Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

What is your biggest bounty?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dread pirate roberts
Powder Monkey

1110 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: What is your biggest bounty? Reply with quote

I recently got a bounty on my head for 32,000 from Spain. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I have captured 12 cities along the coast of South America, along with countless treasure and trade galleons captured.
SciPionX
Powder Monkey

162 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the spanish put a price of $56,000 on my head towards the end of my career
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

45k has been my best bounty from spain but then again I squashed every priate hunter that came after me and hit there prescious treasure fleets and military payroll ( think I get more money form these ships)

I hope to get it higher
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
marichmo
Powder Monkey

803 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91k by the Spanish. After dividing plunder, this dropped to like 60k or so... they must think I'm getting soft! Heh, I'll show them Cool
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bow down before you.. I must be too soft on them only having a 45k on me... but then again on swashbuckler you don't want them way to made at you or your not living to see the next port ... lmao
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
habichvergessen
Powder Monkey

88 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The put 45.000 on my head.
I didn't manage to change any governours but hopefully they will pay more if I will Wink
Cajun1
Powder Monkey

292 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy ye lads must really ticked off the Royals of Spain...I thought I was OK
with a meeesly 14,000 pieces of gold. I've converted several cities over to
other Nations.My present rank on adventurer Spainish Capt.,Dutch Adm.,
English Baron,and French Count. I try and play all ends againt the middle!!!
I find the land battles to be a little pain in the arse-ish...Finished one game on
Journeyman as a Shipwright w/3500 acres of land and approx.28000 gold if
I remember I'll check and see if thats the right amount of gold.....
---------> AND I STILL CAN'T DANCE <-------- Oops
Kuniworth
Powder Monkey

181 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spain offered 162 000 gold to the ones capturing me. I had been sailing for 12 straight years startin 1660 on adventurous level.
Kuniworth
Powder Monkey

181 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my treasure was almost 700 000, that maybe explains it.
captainkidd78
Seaman

559 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONly about 60,000.... but then again I was only 25 at the time...

I would attack monastaries if I could get some doubloons or a fine mead
crpgnut
Powder Monkey

602 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could make up any number I want. Let he who brags a high bounty take a screenshot and post it. This will make it slightly more believable. I decided to capture all the Spanish cities along the South American shoreline and then see what my bounty was. It was 24,000. That was after completely taking Cumana, Cartagena, Rio de la Hacha, Santa Marta, Puerto Cabello, Puerto Bello, etc. I installed new governors too, not just captures. Maybe it has to do with how fast you do this. I did it over a period of two divvies. Probably 5 years. I'm really hoping that pirate hunters don't use sloops on higher difficulty levels. I'm playing journeyman and a sloop will come out, take one broadside and run away. Some hunter Smile I'll move up to adventurer now. Is there much difference?
Kuniworth
Powder Monkey

181 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I can post them here. No problem. I'm at work right now so I will get to it when I get home.

Thing is that the bounty is reduced over time if you don't keep up your work.

I have completed all tasks except finding aztecs lost city. Ive been sailing for almost 20 years without dividing the plunder. It's possible to do this. I'm not kidding you.
luckybaer66
Swabbie

1282 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 2 years as a journeyman English Privateer, I had a 24K gold piece tag on my head. I think this was because I was sinking French ships like crazy and screaming, "Take that Chirac!" everytime a ship was plundered or sent to Davy Jones' locker. Also, Guadalupe is now English, and Montserrat has been sacked.

I finally made peace with the Spaniards, and I never really antagonized the Dutch, so I think I'll stick to picking on the French and see how high I can drive up the price on Marquis Cyan Corsair's head.
crpgnut
Powder Monkey

602 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuniworth wrote:
Of course I can post them here. No problem. I'm at work right now so I will get to it when I get home.

I have completed all tasks except finding aztecs lost city. Ive been sailing for almost 20 years without dividing the plunder. It's possible to do this. I'm not kidding you.

On what level? If you can go 20 years without dividing the plunder, the game is broke. I really believe they've dumbed this thing down for 7 year olds. The only challenge left in the game is how fast you can press buttons. Any thinking has been dropped completely. Maps and promotions are ridiculously easy to acquire.
Kuniworth
Powder Monkey

181 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crpgnut wrote:
Kuniworth wrote:

On what level? If you can go 20 years without dividing the plunder, the game is broke. I really believe they've dumbed this thing down for 7 year olds. The only challenge left in the game is how fast you can press buttons. Any thinking has been dropped completely. Maps and promotions are ridiculously easy to acquire.

On journeyman. When crew got unhappy I took some burried treasure and somehow the morale seemed to go up. When I took out Montalban you get 100 000 so that helped a bit.

Odd thing though. I tried to see what happened if you starve the crew. Strange thing; no one died and they crew went from unhappy to very happy. Really odd, I think this needs testing, possible bug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: