Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Friendly Native Guide: Some Tips and Advice on Treasure Maps
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve2000
Powder Monkey

1 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great guide - I just joined the forum and this looked very helpfull. I got the INCA treasure map as South-East of Campeche - and tried the Lost Lake suggestion - and an amazing thing happened...

I accidentally found Montalban's hideout! I only had 1/4 of the map to it, so I wasn't even looking for it - but it just happened to be in the vicinity of the lost Lake! Awesome.
Swordeater
Seaman

2009 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, this is nice. Didn't know about the coastal landmarks being a starting point... now I can find that hideout!
Mysander
Powder Monkey

56 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: I just cnt find this place! Please help.. Reply with quote

I´ve beem searching for my father, whos is supposed to be south of Campeche.

Here is link to the map: http://dump.1964artwork.dk/1.jpg

And here: http://dump.1964artwork.dk/1.jpg

I´ve found a Cutthroat Reef south west of Campeche, but it is not there. There is another Cutthroat Reef, longer down south. This is west of Puerto Bell, but thats not it. Please, can anybody help me. I´m goint completely crazy here:-)

Best regards,

Mysander

Denmark
Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: I just cnt find this place! Please help.. Reply with quote

Mysander wrote:
I´ve found a Cutthroat Reef south west of Campeche, but it is not there. There is another Cutthroat Reef, longer down south. This is west of Puerto Bell, but thats not it. Please, can anybody help me. I´m goint completely crazy here:-)

Best regards,

Mysander

Denmark

Mysander, First off -- Welcome to Cutlass Isle.

I think that I can give you just enough assistance to let you find your Grand Father. "South of Campache" can be anywhere from just that all the way down to the Bay of Honduras.

I believe that what you're looking for is Near Lake Izebel. It isn't labled as such on your map, but if you look here, you should find the shak with your Gramps. Don't pay any attention to the "You are Here" mark, but rather look near the Large Red X.

Happy Hunting!!

Rabid Weasel
Powder Monkey

210 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That tip about landing at coastal landmarks when there's no shore in the map works wonders. I wound up with a Monty map that had nothing, and thought I'd go insane trying to find it.

Then I read this topic, sailed north, found a seamark, landed, and saw the tower of his hideout as plain as day. We did have a few landing difficulties however....
BeastOfSoda
Powder Monkey

89 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys. i've started playing this game just a few days ago, but it's nice to see it has such an active fan community still cherishing it.

i'm actually posting because of a quirk: i've found the treasure of one of the pirates, somewhere north of st. domingo, and when i found it the quest finished ad the ma disappeared as usual. here's the puzzler tho': when i passed by there again today, on my way to cumana, the same landmark that brought me to the treasure was blinking with a "treasure nearby" notice. of course i found it odd, because i didn't have the mission active anymore and i was without the map to boot, and when i searched around the place to see if i could find it there wasn't much at all to be dug.

now, i'm not sure if this is due to a couple of things: first, i installed the update earlier today, and i found that treasure still using the unpatched version; could that have borked something up? also popping to mind is the montalban map, which is not complete yet tho', and even then i doubt it would notify me of a hidden treasure (more like a hidden dou***, but that's beside the point). has anyone had this happen to them, and will it be of any consequence on my game? thanks!

[EDIT] never mind, i sorted it out: i just found captain kidd's treasure, and the message stopped appearing on the other landmark. maybe the flag hadn't been reset properly, and finding the next loot reset it somehow? go figure O_o at any rate, everything looks fine now Smile
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BeastOfSoda and welcome to Cutlass Isle! Arr!

Hooked On Pirates' days of glory are long gone, but we are a bunch of hardcore fans here still enjoying the game Wink

BeastOfSoda wrote:
i just found captain kidd's treasure, and the message stopped appearing on the other landmark.

I think that's what usually happens, the landmarks stay until a new treasure map piece is created.. then they disappear. It's been a while since I played at Apprentice difficulty, but i am sure the sea-landmark blink until another treasure is spawned, then it will stop blinking. It's probably no bug. Finding Treasure

Lost cities follow the same pattern, landmarks doesn't disappear until another lost city map piece is created.

BeastOfSoda wrote:
also popping to mind is the montalban map, which is not complete yet tho', and even then i doubt it would notify me of a hidden treasure

Montalban's Hideout can never spawn on Cuba, Near Port Royale, near Santo Domingo or near San Juan (I don't think it can spawn near St. Augustine neither). Just like a lost city, it can only appear on the Spanish Main.

Good luck in your game!
BeastOfSoda
Powder Monkey

89 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see, that's some useful insight. but actually, i'm playing on journeyman difficulty, it shouldn't be showing more cues than necessary; besides, i had the very same thing happen again with another landmark, only difference is i got that treasure much earlier on (come to think about it, the last one i discovered was an incan one), so i don't think it's supposed to be that way since i found them all. it doesn't really bug me much, since i cleared all the pirate treasures and all (i'm only missing the incan ones), but thanks for your exhaustive reply Very Happy
Ladysman217
Powder Monkey

9 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:52 am    Post subject: Yall saved me 2023 Reply with quote

No joke the advice on objects not having collision when your not by the treasure was a life saver when I had no costal landmarks on the map Sailor
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14583 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless advice! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: