeting moment, in San Juan. Seeing this face, I immediately ordered my ship to be turned around.
‘But why?’ the Stowaway asked.
‘Why? I replied, because you are the Governors Daughter, that’s why! If I keep you on my ship, I’ll have the entire Spanish Navy on my tail!’
‘But I hate it there! I have to attend those nasty balls, being shut away in the Governors mansion, I just hate it!’
‘But it’s too much of a risk to have the governors daughter on our vessel, for one, we would be a target for other Pirates, knowing that the daughter of such a prestigious governor was on this ship…’ replied Jones.
I thought about it for a moment, and ordered my ship to a nearby Island. Ordering my men to set up camp. The Governors Daughter, my two lieutenants, and myself remained on the ship, and held a conference.
‘A woman has no place on a ship,’ Sai stated, ‘they are bad luck and summon fourth the water demons! We should leave her here’
‘You and your superstitions, Sai,’ Jones said, ‘I don’t think such things exist. But it will bring demons in the form of other pirates. So far, most of the crew does not know her identity. If her true identity is revealed, the crew would hold her for ransom. Even if they don’t, the word will get out, and Pirates will target us. Even if they don’t, the Governor of San Juan will send the Spanish fleet after us…’
‘I agree with your judgment. Now we must ask ourselves what we will do with… um what’s your name?’
‘Sophia… but I don’t want to go back there!’
‘Do not be selfish, Sophia. You being on our ship causes us a lot of trouble.’ I said
‘I believe we should leave her with the Governor in St Marten, we don’t want to be seen as kidnappers. The Ryokuryuukei has a reputation to keep, although we do not have a big one, we don’t want to start off by kidnapping the Governors Daughter.’ Jones said.
‘But I want to stay with you, I want to be a Pirate!’ Sophia said.
‘That is impossible, I am afraid. We will leave you in St Marten, and explain to the Governor the circumstances behind it. I am sorry Sophia, but I just can’t.’
With that decided, we continued our voyage.

Status of Ships;
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Adventures of the Pirate, di Rossi
The First Voyage; St Marten

We landed safely, and crew dispersed to the taverns, whilst I, Sophia and Sai walked to the Governors Mansion. The Governor’s guard let us in, and the governor gestured us to sit.
‘My dear Mr. di Rossi we are allied with the French. Would you like to purchase a Dutch Letter of Marque for 800 gold?’
‘No, unfortunately, I have other business. I was recently in San Juan, and on my way back, it seemed like I had a rather important Stowaway.’
‘Oh?’
“This is Sophia, the daughter of the Spanish Governor, she was our stowaway. Although we, the Ryokuryuukai are Pirates, we are pirates with some since of Dignity and honor. So, instead of back tracking, I would like to see if I could leave things in your care, if you could return Sophia to San Juan.’
‘Very well, I will take care of it, in the interest of peace,’ the Governor said, a sly smile coming across his face.
‘Thank you, I owe you for this.’
We left Sophia in the Governors hands, and left to head to the tavern to complete the mission that the Governor of San Juan gave me. Entering the Tavern where he said we could meet the agent, I sat at the bar and ordered a bottle of mead, while Sai sat in the corner, with some water, as he could not handle alcohol. I scanned the room, looking at each of the Patrons, seeing if they matched the features of the agent. No one in the room matched, so I walked over to Sai and asked him to search the other taverns. As he left, I returned to my seat and watched the Patrons enter and exit the tavern. An hour later, and the man I was searching for entered the room. I waved to him, and he walked over. ‘Did the Governor of San Juan send you?’ he asked
‘Indeed he did. Here is the package I was ordered to give you.’
‘I thank you, I am sure the Governor would be happy. Oh, by the way, did you know that his daughter Sophia went missing.’
‘Yes, she stowed away on our ship. I dropped her off at the Governors Mansion and paid him to send her back.’
‘Very well, he will be happy about that as well. She’s a bit of a Tomboy. Anyway, I doubt I’ll see you again, farewell.’ he said, leaving the tavern. I returned to the dock area, and walked to the local shipwright. If I wanted to go hunting merchantmen, I would have to grab some cannon. Looking through the stock, I saw four cannons with a “special” tag hanging off it, the same type of cannon sold at Cutlass Isle. I purchased them, and had them shipped over to my Sloop, as my crew returned. Roll call revealed that there were no deserters, and we left, heading south to the English Islands, where we would begin our plundering…

Status of Ships;
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i]The Adventures of the Pirate, di Rossi
The First Voyage; Off the coast of Atunga [/i]

‘Sail ho!’ yelled the lookout, waking me up from my restful sleep.
‘have a closer look, Sam,’ I replied, before ordering our men to prepare for battle.
‘She looks like a merchantman, captain,’
‘Yes, approach, prepare the cannon for firing!’
‘She seems to be flying English Colours!’
‘close in for battle, raise our flag!’ I yelled as a black flag with a green dragon rose to the top of our flag mast. We moved into a position to broadside the Vessel, and our cannons fired grape shot, peppering the deck with small pellets.
‘reload the cannons, we are going to board them!’
Our ship changed direction, as the Merchantman fired off a feeble broadside which missed us by a few hundred meters. (hey metric system is still a few hundred years off!)
Our vessel charged at the merchantman at a tremendous speed, the wind behind us, as our prey tried in vain to escape. Closing on to them, our troops threw grappling hooks over the side of the Merchantman and boarded the ship. Sai lead the first raiding party, while Jones remained on the ship. Sai was incredible, his Eastern Sword cutting through the numerous sailors that laid in his way, leaving a carpet of bodies in his wake. I boarded the ship, and drew my cutlass, scanning the deck for the Captain. I saw a man run below deck, and I drew my sword and confronted him.
‘Stop, vile scum, I, the Pirate, di Rossi have come for your head!’ I yelled. The Captain stopped, and drew his cutlass, preparing for battle, beneath the decks of the ship.

[the scene, below the decks of the Merchantman, various objects are laying around the area.]
The captain charged at me, a charge that I easily avoided. I quickly turned, and struck towards his back, but he dropped his sword, and blocked it with a broom handle. Using the broom as a spear, he thrusted at me. The defense that this provided was so tight I could get nowhere near him. Then it hit me, I would use ‘That’ move. I jumped a thrust, landing on a barrel. I picked up the bottle of mead that I had recently purchased in St Marten, and threw it at him. He raised the broom stick to block this attack, and the mead splashed into his face. Whilst this was happening, I jumped, striking down, and cutting his throat with my sword. I stood there, and cleaned my sword by shaking it to the side, and declared the name of this move, ‘Ryokuryuu Finishing Move, Mead Bottle!’ I smiled, as I picked up another mead bottle that was nearby and took a sip. It seemed that the battle on the deck had been completed, as I sheathed my sword, and returned to the deck.

Bloodied bodies laid across the deck, as the mortally wounded were crying out in pain. It seemed like Sai went a little too mad, there were only eight or so crew members left who could stand, compared to almost zero fatalities from our ship. Jones climbed onto the ship, as Quartermaster, and asked, ‘Shall we keep the ship, or plunder and sink it?’
‘Nether. We will just plunder it, let these crewmembers go home with their ship. This will help increase our reputation.’ I turned to the surviving crew members, and said to them, ‘Fear us, for we are the Ryokuryuukai. There is no ship that is safe from us!’
The crew was happy as they hauled the goods and rum from the vessel. There was not much gold on board, but the money that we would make from selling these goods would be enormous. We moved off, letting the crippled merchantman return to its port, and I went back to sleeping under the afternoon sun. But my rest was not long
‘Sail ho!’
‘What, again? Go see what it is.’
‘She’s a War Galleon, Captain!’
‘We don’t want to commit suicide, we’ll leave her alone.’
‘Sir, she’s chasing us captain, we’ll have to fight!’
‘What flag is it flying?’ I yelled, panic starting to get into my voice. Sure we could take on a merchantman, but a War Galleon, no way.
‘Sir! It’s the Marquis Telzaro, the Governor of San Juan, Captain!’
‘What? Hail the vessel; I want to see what this is about!’

Status of Ships;
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Adventures of the Pirate, di Rossi
San Juan, Dungeon

I sat on the wooden seat, in this small, cramped stone cell. The red eyes of a rat were staring back at me, as I sank into a wave off depression... how did things end like this? A noise woke me from my thoughs, and I could hear footsteps from down the corridor. The door suddenly opened, and Governor Telzaro entered, his face red with anger.
'I trusted you... I let you into my home, I gave you advice, I trusted you with an important mission, and this, THIS is how you repay me? you kidnap my daughter and hand her over to our enemies allies? If I was not a calm and rational man, I would hang you from the flagpole outside my mansion! Explain why I should not do this now?!'
'I am afraid, your exelency, that you have things wrong. She stowed away on our ship, and since we wanted to complete the mission you gave us, we contnued on to St Marten, where we left her in the care of the local governer, asking him to return her here... we even gave him money to do this, you can ask the agent you had in St Marten about that.'
'I do not belive you, but since I am a kind and generous man, I will give you a chance to redeem yourself. I charge you to sack the city of St Marten, burn it to the ground, and return my daughter to me. I will hold the goods of value and your gold intill you complete this mission. Do you agree to this?'
'It seems fair, but I wold have to talk to my companions about it...'
'Release him!'
I walked up, and found my persnal belongings in a basket. I put my bandanna on my head, and took my cutlass, sheathing it . There was also that bottle of mead, I picked this up, took a swig, and went outside, and sat on a rock facing the sea, drinking my mead, as the other members of my crew arrived out. I took Jones and Sai out, and explained the deal to them
'Sounds fair,' Jones said, 'we kindof owe him, do we not, afterall, he released us in trust. We have no cannons, only a little food and no goods or gold. We have little choice but to attack the town.'
'I agree, it is the honorable thing to do...' Sai remarked, 'however, is it really alright working with the Spanish? After all, many of our crew, including myself have vandettas against the Spanish'
'As do I, Sai,' I replied, 'They are the reason why my family is seperated like this. But we have to do this. We will make it completely volentary, so if soomeone does not want to do this, they don't have to. We have a dabt of honor that must be repaid, and the Ryokuryuukai always repays thier debts!'
'Very well, its agreed,' Jones said, 'But there is the matter on how we are going to take the town.'
'We should storm the fort and take out as many enemies as possible!' Sai said
'No, that would cost too many of our men.' I replied
'So you wish to do it on the cheap, do you?' Jones said, 'The garrison of the city is about ninty, the same as our crew. I have a good suspition that if we did a head on assult, we would win, but the price in life would be high. So this is what I propose. We sneak into the town, and then, at night, attack various points in the city, drawing off the city guards while our main force attacks the fort. A smaller force will go up against the Governors Mansion, that is where most proberly Sophia is held. Once each of our objectives have been siezed, we will fly a green flag. We don't have to raise the city to the ground, just loot it dry.'
'That is dishonorable!' Sai said loudly
'Yes and no port would trust us...' I said
'But if you want to do it on the cheap, thats what you will have to do.
'Very well,' I said, 'we will do that. Brief the men, we are setting off!'

Status of Ships;
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

St Marten

I sat on a barstool in the bar outside the governors mansion, going over the plan in my head. First, a group of twenty one men, split into groups of three, will similtaniously attack various parts of the city, te docks, the warehouses, the rich part of town, the merchants place, overwelming and confusing the guard. Once the guard is confused, half would come here, and take storm the governors mansion, the other half would join Sai and Jones in taking the fort. A simple, yet trecherous plan... that Jones was indeed a good planner, to think up such a devious plan...
I sat down, sipping my mead, and listened to the conversation going on at in the tavern...
'did you here that new girl that the Governer has, she's being shipped to Tortuga in the morning...'
'I hear they moved her to the governors ship down at the harbour...'
This got my attention fast, that girl was obviously Sophia... there was no way to abort the attack, I took a swig frm my bottle of Mead, and ran out the door, drawing my cutlass, and heading for the docks. Passing a group of my men on the way, I signaled to them to follow me. This was urgent, As I approched the dock, I could see the merchantman, flying the standard of the Duke of Rotterdam [had to think up a place in Holland fast...] in the harbour... without thinking, actully knowing, that was where she was, I saw a rowboat and ordered my men to start rowing. I heard a loud trumpet sound, and knew that the attack on the Fort was taking place. I could not find a way to signal to them to stop, this is where I had to go. On the merchantman up ahead, there was a flurry of activity, as a number of longboats were dropped from the sides, and armed marines begain to row to shore. This was a problem, we did not expect there to be trained soldiers here, my men were hardy, but I had very little confidence in them standing up against a trained army... I had to finish this quickly. The longboats were halfway to shore as I reached the Merchantman, climbing on board, and drawing my sword. There was little in the way of armed opposition on deck, most of them had gone ashore, but a lone sailor saw me and yelled out in alarm, alerting the other sailors to my presence. Alone, outnumbered, and with no way to escape, there was only one thing I could do, fight my way out...

The sailors were not well armed, nor were really skilled with weapons. I managed to cut through thier lines fairy fast, gaining a few scars for my worth. I headed down towards the Captians cabin, where I was encountered by, none other than the Ships captian,
'Move out of my way, vile scum, I have not come for your head, I have come for the governor!'
'I will not let you disturb the duke!' he said, pulling out a longsword.
His weapon was most unsuited for fighting below decks, so it was my addvantage. As he tried to swing his weapon, I easily blocked it, and then jumped back, taunting him into battle. Enraged, he charged at me, but I hit the ground, he triped over my body, and fell to the ground. As I struggled to get back up, I saw him reach for his Pistol. I stamped on his had and retreved this weapon, and then entered the captians cabin, finding Sophia, tied up, her clothes half ripped, and the governor all over her.
'Vile scum, I have come for your head!' I yelled.
The governor, not even lookin said, 'you can have my head after I have finished...'
Enraged by this, I ran up to the governer, and shoved the pistol in his back, 'how about I give you this instead?'
I felt his body stifen with fright, as he slowly turned around, and recognised me.
'you... but why are you here?'
'I have been chaged by the Count Telzaro to return his daughter to him'
'but... but I was about to do that...'
'in Tortuga? I don't think so,'
I looked down at Sophia and threw by coat on the bed, telling her to put it on. slowly, with the Pistol stuck in his back, I forced the governor to the deck, followed by Sophia. The marines, who had returned because of the signal from the boat could do nothing, they could not risk the duke's life...I lowered Sophia into the row boat, and pushed the Governor in after her, and jumped in myself, ordering my men to row to shore. As I did, a Green Flag rose over the fort, the town was ours...

The city of St Marten was under our mercy, our men sang with glee as they loaded the goods onto our ship, we were overflowing in gold. However, the cost was high, over fourty men had lost thier lives in this battle. As we sailed back to San Juan, I decided that my first voyage was over. I gave a silent prayer to those that we lost, before declaring to the men that we would divide up the plunder when we got back.

Status of Ships;
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[OT: I dont like to do this, posting somthing so soon after I have already posted somthing, but by posting this post, this first voyage will be out of the way... wow, I have never written Post so much in a sentance]

The adventures of the Pirate, di Rossi
San Juan

We again stopped our ship outside of the harbor, and marched into town, Sai and Jones carried Sophia on a chair so she would not have to walk. We were greeted at the gates by the Governors Guards, who then escorted us to the Governors Mansion. Governor Telzaro was in tears, apologizing, while Sophia gave him a headfull, telling him that she was to go to no more stinky balls, or pawned off to Pirate wannabes. Governor Telzaro turned to me, smiled and said, 'I apologize for your false imprisonment. Here is the key to the warehouse where your goods and gold are stored. I also allow you permission to sail your boat into the harbor from hencefoward in. I also understand that you are looking for your long lost family. Well, I shall keep my ear to the ground, and if I hear anything, I will tell you.' I left, and ordered Sai to head back to the ship and sail it into harbour, as I wallked to the Merchants Quarter of town, looking for a place where I could sell the goods that we had plundered. The merchant had a large smile on his face as I entered his shop;
'Welcome, Mr di Rossi, I trust you are here to buy some goods for your next voyage, or are you here to sell?' the merchant said in an optimistic tone, completely forgeting thet he once said to me, 'We do not trade with Pirates!'
'I am here to sell. I have a warehouse and a ship full of good I want to liquidate, Sugar, Rum, Tobacco, Furs, the whole lot,' I replied
'The price of Sugar is not that high here... tell me, is it true you single handedly took the Duke of Rotterdam's vessel?'
'Yes it is,' I said, walking with him to the warehouse
'Amazing, and to rescue the governors daughter too, the spirit of Chivalry lives on, does it not?'
'Indeed it does, that is what we, the Ryokuryuukai is all about' I said, opening the door to the warehouse. The Merchant took a look around and offered my 3000 gold, which I accepted.

We walked back to the docks to see the Syzer enter port, and as my crew dispersed to the various Taverns to drink in rememberance of thier fallen comrades, I showed the merchant the goods on our ship. We were only willing to plunder the best from St Marten, so we receved a good price, 4000 gold for the goods on the ship, put together, we had ammased over 10000 gold pieces. Happy with the takings, me and my men returned to the ship and set sail for cutlass Isle

[from hencefowarth in, di Rossi's crew has dispersed, with thier taking of the plunder, and di Rossi is back on cutlass island... POST Guv Attack!]

Status of Ships;
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutlass Isle, Tavern

I sat in the tavern, drinking my mead, a bag of gold on the table before me... my takings from the recent adventure. I thought about the things that had been done in my short time since arriving on this Island, an attack on the Governors Mansion, my jorney to San Juan, the battle with da Silva... the sacking of St Marten, all of it seemed a distant memory. What remained in my memory was the one truth, my Sister was alive, and in the city of Panama. The Tavern was empty, as I talked to the bar wench, she informed me that the Red Bandanna Pirate, who I found out was called Will Scarlet had left the Island, a group of promising pirates were elsewhere in a shady meeting. There was no one to talk to. I sighed, picked up my bag of gold, and walked up the hill to the Governors Mansion. If there was no one to chat to, then I would talk to the Governor.

The streets of the town were quiet, almost no one was around, and I made swift passage to the Governors Mansion. Security was extremly tight, but hearing of my recent exploits, the Governor granted me an audience...
[someone can come in here if they want...]

Status of Ships;
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: