Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Dividing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drug Lord11
Swabbie

1313 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Dividing! Reply with quote

Just wandering, what is the longest time you guys have ever gone without dividing your hard earned gold. Send in your screen shots.

Mine is 145 months which is roughly 12 years. I'll send a screen shot in as soon as I can.
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been guys that go the entire game without dividing plunder. I've never done that myself. Quite a while back there was a guy that made it to 85 years old then he just decided to quit. He had screen shots and everything. It was pretty cool... Smile
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any entire career!

Longest time? probably until I was 38 and retiring with 7.2 million in the ships hold.
QBRADQ
Seaman

4756 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7.2 Mil? Wow Rupert, you were busy Very Happy

I've never made it to a half mil, but I've spent 340+ months at sea with the same crew. So long as you have atleast 1006 (I think) gold per crew member, they won't mutiny.

I have a game on Adventurer where I was trying to become an old ghost pirate captin, but I got bored of it. Now I'm doing the same thing on Rouge. Considering I have two SOLs in my current game, it's not as borring Razz

QBRADQ
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current game: 520 months at sea, 2.1mil gold
Pirate is 72 years old and still as spry as when he was 40.
Thinking of retiring soon just so I can start another game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
QBRADQ
Seaman

4756 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ The Don

Could you give us some more info? Like, what difficulty level you are playing on, in what era did you start, what skill did you take, ect.? Also, how's fencing at 70 given the above? Are any of the opponents impossible?

QBRADQ
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:
Any entire career!

Longest time? probably until I was 38 and retiring with 7.2 million in the ships hold.

Hehehehe that's unfair, you used the money bug Razz

I've kept it going the entire career too, and I can't get the money bug Wink
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QBRADQ wrote:
@ The Don

Could you give us some more info? Like, what difficulty level you are playing on, in what era did you start, what skill did you take, ect.? Also, how's fencing at 70 given the above? Are any of the opponents impossible?

QBRADQ

Playing at Rogue level primarily because the only difference I saw in Rogue and Swash was some ridiculous cheats enemy ships are given (as complained about ad nauseum in other threads). I have played several games on Swash level, also.

Started in 1680. I almost always start out with the Spanish so I can gain Spanish rank more quickly. Skill was either in medicine or fencing... don't recall right now (and I'm at work, not at my game computer).

I have had no problem fencing any opponents. I rarely take more than 3 hits to win, even at my advanced age. Lately I have taken to taunting them to death just to do something different. It seems like the game only lets you face two kinds of opponents... easy and impossible. I've only had one impossible opponent in all my games, a demon-possessed Raymondo that I couldn't beat no matter what I did. I ended up jumping off the ship into the ocean (then reloading and beating him with no problem... strange).

After completing all the quests, marrying a beautiful daughter, etc., I made my goal for this game to hit 2 million gold. I've done that. I also want to get to 100,000 acres of land, which I have a ways to go to get to, but I may retire and start a new game. I'm interested in the Costa Guarda challenge, so that's probably what I'll do next.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
QBRADQ
Seaman

4756 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input, The Don. That's invaluable to me at this point, as I too am playing 1680 on Rouge, with aspirations for imortality.

As for Deamon-Possesed guys, I run into them all the dang time. I've had a few in bar fights, about half the time I fight a villan, and about one third of the time when I fight captains of millitary ships. And every once in a while there will be an unamed pirate that shanks my shives Smile

I usualy don't loose to those deamon-men, but I'm only 30 or so right now.

Ohh, also, I havn't tried Swash yet, but I have noticed something. Some people say it's plain cheep, and nearly imposible, and the others say it's easy as pie. No one thinks it's a challange... Where's the grey area? As for Rouge, I am greatly enjoying it. I actualy get hit in naval battles, and fencing is excitting. Anyhow...

At least Raymondo stoped showing up in bars...
Dang patch Razz
QBRADQ
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QBRADQ wrote:
Thanks for the input, The Don. That's invaluable to me at this point, as I too am playing 1680 on Rouge, with aspirations for imortality.

As for Deamon-Possesed guys, I run into them all the dang time. I've had a few in bar fights, about half the time I fight a villan, and about one third of the time when I fight captains of millitary ships. And every once in a while there will be an unamed pirate that shanks my shives Smile

I usualy don't loose to those deamon-men, but I'm only 30 or so right now.

Ohh, also, I havn't tried Swash yet, but I have noticed something. Some people say it's plain cheep, and nearly imposible, and the others say it's easy as pie. No one thinks it's a challange... Where's the grey area? As for Rouge, I am greatly enjoying it. I actualy get hit in naval battles, and fencing is excitting. Anyhow...

At least Raymondo stoped showing up in bars...
Dang patch Razz
QBRADQ

All I can say is I've found a swordfighting method that works and I haven't lost a swordfight (in fact, haven't even had a challenging one) since meeting the demonRay several games ago. Once in a while I get an opponent who actually dodges one of my hits and I'm pleasantly surprised.
Areandbee
Swabbie

2024 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started my career as Swahbuckler in 1680 and retired at the age of 53. I decided that once I hit 1 million gold it was time to live the good life in Havana.

All those years at sea and the only boys that saw any of the gold were the ones that joined me for the last couple of rides. HR noticed a high turnover rate for my ships but being an independent business owner they couldn't do anything about it. Razz
Cussler
Cutthroat

2686 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howie wrote:
There have been guys that go the entire game without dividing plunder. I've never done that myself. Quite a while back there was a guy that made it to 85 years old then he just decided to quit. He had screen shots and everything. It was pretty cool... Smile

I think that was Salty Dog. He went 62 years to age 80 without ever dividing the plunder. Howie might be talking about someone else, though. 85 years? Wow.

Salty Dog's career:

http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2862
Drug Lord11
Swabbie

1313 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="TheDon"]
QBRADQ wrote:
Thanks for the input, The Don.All I can say is I've found a swordfighting method that works and I haven't lost a swordfight (in fact, haven't even had a challenging one) since meeting the demonRay several games ago. Once in a while I get an opponent who actually dodges one of my hits and I'm pleasantly surprised.

Wjat is this swordfighting method that works for you.
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wjat is this swordfighting method that works for you.

It's hardly unique. I know others on the board use the same tactics.

It's defense THEN offense.

Don't attack first. Wait for your opponent to attack. Parry his attack, then go immediately into your own offensive move. If he thrusts, don't try a high chop. He'll recover from the thrust too fast and block it.

It works. You should be able to take out almost every opponent you face with 3 or 4 hits while practically never taking a hit yourself. Since your crew tends to start dieing off on you when you swordfight on a ship, this really helps preserve your crew, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: