Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Attacking towns in Xbox version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gdawg007
Powder Monkey

58 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Attacking towns in Xbox version Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone posting here is just playing the PC version, but so far it appears in the xbox version the only way to attack a town is to make a nation quite angry with you. Does someone know if this is true or not? You cannot land and walk into the town like you can in the PC version, unless I'm not landing close enough. Is there a way to attack any town like in the PC version or did they leave that out in the xbox version?
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Attacking towns in Xbox version Reply with quote

Gdawg007 wrote:
I don't know if anyone posting here is just playing the PC version, but so far it appears in the xbox version the only way to attack a town is to make a nation quite angry with you. Does someone know if this is true or not? You cannot land and walk into the town like you can in the PC version, unless I'm not landing close enough. Is there a way to attack any town like in the PC version or did they leave that out in the xbox version?
You could be attacking the wrong kind of town.

On the PC, you can only attack the towns that have Governors.
The ones with Mayors can not be attacked.
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are towns and settlements in the game. You can only attack the towns - the settlements are No Go.

On PC, you can only attack towns that are angry at you from the sea. You can anger them either by shooting at them while you are sailing in front of them, or sinking enough of that nation's ships. I take it that this works similarly in X-Box?

Are you saying that you cannot land in the X-Box version and walk your men to the town to attack it? What happens if you try this?
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
No Beard
Powder Monkey

17 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Land Battle's in Xbox Reply with quote

I will have to check this out.... Nothing is more frustrating than sailing right into a town you want to attack.

So, I can fire my cannon (by pressing "A") as I sail by the city on the map, that'll piss them off, and I can attack.

I have not found a way to land troops and attack a town in Xbox, you have to sail in. Has any xbox user figured this out?
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Land Battle's in Xbox Reply with quote

No Beard wrote:

I have not found a way to land troops and attack a town in Xbox, you have to sail in. Has any xbox user figured this out?
You land troops the same way you land troops to look for burried treasures.

Then walk to the town.
Vulture
Gunner

606 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be possible. How else would you plunder Panama, Gran Grenada, etc.

32 brightly polished cannons, a bottle o'rum, ahh..... a pirates life for me!
CAPTAINcredible
Seaman

1094 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play the xbox version and you just have to fire your cannon on them a bunch of times by pressing A. If the town belongs to a nation you're in good standing with, you sometimes have to fire as many as 30 or so times which often times requires repeatedly sailing in a loop near the town while firing to pull it off.

Get your own fleet/inventory banner!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Land Battles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: