Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Best Fleet Formation
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matey...
Cutthroat

1083 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across an SOL a couple a days ago. Had to sink it though. My fleet were full. And yes, I like the ships, I only sell the Trade Galleons if I really must.

"How's it going to be Jack, are we going to be 2 immortals who batttle untill the Judgment Day, and the trumpets sound?"

"Or you could surrender!"

Very Happy
Luiz
Cutthroat

2182 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most important upgrades for speed are copper plating and cotton sails . I feel that the fleet moves at the speed of the flagship unless 1. You have taken a ship , kept it and it's damaged 2. Your flagship is slow. It's only what I have experienced. Reading You can sail up to anyship and given the option to attack . At this stage you can change your flagship . Then you get the option to attack or not. I think it's the only time you can change flaships, yes ? Victorious
Matey...
Cutthroat

1083 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe in battle, perhaps, but you can change flagships as long as you are at sea. You can't do that at land. I renamed my ship The Black Pearl after I went up to 16 knots once.

"How's it going to be Jack, are we going to be 2 immortals who batttle untill the Judgment Day, and the trumpets sound?"

Very Happy
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh, 16.

rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can change flagships in town too.
Matey...
Cutthroat

1083 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Heh heh, 16.

It's a Treasure Galleon. And it wasn't in a storm! That is pretty unusual, as the Treasure Galleons are known to be the slowest ship in the carribean sometimes.

Quote:
I can change flagships in town too.

You can everything! How is it that you can everything? What have made you to be able that? I can't save in towns either. Sad Confused

Very Happy
Luiz
Cutthroat

2182 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rupert Worship
Excuse my ignorance but, how do you change flag ships in port ? Reading
Unless you sell your flag ship Nervous Yes ? Arr!
Matey...
Cutthroat

1083 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luiz wrote:
Hi Rupert Worship
Excuse my ignorance but, how do you change flag ships in port ? Reading
Unless you sell your flag ship Nervous Yes ? Arr!

Yea! I see that now! He's so clever! But, I can't save in towns, so if I want to see how good my stat is after dividing plunder, I have to sail out, save, then sail in again and divide the plunder.

Very Happy
Luiz
Cutthroat

2182 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. You cannot save in a city , while engaged in a sword fight , attacking a city , dancing or in sea battle. You can check your status when you in port though. Wink
You can go into the option " divide the plunder" look what you will get and choose to do it later . Wink
i will take a screen shot for you from my gamer PC at home tonight and send it to you Thumbs Up
You can only save while at sea Smooth Sailing Arr!
Matey...
Cutthroat

1083 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait. IF I meet a wantedd criminal I can save. Very Happy

Maybe not how Rupert meant but I can still do it.!!

Very Happy
oldman
Rigger

483 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matey... wrote:
Wait. IF I meet a wantedd criminal I can save. Very Happy

Maybe not how Rupert meant but I can still do it.!!

While IN town at the tavern? Hmm... as I remember, you either have to be on sea, or on land not inside the port.
Matey...
Cutthroat

1083 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It saves in battle. Of course it's not I who save, but the game does. Thank ye, game.

Very Happy
berwatchey
Powder Monkey

41 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like my large frigate with full upgrades. shes fast, lots of guns. a huge crew. but has no cargo. so i use 2-3 sloops /sloops of war as cargo carriers. i make sure to give them plating and sails since those help with sailing. they keep up with my frigate just fine. and only 10 crew each to man.
Lill-Troll
Seaman

3042 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:
Blackheart wrote:
Capt Peter Blackthorne wrote:
It's been debated at length, but I personally feel that having a fleet slows you down, no matter what ships/upgrades you have. So, my preferred "fleet" is a single frigate or large frigate with triple hammocks.

My sentiments exactly. I couldn't imagine sailing around the Caribbean in a canoe. So far I've been able to take out anything I want with a Frigate, though admittedly sometimes a war canoe or pinnace will get away. I also prefer having just one ship, though sometimes I'll run a Large Frigate with a Frigate for backup.

From what I've seen so far, there are obviously those who disagree. But to each his own. That's one of the nice things about the game, there are so many different ways to play it. But for me, I just don't like having a fleet, I'd rather just have my tall ship, and I rarely keep ships I take unless it or its cargo is particularly valuable.
Twisted Evil Try sailing from Vera Cruz to Trinidad.

Teh Horror Shocked I did that once, with just 1 Frigate, took bloody forever to get there Sad
Lill-Troll
Seaman

3042 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt Peter Blackthorne wrote:
It's been debated at length, but I personally feel that having a fleet slows you down, no matter what ships/upgrades you have. So, my preferred "fleet" is a single frigate or large frigate with triple hammocks.

With a large frigate, I can have a crew of 375 men, which is really enough for most anything I need to do. I can get around the map fairly rapidly and still open a can of whoop-ass on most every Spanish city.

Aye, I have the same experience, I try to keep a fleet, but no matter what, the extra ship(s) slow you down to a halter, regardless of what kind they are.

Currently have a SoL, maybe should I get a Warcanoe or Mailrunner, as they are sligthly faster that the Frigate-class, it should be able to keep up- And it gives me something to battle the smaller ships like Sloops (A pain for me in my mastodont Ship of the Line)

That's one thing that annoys me. Even though Navigator tooltip says he increases Speed of the Fleet, he only increase speed for the Flagship
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: